Jump to content
Aslowhiteguy

Jordan Caroline

Recommended Posts

It took him 15 minutes to record his first double, double of the season. 

I'm not sure if I've seen anyone get a DD that quickly. 

We are 26-2 when JC scores a DD.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

It took him 15 minutes to record his first double, double of the season. 

I'm not sure if I've seen anyone get a DD that quickly. 

We are 26-2 when JC scores a DD.

He was a man amongst... well, really old players last night. He was unstoppable. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NevadaFan said:

He was a man amongst... well, really old players last night. He was unstoppable. 

They have a guard who looks to be getting close to retirement age. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

They have a guard who looks to be getting close to retirement age. 

BYUs balding guard Haws looks like a 35 or 40 year old man. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t take much from the BYU win. They have only two experienced decent players in old man Haws and Childs who sat half the game. They also played four kids from Idaho which isn’t exactly a hot bed of high school basketball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t take much from the BYU win. They have only two experienced decent players in old man Haws and Childs who sat half the game. They also played four kids from Idaho which isn’t exactly a hot bed of high school basketball. 

It will be a top 75 win, possibly top 50. Mark it down. BYU is... well, Boise in basketball. 

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

It will be a top 75 win, possibly top 50. Mark it down. BYU is... well, Boise in basketball. 

Maybe in the past. If you are looking at this year, you will be wrong on both counts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

I wouldn’t take much from the BYU win. They have only two experienced decent players in old man Haws and Childs who sat half the game. They also played four kids from Idaho which isn’t exactly a hot bed of high school basketball. 

Best player on their team last night was Hardnett. The Nevada guards couldn't stay in front of him. BYU is pretty decent. Childs is crafty good but couldn't stay with Martin defensively. Caroline is going to have a lot of double doubles this year with Porter in there. He scored 6 and had 2 blocks in the first 2 minutes. Once they keyed on Porter, Caroline could not be stopped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, broncos345 said:

Nevada should move up to 5 or 6 next week in rankings

I'm thinking the same. I don't want us looking past Pacific though, and being that one national shock loss, but after Kentucky got sexually assaulted by Duke that should put them below us by a few.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

Maybe in the past. If you are looking at this year, you will be wrong on both counts. 

BYU plays a system that fits its players well. We shall see. BYU has to weather the first 9 games for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caroline is my favorite player of all time. I hope he makes it the NBA, he isn't your typical prospect, but he would be a great addition to any team.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, broncos345 said:

Nevada should move up to 5 or 6 next week in rankings

Based on beating BYU and Pacific?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, alum93 said:

Based on beating BYU and Pacific?

I'd say based on the way Duke dismantled Kentucky. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bigd said:

Caroline is my favorite player of all time. I hope he makes it the NBA, he isn't your typical prospect, but he would be a great addition to any team.

you can't teach heart!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NVBlueNeck said:

I'd say based on the way Duke dismantled Kentucky. 

This got me curious to look at your OOC to see if there are high profile opponents.  Here are Nevada's 12 games before conference - BYU, Pacific, Little Rock, Cal Baptist, Tulsa, Loyola, USC, ASU, Grand Canyon, SD State, Akron, and Utah.  GCU opened with a loss to SDSU.  Cal Baptist was hammered.  3 P12 schools is good.  It's too bad you couldn't get a top 10 or 15 matchup, but still not a bad OOC at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alum93 said:

This got me curious to look at your OOC to see if there are high profile opponents.  Here are Nevada's 12 games before conference - BYU, Pacific, Little Rock, Cal Baptist, Tulsa, Loyola, USC, ASU, Grand Canyon, SD State, Akron, and Utah.  GCU opened with a loss to SDSU.  Cal Baptist was hammered.  3 P12 schools is good.  It's too bad you couldn't get a top 10 or 15 matchup, but still not a bad OOC at all.

If we could add one more high profile mid major game a year in OOC like gonz., butler, Wichita state, or villanova etc... that would be a huge boost, as I suspect unless we get to multiple sweet 16's or better in a certain time frame, the top 15 majors/teams won't ever play us (Duke, NC, Kansas etc...) Although we did play NC in 09 and lost 80-73 when they were ranked 11. But other than that no top 15 games. RPI top 15 is a higher possibility, which I know is what you were saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NVBlueNeck said:

If we could add one more high profile mid major game a year in OOC like gonz., butler, Wichita state, or villanova etc... that would be a huge boost, as I suspect unless we get to multiple sweet 16's or better in a certain time frame, the top 15 majors/teams won't ever play us (Duke, NC, Kansas etc...) Although we did play NC in 09 and lost 80-73 when they were ranked 11. But other than that no top 15 games. RPI top 15 is a higher possibility, which I know is what you were saying.

We played Kansas three years in a row from 2003-2005 and beat them twice. It helps when Reno can offer a major program a blue-chip recruit, which is what spurred the 2-for-1 with the Jayhawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×