Uncle J

What Happened To Wyoming Tonight

I had the game streaming on a secondary screen tonight. I wanted to check out other conference teams to see how we, as a MWC collective, will do this season. I always cheer for MWC teams in out of conference games, it obviously changes when conference play begins, however I would have thought that UCSB at home would be an easy win. Wyoming fans this is not intended as a flame, Is this what we can expect from you this season? I am super concerned about us, Vegas, this season and am really starting to think about what our conference rpi will look like this year. Nevada is the class of the league, physically hurts me to type, but if they stumble, they are tied at half time with BYU, once or twice are we a 1 bid league? I hope Wyoming is better than this, its always a better conference when you are.

6 minutes ago, Uncle J said:

I had the game streaming on a secondary screen tonight. I wanted to check out other conference teams to see how we, as a MWC collective, will do this season. I always cheer for MWC teams in out of conference games, it obviously changes when conference play begins, however I would have thought that UCSB at home would be an easy win. Wyoming fans this is not intended as a flame, Is this what we can expect from you this season? I am super concerned about us, Vegas, this season and am really starting to think about what our conference rpi will look like this year. Nevada is the class of the league, physically hurts me to type, but if they stumble, they are tied at half time with BYU, once or twice are we a 1 bid league? I hope Wyoming is better than this, its always a better conference when you are.

1. Yup.

2. Nope.

That was textbook Edwards.

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

UCSB has 3 4* (VC 1 4*, 2 3.7*) players (transfers) and quite a 3 star players. I think they will be good. None of the kids that looked good in the exhibition played. I think for how crappy they shot, they looked tough. Naughton hurt doesn't help. Edwards needs to play some of the kids that looked good in scrimmage games. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed listening to the Wyoming broadcasters and they were spot on - "right around the 8:00 mark if you're not used to the elevation here, it hits your legs hard.  Not slowly, but all at once."  Both halves Wyoming made a push around that time.

18 turnovers is way too high.  Credit to the Pokes, they did well in drawing charges. 

I was surprised Wyoming only played 7 for most of the game, even with Jordan Naughton out.  

On the flip side, I hoped Coach Pasternack would play everyone to lessen the effects of the high elevation.  I certainly did not expect him to.  Our depth won out.

5 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

PS: you're welcome, CSU.  I know you had a rough Border War month. 

The Bronze Boot is a fantastic trophy and it hurts to have it residing in Laramie for another year.

But the CSU Volleyball team is in position to win yet another MWC Campionship and their 20-somethingth consecutive NCAA Tournament bid after drubbing WYO.  

WYO fan is great at communicating their winning battles but not real great about communicating all the wars they have lost.  A successful season to them is beating CSU, hence they have fewer MWC Championships than San Jose State.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

The Bronze Boot is a fantastic trophy and it hurts to have it residing in Laramie for another year.

But the CSU Volleyball team is in position to win yet another MWC Campionship and their 20-somethingth consecutive NCAA Tournament bid after drubbing WYO.  

WYO fan is great at communicating their winning battles but not real great about communicating all the wars they have lost.  A successful season to them is beating CSU, hence they have fewer MWC Championships than San Jose State.

When you put it way, I can see the whole picture.  

7 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Is this the trophy for the CSU v Wyo basketball rivalry?

Image result for bronze baby shoes

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

funny-t-shirt-wyoming-who-cares-xl.jpg

In Laramie for the first game of the season. An entirely new starting lineup, the leading scorer held out because of concussion protocol. UCSB still wins by 10.

What elevation?  

2 hours ago, Bob said:

What do you guys measure a good season on? Certainly not championships. You guys haven't won anything since 2002? or was it 2003?

Bob, did you get kicked in the head by the Boot?  Swoll's OP mentioned that San Jose has won more conference championships than Wyoming's 3.  Meanwhile CSU is pushing 50 MWC championships.  Congrats on the Boot and women's swimming, you beat CSU and won your "championships."

5 minutes ago, FoCoRam said:

Bob, did you get kicked in the head by the Boot?  Swoll's OP mentioned that San Jose has won more conference championships than Wyoming's 3.  Meanwhile CSU is pushing 50 MWC championships.  Congrats on the Boot and women's swimming, you beat CSU and won your "championships."

Every football game we play is our superbowl.  The border war isn't anything special.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

It looks like James had a good game, but didn’t get much support. Didn’t Wyo graduate several good bigs from last year? 

Yeah, they lost most of their contributors outside of James. I don't think anyone outside of wyofan is expecting a ton out of them this year. James should have a good year, though.