Jackrabbit

Ginsburg Falls at Work

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Yikes.  She might not last much longer.

She's 85.  Looks very frail.

She’s broken ribs before and recovered, but she’s also older and fading fast. I could never hope someone dies over political shit, no matter the stakes. If we don’t have decency towards each other when it comes to life, then we’re done as a great country. Now if she wants to retire, I’ll be happy to give her a ride home! 🤠👍

• Like 5

kat.jpg

I can see Democrats following her around with a defribillater for the rest of the Trump presidency through 2024.

If Ginsburg assumes room temperature and Trump gets to nominate her replacement the shit show the Democrats would raise would make the Kavanaugh debacle tame in comparison. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

I can see Democrats following her around with a defribillater for the rest of the Trump presidency through 2024.

If Ginsburg assumes room temperature and Trump gets to nominate her replacement the shit show the Democrats would raise would make the Kavanaugh debacle tame in comparison. 

What's a defribillater?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

Comeon guys, rooting for the Reaper?  Really?

Not cool, and bad juju.

That’s the sick place we’re at as a society. 

• Like 1

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, bornontheblue said:

Stephen Breyer is also 80, he will be retiring withing a few years I imagine.  

But Dems have less leverage in protesting another SC Nominee.  Unless they can find something tangible, their not going to be able to do much.  And just crying Roe v Wade isn't tangible. 

So what a conservative court really means is that Democrats can't rely on the courts to make their legislation for them.  Dems will have to do it the old fashioned way and make laws! 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Stephen Breyer is also 80, he will be retiring withing a few years I imagine.  

But Dems have less leverage in protesting another SC Nominee.  Unless they can find something tangible, their not going to be able to do much.  And just crying Roe v Wade isn't tangible. 

So what a conservative court really means is that Democrats can't rely on the courts to make their legislation for them.  Dems will have to do it the old fashioned way and make laws! 

Trump did his job by preventing Clinton from gaining power and getting us two solid SCOTUS justices.  One more would be icing on the cake.  Two more is almost too much to hope for.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Guest #1Stunner
3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't get the SCOTUS obsession. It's just one branch of government. They've only had a handful of rulings in our entire history that have truly altered our society.

Here is a current example with the SCOTUS could have a big influence.

Can President Trump get rid of DACA or not?

12 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I don't get the SCOTUS obsession. It's just one branch of government. They've only had a handful of rulings in our entire history that have truly altered our society.

It's not just the SCOTUS.  The lower court appointments are more important

The World Needs More Cowboys!

23 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Here is a current example with the SCOTUS could have a big influence.

Can President Trump get rid of DACA or not?

In the grand scheme of things, the DACA ruling is a blip. It's not nation/cultural altering. I'm talking Marbury v Madison, Dredd Scott, Brown v Board of Ed, Roe v Wade, etc. SCOUTS can have a huge impact on our nation, but it is very rare when it does. It just seems to garner outsized attention for the impact it actually has.

16 minutes ago, pokebball said:

It's not just the SCOTUS.  The lower court appointments are more important

Probably more important, but the focus always seems to be on SCOTUS. It's like how people value Fed elections over locals.