BSUTOP25

Your Ideal Political Party ... As Our Society Bows Down and Worships Parties

So let's do a little exercise -- please provide a list of 5 or more bullet points outlining the issues most important to you that would become the pillars for your ideal political party that you could create from scratch and shape how you want. I know this OT Board struggles mightily with instructions so I'll repeat -- type out 5 or more bullet points describing the issues you would love to see this theoretical party address. I'll start with these: 

• Strict adherence to INDIVIDUAL liberties as clearly specified in the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution, that is the first 10 amendments for you radical authoritarians who are either unfamiliar with or vehemently opposed to the highest law of the land  
  • Honor and respect for separation of powers, between the federal branches of the government as well as the individual states 
  • A non-aggression defense policy that protects the nation from foreign threats -- which includes a best-in-class nuclear arsenal for such purposes 
  • A hybrid healthcare system that maintains a primarily private ecosystem but also has a strong safety net to provide care to individuals and households with lower or no incomes, disabilities, catastrophic disease, or require assisted living services -- Obama's ACA started us down this path and now it just needs to be fine tuned 
  • Robust resourcing for infrastructure, including roads and bridges, utilities, and cutting-edge communication networks   
  • Educational and research funding to promote and foster adequate growth and resourcing for the most pressing needs of the country, such as technology, healthcare, engineering, agriculture, and energy exploration and/or production
  • An efficient, easy, and fair immigration system that rewards good behavior and adherence to the process -- the country desperately needs immigration for labor-intensive occupations and decent people shouldn't have to wait 10 years to receive a visa to enter the country 
  • An environmental policy that ensures clean air, water, and soil to sustain our population and protect our nature while providing grant incentives for private industry to come up with innovative viable solutions to reduce waste, pollution, and inefficient use of our limited natural resources  

Your turn.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Three Parties

1. The old New Deal-Great Society Democratic Party which was destroyed by the Clintons but still is about 40% of the Democratic base and about a third of independents (The FDR-LBJ Party)
  2. A merging of what's left of the moderate wing of the Republicans (Kasich/Sandoval and about four or five other guys) with the Clinton centrists.  It would be pro-corporate, pro-big business and free trade, globalist internationally but moderate to liberal on social issues.  The suburban Rockefeller Republicans can go back to actually identifying as Republicans again.(The Rockefeller-Clinton Party)
  3. The John Birch/Evangelical Trump Republican Party (The Falwell-Trump Party)

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 minute ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Three Parties

1. The old FDR/New Deal Democratic Party which was destroyed by the Clintons but still is about 40% of the Democratic base and about a third of independents
  2. A merging of what's left of the moderate wing of the Republicans (Kasich/Sandoval and about four or five other guys) with the Clinton centrists.  It would be pro-corporate, pro-big business and free trade, globalist internationally but moderate to liberal on social issues.  The suburban Rockefeller Republicans can go back to actually identifying as Republicans again.
  3. The John Birch/Evangelical Trump Republican Party

So can you provide 5 bullet points with current issues you'd like to see your hypothetical dream party focus on? Looks like you touched on it with #2 in your post but would be interested if you could expand a bit more. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

A Theocratic Democracy.

Like they have in Iran, Utah, and Idaho Falls.

Sigh ... can you at least attempt to be serious for a minute and contribute to the conversation Stunns? 

I don't really like political parties because I like pragmaticism over ideology when we talk about most practical problems.  I think the best thing we could do as a country is to undermine the 2 party system at every opportunity.  Political parties are really only useful for down ballot where you don't have time to research every person so you can get an idea where they stand based on party affiliation.

• Like 1
Posted Image

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So you're saying @Akkula, @Boise fan, @RoscoesDad, and I should take long showers together? 

This is why stay away from the non sports stuff.  But honestly you should be able to do what ever you like as long as it doesn’t infringe on me.  Your sexual preference is your deal.  I am glad you feel comfortable enough about yourself to be yourself around us here.  

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

So let's do a little exercise -- please provide a list of 5 or more bullet points outlining the issues most important to you that would become the pillars for your ideal political party that you could create from scratch and shape how you want. I know this OT Board struggles mightily with instructions so I'll repeat -- type out 5 or more bullet points describing the issues you would love to see this theoretical party address. I'll start with these: 

• Strict adherence to INDIVIDUAL liberties as clearly specified in the Bill of Rights of the United States Constitution, that is the first 10 amendments for you radical authoritarians who are either unfamiliar with or vehemently opposed to the highest law of the land  
  • Honor and respect for separation of powers, between the federal branches of the government as well as the individual states 
  • A non-aggression defense policy that protects the nation from foreign threats -- which includes a best-in-class nuclear arsenal for such purposes 
  • A hybrid healthcare system that maintains a primarily private ecosystem but also has a strong safety net to provide care to individuals and households with lower or no incomes, disabilities, catastrophic disease, or require assisted living services -- Obama's ACA started us down this path and now it just needs to be fine tuned 
  • Robust resourcing for infrastructure, including roads and bridges, utilities, and cutting-edge communication networks   
  • Educational and research funding to promote and foster adequate growth and resourcing for the most pressing needs of the country, such as technology, healthcare, engineering, agriculture, and energy exploration and/or production
  • An efficient, easy, and fair immigration system that rewards good behavior and adherence to the process -- the country desperately needs immigration for labor-intensive occupations and decent people shouldn't have to wait 10 years to receive a visa to enter the country 
  • An environmental policy that ensures clean air, water, and soil to sustain our population and protect our nature while providing grant incentives for private industry to come up with innovative viable solutions to reduce waste, pollution, and inefficient use of our limited natural resources  

Your turn.

Everyone agrees with bullet points because they sound nice without defining what exactly they mean.  The devil is always in the details.  

8 minutes ago, easybronc said:

Everyone agrees with bullet points because they sound nice without defining what exactly they mean.  The devil is always in the details.  

Not everyone agrees, especially with the first one.

• Like 1

• The primary economic philosophy of the party is long term, sustainable economic growth. That means heavy investment in infrastructure, R&D, and basic research. We don't know what basic research will result in economic booms, so we'll fund everything more or less equally.
  • The education policy is get the education you need to both think and do a job. I recommend creating a commission that works with local community colleges and businesses, creating a combined associates/trademsan's degree and apprenticeship that is tailored to each area. There are a LOT of clerical jobs that do not really need a bachelor's but are filled by people who have them because we don't have cheaper programs like this. 
  • For healthcare, my party recommends looking at Germany's system, but obviously with a far higher proportion of private insurance to public. Create a basic public level insurance that everyone pays in to; it will likely be crappier than the typical plan offered by work, so people who get work insurance will keep that. Encourage policies like tax free savings for HSA programs, large companies running their own zero fee in-house clinics, small changes that can shave off cost here and there.
  • The military policy is to start pouring a lot of the R&D we are putting into military to space. Space exploration, space resource extraction, space force - space. Space had better stock up on graphite because we're hitting that hole dry. You better believe that we're going to fund a space station that has a rotating section. Right now it is 1450 and I want the US to be Spain or Portugal, not the HRE. 
  • Our social spending will be tied in to jobs and research programs. In addition to small safety nets, we're going to look at research that targets areas where people's lives can be measurably improved. Lots of funds directed towards basic biology research, genetic therapy, that kind of thing. Back up the Brink's truck to Iowa State, etc and perform massive scale research projects on hydroponics. Not just how to increase yields, but what strains are most tasty and nutritious as well. 
  • Our party supports an amendment making any recreational drug legalized and regulated by a state to be treated the same way we treat alcohol. Call it Amendment 21-B. 
  • Our party supports state level initiatives. We'll keep federal agencies that perform many of the things we wish to be moved to the state level, but it will be more of an advisory/coordination/institutional knowledge role than an administrative role. This also helps individual states keep tax dollars at home. If the program administrators are at the state level then the administrators live and work in that state instead of Washington. 
  • Our party supports introducing Siberian tigers, leopards, bengal tigers, hippopotamuses, elephants, and lions into our various national parks under appropriate climactic circumstances. The pleistocene megafauna extinction left a hole in our ecology and this will help it recover. Also that way it will be easier to go on a hike that isn't full of tourists. 
  • Like 3

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, easybronc said:

The devil is always in the details.  

1 hour ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Not everyone agrees, especially with the first one.

So machine guns are legal to purchase again and I can buy rocket-propelled grenades at Walmart?  Or would you not strictly adhere to the 2nd amendment?