UNLV2001

Loyola Marymount at UNLV

DATE: Saturday, November 10
TIME: 7 p.m.
SITE: Tarkanian Court, Thomas & Mack Center (18,000), Las Vegas
TV: AT&T SportsNet (Drew Goodman, Dave Bollwinkel, sideline: Jenny Cavnar)
RADIO: NBC Sports Radio 920 AM (Jon Sandler, Robert Smith)
AUDIO: UNLV Gameday App/TuneIn & UNLVRebels.com

UNLV leads the all-time series 23-5

UNLV is 15-2 all-time vs. LMU at home

UNLV won the last meeting 79-60 at the Thomas & Mack Center on Dec. 29, 2005

UNLV is 132-55 all-time against teams that currently make up the WCC

The two schools played a memorable game in the 1990 NCAA Tournament with UNLV winning 131- 101

UNLV is 48-12 all-time in season openers and is 40-6 when opening the season at home

The Runnin’ Rebels are 25-2 in season openers at the Thomas & Mack Center

UNLV has won 12 of its last 13 season openers overall

Loyola Marymount opened the season on Tuesday with a 75-43 win over Westcliff

LMU was 11-20 overall last season, finishing eighth in the WCC with a 5-13 conference mark

LMU returns nine letterwinners, including four starters, from last year’s team

This year’s UNLV roster has a total of 11 freshmen and sophomores

Last year, UNLV won 20 games for the first time in four years

UNLV holds the NCAA record for most consecutive games scoring at least one 3-pointer. Since the 3-point field goal was adopted by the NCAA in 1986-87, UNLV has converted at least one 3-pointer in all 1,039 games played

The 2018-19 season marks the 36th year of Runnin’ Rebel basketball in the Thomas & Mack Center. UNLV has posted an all-time record of 478-118 (.802) in the arena since it opened in 1983

The 2018-19 year marks the 61st season of Runnin’ Rebel basketball at UNLV. Since the program’s inception in 1958-59, the Runnin’ Rebels have posted an all-time record of 1,271-553 (.697)

UNLV has finished the season with a winning percentage above .500, 55 times in its 60-year history

Good luck Rebs!  

I'm glad it's on AT&T Rocky Mountain so the game will be broadcast nationally on DISH.  Some of those other AT&T regional broadcasts don't make it up my way.  So, I'm looking forward to watching my Rebels.

39 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

7 freshmen, 4 sophmores, 1 junior and 2 seniors, 1 of which is new to the program. should be a good year. :huh:

If those numbers are referring to UNLV, something is off.

There aren't 7 freshmen, even if you count the two walk-ons.  And Juiston, Robotham, and Clyburn are all seniors.

15 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

If those numbers are referring to UNLV, something is off.

There aren't 7 freshmen, even if you count the two walk-ons.  And Juiston, Robotham, and Clyburn are all seniors.

yeah, you're right, the freshmen and sophmores TOTAL 11, and Georgie wasn't included either, so with the walk on Blair, 3 juniors.

but other than that, lol..

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

Something is wrong with embedding of Twitter posts.

I know. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Solid defense.

Too many turnovers...13.

Definitely see chemistry isnt there yet. As expected really.

To be up 7 with only 25 points is kinda surprising.

I think things open up a bit 2nd half. But hopefully defense stays in focus since that was our downfall last year. The offense will come. Not Golden State or UNM/Reno 3pt contest offense, but getting layups and putbacks.

• Like 1

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

The defense looks legit, stifling even. Ntambwe is huge and already really good as a defender.

Somehow the individual parts of this team are worse than I thought they were, but the overall team seems better than I thought.

If that makes sense.?

1 minute ago, BestintheWest said:

The offense will come. Not Golden State or UNM/Reno 3pt contest offense, but getting layups and putbacks.

I think Woodbury might be better early on than Hamilton. Hamilton has to get his offense going toward the basket. Trey might stretch the d. I hear he can shoot among many things he can do.