toonkee

Where my Lobos at? CSUN vs. UNM

Mark Gottfried, Jim Harrick - CSUN upgraded their coaching staff big time.  I still expect the Lobos to take this, but Northridge should rack up a few more wins ooc.

CSUF almost took down ASU, losing 102-99 in double OT. Lobo fans remember the Titans for sure!

• Sad 1

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

frantic pace to the game so far. Runnin and gunnin in the 2nd half as well! Lobos up 53-50.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

I’m impressed with CSUN. These guys are scrappy and can ball! Doesn’t help that the Lobos are very sloppy so far. Matadors hanging with Los Lobos! 

• Like 1

Lobos could very easily lose this game! They’re being very sloppy right now, and CSUN just slammed it down twice on the Lobos. 

69-68 Lobos. 

Lobos showing NO inside game. Cold from outside and CSUN taking advantage Inside on a taller Lobo team.

Lobos with sloppy play,  blow a 5 pt lead and let’s CSUN battle back to tie it at 84, then Mathis comes down and banks a 3 in with .03 left in the game... Lobos escape with a win, 87-84! CSUN our rebounds a taller lobos team too... embarrassing.

Free throws bail the lobos out in this one.

2 minutes ago, LoboMan59 said:

Lobos with sloppy play,  blow a 5 pt lead and let’s CSUN battle back to tie it at 84, then Mathis comes down and banks a 3 in with .03 left in the game... Lobos escape with a win, 87-84! CSUN our rebounds a taller lobos team too... embarrassing.

Free throws bail the lobos out in this one.

4 new starters, we're going to have growing pains as chemistry builds.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sebasour said:

I'm still furious at Weir for scheduling this game, especially as a season opener.

I'm with you. It was a lose-lose situation. This would have been a dreadful loss come March. Thankfully they survived, but would've been smarter to stay home for the opener.

• Like 1

Going into today I would've gladly taken a 1-1 split vs the Mountain West.  But now I'm disappointed.  CSUN had an opportunity and didn't finish it off.

• Like 2

The Lobos looked like ass tonight!. Now, with that being said, and finally seeing all the new kids play, if they can get their **** together, they will be the class of the conference hands down. This is a very long and immensely athletic team. With Drinnon and Bragg in the mix, this could be something to see this year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jdgaucho said:

Going into today I would've gladly taken a 1-1 split vs the Mountain West.  But now I'm disappointed.  CSUN had an opportunity and didn't finish it off.

An escape is truly what we had. Impressed as all get out with csun, and especially the kid with the head band... he was the best player on the court tonight by far!