toonkee

Where my Lobos at? CSUN vs. UNM

1 hour ago, LoboMan59 said:

Lobos showing NO inside game. Cold from outside and CSUN taking advantage Inside on a taller Lobo team.

Same thing I said, the Lobos have more height this year but are settling for a ton of 3's.  Hope Pinchuk can get better inside.

• Like 1

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Just now, Hoser said:

Same thing I said, the Lobos have more height this year but are settling for a ton of 3's.  Hope Pinchuk can get better inside.

Agreed! Pinchuk needs to see red and just drive to the basket when he gets it inside! Frustrating to see him flub it and get the ball stripped away, or he gives it up with a turnover... attack the basket son!!!

• Like 1

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

UNM desperately needs to get Bragg eligible and hope he produces. We're going to get killed in the post if Pinchuck is anymore than a bit player. With Lyle out, we need a PG. Mathis needs to be a spot up shooter, not a 1. Drue Drinon is going to need to get healthy and grow up fast to play that point. Lastly, Weir is going to have to really rein in Vance Jackson. Kid was out of control tonight. A win is a win, but UNM has a ton of work to do. 

I’m not even thinking about Bragg on the team until December. NCAA won’t rule on him, as we’re only a G5 program. He’s illegible in December. We just gotta wait til then.  

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

34 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I’m not even thinking about Bragg on the team until December. NCAA won’t rule on him, as we’re only a G5 program. He’s illegible in December. We just gotta wait til then.  

I guess that makes us a p6 program then, since the NCAA granted Jaquori McLaughlin's waiver request to play right away despite transferring midway through last season.

Screenshot_20181107-064623_Chrome.jpg

45 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

I guess that makes us a p6 program then, since the NCAA granted Jaquori McLaughlin's waiver request to play right away despite transferring midway through last season.

Screenshot_20181107-064623_Chrome.jpg

I guess you guys are in good standing with the ncaa then, lol.We've been waiting for months to find out if they'll give us a ruling on him. Latest remarks about Bragg below...

https://www.kob.com/sports/weir-details-complications-with-braggs-waiver/5121160/

From a different article...

BRAGG UPDATE: Carlton Bragg, the former Kansas Jayhawks player who transferred to UNM in January last fall from Arizona State, is still enrolled at UNM, still using one of the basketball program’s 13 available scholarships and still practicing daily with the Lobos.

***He just still hasn’t cleared Weir’s requirements to be added to the team’s online roster nor has the NCAA ruled on whether he can play at the beginning of the season (Nov. 6 is the season opener at Cal-State Northridge) or Dec. 16 at home against Central Arkansas, the first game after fall semester grades are posted."

*** Bragg has met Weir's requirements, and he did travel with the team for the CSUN game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

I guess you guys are in good standing with the ncaa then, lol.We've been waiting for months to find out if they'll give us a ruling on him. Latest remarks about Bragg below...

https://www.kob.com/sports/weir-details-complications-with-braggs-waiver/5121160/

From a different article...

BRAGG UPDATE: Carlton Bragg, the former Kansas Jayhawks player who transferred to UNM in January last fall from Arizona State, is still enrolled at UNM, still using one of the basketball program’s 13 available scholarships and still practicing daily with the Lobos.

***He just still hasn’t cleared Weir’s requirements to be added to the team’s online roster nor has the NCAA ruled on whether he can play at the beginning of the season (Nov. 6 is the season opener at Cal-State Northridge) or Dec. 16 at home against Central Arkansas, the first game after fall semester grades are posted."

*** Bragg has met Weir's requirements, and he did travel with the team for the CSUN game.

So Bragg did not appear in one game while at ASU, he's fulfilled all other requirements, yet he wasn't cleared for the season opener.  NCAA logic for ya.

• Like 1

This won't be the last time Northridge is mentioned here this season.  CSUN is an honorary WCC member for 2018-2019. Up next is @ Pepperdine, @ LMU and vs Portland. Later on they travel to USD and host Pacific. It's the middle and cellar dweller WCC teams, so three wins might be doable.

@SleepingGiantsFan, I might check them out December 9th when they hit up the Jenny Craig arena.  They also have a game at Viejas NYD.

3 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

So Bragg did not appear in one game while at ASU, he's fulfilled all other requirements, yet he wasn't cleared for the season opener.  NCAA logic for ya.

Update on Bragg per Geoff Graham of the abq journal...

University of New Mexico junior Carlton Bragg, left, sits on the bench before Tuesday's game and shakes hands with CSU-Northridge's mascot, Matti the Matador, while his Lobo teammates warm up. UNM athletic trainer Corey DeBarbrie is in the middle. The NCAA ruled Tuesday Bragg can not return to the court early before his Dec. 16 eligibility date, but UNM will appeal the decision. (Geoff Grammer/Albuquerque Journal)

60F7BADB-D9B0-4AB2-B6D0-9DB1DC900772.jpeg

13 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Update on Bragg per Geoff Graham of the abq journal...

University of New Mexico junior Carlton Bragg, left, sits on the bench before Tuesday's game and shakes hands with CSU-Northridge's mascot, Matti the Matador, while his Lobo teammates warm up. UNM athletic trainer Corey DeBarbrie is in the middle. The NCAA ruled Tuesday Bragg can not return to the court early before his Dec. 16 eligibility date, but UNM will appeal the decision. (Geoff Grammer/Albuquerque Journal)

60F7BADB-D9B0-4AB2-B6D0-9DB1DC900772.jpeg

NCAA logic.  I don't get it

Jackie-Chan-Meme-500x2801-620x350.jpg