sactowndog

Caravan stopped in its tracks?

On 11/9/2018 at 6:35 PM, sactowndog said:

No by Trump political operatives.  The timing of when it started and when it’s dispersing is too suspicious.   

Cheaper to pay a couple thousand Hondurans and leverage free press than buy advertising.  

For those who don’t think it was a false flag ...  do you want to provide an explanation why it arose suddenly when Republicans wanted to get out the vote and suddenly dispersed immediately once the election was over? 

Only Trumpers are dumb enough to believe this was real. 

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

For those who don’t think it was a false flag ...  do you want to provide an explanation why it arose suddenly when Republicans wanted to get out the vote and suddenly dispersed immediately once the election was over? 

I don’t buy the false flag narrative. These caravans from Central America have been happening every six months to a year for quite a while now. The timing worked out pretty well for Trumps fear machine. 

I think they are still on the way, but like all of the previous ones, people drop out along the way and they end up much smaller than they started.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

I don’t buy the false flag narrative. These caravans from Central America have been happening every six months to a year for quite a while now. The timing worked out pretty well for Trumps fear machine. 

I think they are still on the way, but like all of the previous ones, people drop out along the way and they end up much smaller than they started.

I think we need to dox Retro’s and your house and drop leaflets promising free room and board for the ones that manage to get through. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2018 at 10:07 PM, jackmormon said:

Yeah right and they all decide to take a vote and head to a standard crossing the day after an election.   Real believable. 

On 11/16/2018 at 12:24 AM, soupslam1 said:

I think we need to dox Retro’s and your house and drop leaflets promising free room and board for the ones that manage to get through. 😁

Using neonazi errrrr "alt right" tactics again? Unleash the troll army! 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/11/16/us/jewish-woman-court-fight-sue-neo-nazi-publisher/index.html

Posted Image

On 11/15/2018 at 7:34 PM, sactowndog said:

Are you referring to the “dispersed caravan” that just arrived in Tijuana?  

• Haha 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

On 11/15/2018 at 8:12 AM, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Don’t be ridiculous. They didn’t get here in time to vote. Mission failed. They get nothing. 

Doesn't mean that they didn't vote.  Where do you think that all the "provisional" votes are coming from?  It took a while to schlep them up here from Mexico.

On 11/15/2018 at 11:07 PM, jackmormon said:

I'd say that 3,000 is still pretty sizable...https://www.yahoo.com/news/migrants-streaming-tijuana-now-face-long-stay-050505086.html

And, yes, I realize that Yahoo is crap but it is an AP article.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nomascows said:

I'd say that 3,000 is still pretty sizable...https://www.yahoo.com/news/migrants-streaming-tijuana-now-face-long-stay-050505086.html

And, yes, I realize that Yahoo is crap but it is an AP article.

Looks like things are happening the way that they should be on the US side of things. But hey, I'm sure we really needed to waste $200M on a political stunt to deploy troops to the border.

U.S. border inspectors are processing only about 100 asylum claims a day at Tijuana's main crossing to San Diego, creating long waits. 

33 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Looks like things are happening the way that they should be on the US side of things. But hey, I'm sure we really needed to waste $200M on a political stunt to deploy troops to the border.

Another lie from you and Eric Swalwell. You're only off by 90 million or so. 

At the low end, the mission could cost $42 million, while the full 15,000 troops could run $110 million, according to the study.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/415039-trumps-use-of-troops-at-border-could-cost-42m-to-110m-study-shows

49 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Another lie from you and Eric Swalwell. You're only off by 90 million or so. 

At the low end, the mission could cost $42 million, while the full 15,000 troops could run $110 million, according to the study.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/415039-trumps-use-of-troops-at-border-could-cost-42m-to-110m-study-shows

1. Not a lie
  2. Who is Swalwell?

I said it based off of a WaPo article I read earlier in the month.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trumps-border-deployments-could-cost-200-million-by-year-end/2018/11/02/9798d7b6-deeb-11e8-aa33-53bad9a881e8_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.50e620915b79

That being said, I just read it again, and the $200M was including the already deployed National Guard, so my bad there.

So let me re-state. I'm sure we needed to waste $40-110M on a political stunt. 

3 minutes ago, retrofade said:
  1. Not a lie
  2. Who is Swalwell?

I said it based off of a WaPo article I read earlier in the month.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trumps-border-deployments-could-cost-200-million-by-year-end/2018/11/02/9798d7b6-deeb-11e8-aa33-53bad9a881e8_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.50e620915b79

That being said, I just read it again, and the $200M was including the already deployed National Guard, so my bad there.

So let me re-state. I'm sure we needed to waste $40-110M on a political stunt. 

Is that $40 - $110M cost or incremental cost?  We pay those guys regardless.

13 hours ago, nomascows said:

Is that $40 - $110M cost or incremental cost?  We pay those guys regardless.

My guess is it’s an incremental, and unnecessary cost IMO.  I don’t believe it to be necessary and do question it - in that regard I do agree it’s a political stunt.  That said, I still get a hearty laugh out of those who think this caravan is some false flag conspiracy orchestrated by the GOP that disbursed after the elections.  They’re either incredibly ill-informed or just blinded by their partisan goggles.

v0icAvfW.jpg

58 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

My guess is it’s an incremental, and unnecessary cost IMO.  I don’t believe it to be necessary and do question it - in that regard I do agree it’s a political stunt.  That said, I still get a hearty laugh out of those who think this caravan is some false flag conspiracy orchestrated by the GOP that disbursed after the elections.  They’re either incredibly ill-informed or just blinded by their partisan goggles.

The caravan has happened annually in recent years. This year it was focused upon by Trump first and then the media. As it does every year it dispersed as it moved north. This year there was apparently a conscious decision by a portion of the folks, beginning with the LBGT contingent, to head to TJ as opposed to other crossings. Last I read about 3000 had arrived in TJ and will either ask for asylum (there is a big labor shortage in TJ) or present themselves at one of the Port of Entries. I agree with you that  the idea that the GOP orchestrated this is ridiculous.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say