sactowndog

Caravan stopped in its tracks?

the administration said migrants will not be allowed to enter the U.S. illegally to file asylum claims, which is how the vast majority of roughly 150,000 Central American families and children entered the U.S. last fiscal year.

Instead, they will be required to enter through official ports of entry, like those near San Diego, Yuma and El Paso. By issuing the new directive, the President is creating a bottleneck by funneling tens of thousands of illegal immigrants to already overcrowded ports.

So these heartless bastards are telling these people to use the legal and official method of asylum entry instead of committing a crime?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

6 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

So these heartless bastards are telling these people to use the legal and official method of asylum entry instead of committing a crime?

There's a federal law that already says that you can apply for asylum if you enter illegally. Presumably it is because sometimes the country you're leaving will not grant you an exit visa (other countries have those) so you have to leave illegally anyway. In this case however I agree with you. Show up at the port of entry and ask. 

• Like 2

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

From the beginning, this caravan has been one of the biggest non-stories forced on the American people that I've ever witnessed. 

• Like 3

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

From the beginning, this caravan has been one of the biggest non-stories forced on the American people that I've ever witnessed. 

Just like the last one was. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

There's a federal law that already says that you can apply for asylum if you enter illegally. Presumably it is because sometimes the country you're leaving will not grant you an exit visa (other countries have those) so you have to leave illegally anyway. In this case however I agree with you. Show up at the port of entry and ask. 

I heard on NPR a short time ago that the caravan had held a vote and decided to head for the Tijuana Port of Entry. Apparently their assessment of the safest route loomed large. No doubt many will go elsewhere, or not make it to the border at all, but I suspect the POE crossings between SD and TJ will have a surge. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

41 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I heard on NPR a short time ago that the caravan had held a vote and decided to head for the Tijuana Port of Entry. Apparently their assessment of the safest route loomed large. No doubt many will go elsewhere, or not make it to the border at all, but I suspect the POE crossings between SD and TJ will have a surge. 

I wonder if those Dre’s Mom Spa billboards along the road had anything to do with this ..?

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrant-caravan-faces-border-bottleneck-as-trump-administration-tightens-asylum-rules

Now that the election is over and Trumps get out the racist vote drive is over, it seems the caravan is losing steam.  Obvious false flag. 

False flag?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

A false flag is a covert operation designed to deceive; the deception creates the appearance of a particular party, group, or nation being responsible for some activity, disguising the actual source of responsibility. Wikipedia

You think the caravan was orchestrated by the American government?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You think the caravan was orchestrated by the American government?

No by Trump political operatives.  The timing of when it started and when it’s dispersing is too suspicious.   

Cheaper to pay a couple thousand Hondurans and leverage free press than buy advertising.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

23 hours ago, happycamper said:

But when a country, such as Mexico, offers you asylum and you refuse it, are you really an asylum seeker?

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 8:08 AM, sactowndog said:

Query. Would the fake president stop watching Fox & Friends if the three hosts' IQ was elevated to being close to that of the field reporters?

Boom goes the dynamite.