UNLV2001

Loyola Marymount at UNLV

Juiston is an instinctive rebounder but not a cerebral player at all. Hamilton sucks at defense. Clyburn is so inconsistent, yet the whole team looks to him. This team makes many, many bone-headed plays. Red flag? I hate to think so, but I do. We could’ve overwhelmed that team and yet the whole attitude is very timid. Strange...

Lmu chants from about a dozen lmu fans ringing clear in a mostly empty t&m. Marvin slumps into the locker room ahead of anyone else.

Feels like dirt should be shoveled onto this once proud program. Feels like I should be doing something else with my time.

LMU has 4 starters from last year and at best they came in 8th in the WCC.  They have one guy, Bateman, that can score.  We are in some trouble.  Forget the volume of turnovers, where are we going to get some scoring.  We may not win another game this year after our exhibition victory.  It looks that bad.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rebelcuff said:

How is Desiree going to come up with the buy outs?

She's been creative in the past. We're paying her the big bucks to come up with genius ideas such as unlimited nachos and rebel dogs--- that'll turn the program around. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

12 minutes ago, jdw said:

You have to win home games, especially against similar teams. The identity of "My House" can win you some games later in the season, but you have to establish it now. 

Agree, but have to go back to early in Rice’s tenure the last time UNLV was really tough at home.  Been a while since UNLV was tough at home.

• Like 2

Happy for my guy Mike Dunlap.  Good guy, quality coach.  LMU isn’t an easy job.

As for UNLV, lots of basketball to be played but if this team is going to accomplish much of anything they better be a very good defensive team., fg% percentage, forcing turnovers for easy baskets in particular.   They didn’t do a bad job tonight in terms of fg% defense, but didn’t generate many turnovers.

At least early in the season, if not the entire season, I don’t see this being a very good offensive team.  If you are not stellar defensively, not going to beat too many teams barely shooting 10% from three off 15 or more attempts and over 2:1 turnovers to assists.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ph90702 said:

The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!  Calm the f-ck down!  Look at the long-term picture.  Defense was exceptional on the first half.  Build off that, work on the offense.

Long term picture for this season looks bad.  

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Ernie Baer said:

Happy for my guy Mike Dunlap.  Good guy, quality coach.  LMU isn’t an easy job.

As for UNLV, lots of basketball to be played but if this team is going to accomplish much of anything they better be a very good defensive team., fg% percentage, forcing turnovers for easy baskets in particular.   They didn’t do a bad job tonight in terms of fg% defense, but didn’t generate many turnovers.

At least early in the season, if not the entire season, I don’t see this being a very good offensive team.  If you are not stellar defensively, not going to beat too many teams barely shooting 10% from three off 15 or more attempts and over 2:1 turnovers to assists.

The defense will be good.  You could see glimpses of it tonight.

Offense won’t be great, but it won’t be this bad.