sactowndog

Caravan stopped in its tracks?

1 hour ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

The caravan has happened annually in recent years. This year it was focused upon by Trump first and then the media. As it does every year it dispersed as it moved north. This year there was apparently a conscious decision by a portion of the folks, beginning with the LBGT contingent, to head to TJ as opposed to other crossings. Last I read about 3000 had arrived in TJ and will either ask for asylum (there is a big labor shortage in TJ) or present themselves at one of the Port of Entries. I agree with you that  the idea that the GOP orchestrated this is ridiculous.

Forget the annual trend...  THIS YEAR it means it’s all a FALSE FLAG!!!!

• Haha 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

Nothing to see here folks,  there is no caravan, just go back home and back to your business.  Nothing is happening at all!  Its all just a myth perpetrated by Trump~ 

Illegal immigration isn't even a thing!  Its all just more Trump lies!  When are people going to understand that what they see is not real!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm, election over, migrants arriving at border, and Nacho Duce sends the troops back to their bases? Almost makes one think it was a political stunt.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/11/19/troops-us-mexico-border-come-home-1005510?cid=apn

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

On 11/18/2018 at 7:14 AM, NorCalCoug said:

My guess is it’s an incremental, and unnecessary cost IMO.  I don’t believe it to be necessary and do question it - in that regard I do agree it’s a political stunt.  That said, I still get a hearty laugh out of those who think this caravan is some false flag conspiracy orchestrated by the GOP that disbursed after the elections.  They’re either incredibly ill-informed or just blinded by their partisan goggles.

An imprecise way of describing what happened.

I think it's ludicrous to think that Trump orchestrated the caravan to come into existence and head towards the border. Both because it's ludicrous on it's face and because I don't think Trump's attention span could last that long and handle something that complex.

It isn't/wasn't a false flag. That's just silly. It was simply racial demagoguery to be exploited and then quietly dropped and forgotten once the election is over. Amazing how this threatening invasion just kind of went away as soon as the election was over.

That it wasn't a false flag doesn't make it any less ugly or morally repugnant to be used as a way to provoke fear and panic though. Nor, as you correctly pointed out, does it make it any less of a wasteful, absurd expense.

• Like 3

Tear-gassing children while claiming moral superiority is the American way.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Reasonable response by Mexico: 

The Mexican government announced Sunday evening that it will deport nearly 500 migrants who rushed the U.S. border between Tijuana and San Diego, Calif., on Sunday.

In a statement, Mexico's interior department said these migrants were captured with the help of local authorities of the government of the state of Baja California and will be deported after attempting to cross the border "violently."

Videos and photos of the migrants, including children, crossing a footbridge over a canal in Tijuana as they head to the border were posted to social media. The incident prompted both the U.S. and Mexico to shut down the port of entry on their respective sides.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mexico-deporting-nearly-500-migrants-after-california-border-blitz/ar-BBQ5K1h?ocid=spartanntp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

I'm usually with you on this stuff but you have misstated things. Check the video. Maybe there is a child there but I see none. In fact, I don't see any women either. I am sympathetic to the plight of the great majority of these people. However, I'm not naive enough to believe they are all suffering from persecution by their government or hounded by criminal elements and we simply don't need any more people to come to our country as unskilled laborers. Offer a decent wage and there will be plenty already here to fill those slots.

I do think the fake prez is being his usual FOS self in encouraging the use of "lethal" force on people who may simply be trying to climb his "beautiful" fence.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

Southbound at San Ysidro POE is now back open. Entry into US still closed. Otay crossing functioning normally. If they don’t reopen northbound soon there will be severe economic consequences on both sides. 

34 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Southbound at San Ysidro POE is now back open. Entry into US still closed. Otay crossing functioning normally. If they don’t reopen northbound soon there will be severe economic consequences on both sides. 

Northbound is controlled by us or Mexico?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

9 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Northbound is controlled by us or Mexico?

Nominally both, but on the Mexican side there’s just a few soldiers standing around watching people go by. The controls are immediately north of the border. On the videos I saw folks pulling at the old metal fence made of surplus landing strip panels. No one got to the bigger second fence. Really no exposure there. The pedestrian crossings are so channelized that they can’t be rushed.  What caused the problems yesterday was people rushing the automobile crossings. That’s an area where there are gaps. 

A100D895-B4AE-4A66-B9DE-794D8DFC166F.jpeg

From this morning's L.A. Times article on the event.

1. To quote a USC public policy professor, "Some people are seeing an invasion, and some people are seeing toddlers being tear gassed." As that professor suggests, neither is accurate and those who continue to claim as much need to STFU because, as the professor also said, the situation was tough to begin with and these men's attempt to overwhelm our Border Patrol is going to make it that much worse.

2. The Times writers reported that the migrants were chanting "We are not criminals! We are international workers!" That's more evidence of how ignorant the leaders of the caravan are. First they begin their march before the November election, thereby providing a campaign vehicle for their worst enemy, Trump. Now they admit - or at least many of them do - that rather than seeking asylum from tyranny in their homeland, they are hoping to gain entry to the U.S. solely for economic reasons.

Such facts further convince me that we have to be very careful about which of these primarily Hondurans we allow into our country. Because if we let the great majority in, to say nothing of all of them, it will set a precedent which will result in a deluge of people from elsewhere in Latin America, including countries bereft of the persecution which exists in Honduras.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

We should be letting people in who pass a background check and pay their taxes and also have a refugee policy.  These artificial borders that don't respond to markets are a big problem.  Americans also need to be able to work outside of the USA without issues.  Costa Rica has plenty of migrants on the northern border here because Nicaragua closes their border to some migrants.  Trump and Daniel Ortega have quite a bit in common on immigration!

Posted Image

19 hours ago, youngrebelfan40 said:

It is also the way of the world.

Every industrialized country other than the U.S. enforces borders.

You don't have a country if you don't enforce its laws.  Have you decided you are an anarchist?

1 hour ago, Akkula said:

We should be letting people in who pass a background check and pay their taxes and also have a refugee policy.  These artificial borders that don't respond to markets are a big problem.  Americans also need to be able to work outside of the USA without issues.  Costa Rica has plenty of migrants on the northern border here because Nicaragua closes their border to some migrants.  Trump and Daniel Ortega have quite a bit in common on immigration!

Tell democrats to allow some immigration reform to pass and stop using the situation to gain votes in elections.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Tell democrats to allow some immigration reform to pass and stop using the situation to gain votes in elections.

What votes did Democrats gain or lose in the last election because of immigration?  OMG the CARAVAN!!!

Posted Image