Aslowhiteguy

Jordan Caroline

19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It took him 15 minutes to record his first double, double of the season. 

I'm not sure if I've seen anyone get a DD that quickly. 

We are 26-2 when JC scores a DD.

He was a man amongst... well, really old players last night. He was unstoppable. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t take much from the BYU win. They have only two experienced decent players in old man Haws and Childs who sat half the game. They also played four kids from Idaho which isn’t exactly a hot bed of high school basketball. 

It will be a top 75 win, possibly top 50. Mark it down. BYU is... well, Boise in basketball. 

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t take much from the BYU win. They have only two experienced decent players in old man Haws and Childs who sat half the game. They also played four kids from Idaho which isn’t exactly a hot bed of high school basketball. 

Best player on their team last night was Hardnett. The Nevada guards couldn't stay in front of him. BYU is pretty decent. Childs is crafty good but couldn't stay with Martin defensively. Caroline is going to have a lot of double doubles this year with Porter in there. He scored 6 and had 2 blocks in the first 2 minutes. Once they keyed on Porter, Caroline could not be stopped.

1 hour ago, broncos345 said:

Nevada should move up to 5 or 6 next week in rankings

I'm thinking the same. I don't want us looking past Pacific though, and being that one national shock loss, but after Kentucky got sexually assaulted by Duke that should put them below us by a few.

3 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I'd say based on the way Duke dismantled Kentucky. 

This got me curious to look at your OOC to see if there are high profile opponents.  Here are Nevada's 12 games before conference - BYU, Pacific, Little Rock, Cal Baptist, Tulsa, Loyola, USC, ASU, Grand Canyon, SD State, Akron, and Utah.  GCU opened with a loss to SDSU.  Cal Baptist was hammered.  3 P12 schools is good.  It's too bad you couldn't get a top 10 or 15 matchup, but still not a bad OOC at all.

1 hour ago, alum93 said:

This got me curious to look at your OOC to see if there are high profile opponents.  Here are Nevada's 12 games before conference - BYU, Pacific, Little Rock, Cal Baptist, Tulsa, Loyola, USC, ASU, Grand Canyon, SD State, Akron, and Utah.  GCU opened with a loss to SDSU.  Cal Baptist was hammered.  3 P12 schools is good.  It's too bad you couldn't get a top 10 or 15 matchup, but still not a bad OOC at all.

If we could add one more high profile mid major game a year in OOC like gonz., butler, Wichita state, or villanova etc... that would be a huge boost, as I suspect unless we get to multiple sweet 16's or better in a certain time frame, the top 15 majors/teams won't ever play us (Duke, NC, Kansas etc...) Although we did play NC in 09 and lost 80-73 when they were ranked 11. But other than that no top 15 games. RPI top 15 is a higher possibility, which I know is what you were saying.

1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

If we could add one more high profile mid major game a year in OOC like gonz., butler, Wichita state, or villanova etc... that would be a huge boost, as I suspect unless we get to multiple sweet 16's or better in a certain time frame, the top 15 majors/teams won't ever play us (Duke, NC, Kansas etc...) Although we did play NC in 09 and lost 80-73 when they were ranked 11. But other than that no top 15 games. RPI top 15 is a higher possibility, which I know is what you were saying.

We played Kansas three years in a row from 2003-2005 and beat them twice. It helps when Reno can offer a major program a blue-chip recruit, which is what spurred the 2-for-1 with the Jayhawks.

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

We played Kansas three years in a row from 2003-2005 and beat them twice. It helps when Reno can offer a major program a blue-chip recruit, which is what spurred the 2-for-1 with the Jayhawks.

NMSU gets Kansas on Dec. 8th.  ESPN gives us 8.3% chance.  So you're saying there's a chance.  Yeah!   From an all time classic.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=401083551