renoskier

Speed freak: Antonio Brown

10 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's wild! The fastest I've driven on a public road was 175 mph, but that was on the German autobahn coming back from Prague B) 

8 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

That's wild! The fastest I've driven on a public road was 175 mph, but that was on the German autobahn coming back from Prague B) 

That's pretty fu/cking cool!

Nice, wide lanes out there, eh?

Car?

New-Signature.jpg

9 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Years ago when my mom and dad went to visit my sister in Germany, they were on the autobahn and my mom asked my brother in law to slow down so she could see the countryside. He said 'if I slow down, we'll die', lol. Said they really don't have many accidents, even at those speeds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Years ago when my mom and dad went to visit my sister in Germany, they were on the autobahn and my mom asked my brother in law to slow down so she could see the countryside. He said 'if I slow down, we'll die', lol. Said they really don't have many accidents, even at those speeds.

The culture and mindset towards driving there is so different, they definitely don't see a driver's license as a "right". Nobody drives in the passing lane unless they need to, nobody gets their phone out - even at red lights, and the seat belts aren't "uncool" - even with younger people.

One time I was getting picked up from the airport by a private taxi service. I sat down in the back seat and started powering my phone back on, but I noticed the driver sat there for maybe 3 minutes without moving and not saying a word :foottap:. I then realized I didn't buckle my seat belt yet and once he heard that *click* he sped off down the road like it was the final lap of the Daytona 500 :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

It sounds like a delightful drive...

I plan to make it someday...

• Like 1

New-Signature.jpg