mugtang

Anybody have a medical background here?

2 hours ago, Rocket said:

Now I know why you were being a big baby. :) Didn't know you were having the surgery. Good for you, are you losing lots of weight?

I had surgery last December.  I’ve lost over 100 pounds since September 2017. 

• Like 3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 hours ago, crixus said:

I was a reserve Firefighter/EMT for many years, but we never studied vitamin levels. Sorry I can't help ya' bro. Hopefully there's a Paramedic or Doctor on the board.

How long ago did you do that? I'm stating EMT training next month...not so much to be a paramedic, but so that I can be more use on scene since we get so many medical calls. As for you Mug, vitamin B is used for transplanting trees and shrubs.....I'd stop gardening at once. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mugtang said:

I have a question about elevated vitamin B12 levels.

B12 is a water soluble vtamin so generally elevated levels aren't clinically important because its's excreted readily assuming your kidneys work well. Likely it's from your supplements. Talk to your doc and he/she will likely take you off supplements for a while. 

6 hours ago, Slapdad said:

How long ago did you do that? I'm stating EMT training next month...not so much to be a paramedic, but so that I can be more use on scene since we get so many medical calls. As for you Mug, vitamin B is used for transplanting trees and shrubs.....I'd stop gardening at once. 

I quit being a reserve Firefighter/EMT back in July of 2004. I worked two jobs for more than six years and just couldn't physically do it anymore and that's why I stopped. The Department I worked for was run by the Water District, not the city. And the only full time employees were the Fire Chief and the Engineers. All the Firefighters/EMT's were what's officially known as paid call Firefighters where we were only paid for 24 hours per week. If you worked anymore than that it was on a volunteer basis. I worked weekends, 12 hours a day for 24 hours a week on top of my 40 hour regular job. They have since contracted with County Fire service and all the Firefighters/EMT are now full time employees.

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

I had surgery last December.  I’ve lost over 100 pounds since September 2017. 

Congratulations on losing the weight mug. That's impressive! :rock:

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

Welfare check on @mugtang, you still with us buddy?

Nope. Died last night.  Self diagnosed with cancer, liver failure, kidney stones and Ebola.  It was a rough death. 

• Sad 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

Nope. Died last night.  Self diagnosed with cancer, liver failure, kidney stones and Ebola.  It was a rough death. 

you and my wife. that woman was bad enough with webMD before our kid was born. now it's out of control.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, smltwnrckr said:

you and my wife. that woman was bad enough with webMD before our kid was born. now it's out of control.

Sometimes the internet is bad for your health.