UNLV2001

UNLV at SDSU

So if I follow this correctly if there is a 3 way tie assuming SUDS somehow wins next week. Nevada Suds and Fresno could all have 2 loses. Head to head would result in a tie (Fresno beat Nevada who beat Suds who hypothetically beat Fresno). So tie breaker #2 division win %. Suds=3-2, Fresno=4-1, Nevada=4-1. So SDSU is eliminated. Then it goes to 2 team tie breaker which #1 is head to head. So Fresno wins by virtue of the head to head win over Nevada. So long story short I think UNLV basically just cemented the west crown for Fresno even if Suds beats them next week.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Threeaces12 said:

So if I follow this correctly if there is a 3 way tie assuming SUDS somehow wins next week. Nevada Suds and Fresno could all have 2 loses. Head to head would result in a tie (Fresno beat Nevada who beat Suds who hypothetically beat Fresno). So tie breaker #2 division win %. Suds=3-2, Fresno=4-1, Nevada=4-1. So SDSU is eliminated. Then it goes to 2 team tie breaker which #1 is head to head. So Fresno wins by virtue of the head to head win over Nevada. So long story short I think UNLV basically just cemented the west crown for Fresno even if Suds beats them next week.

Unless Fresno loses to SJSU then we win the west :ph34r:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

:lol:  Just going on record for the next time I have to hear a delusional SUDS fan bitching endlessly about the molehill worst conference and how they're so much better and could make a go of it as an indy.  Well done Aztecs, well done :Clapping:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You could count the number of people that thought UNLV would beat SDS on one finger.  Hellofawin Rebels.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

6 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

:lol:  Just going on record for the next time I have to hear a delusional SUDS fan bitching endlessly about the molehill worst conference and how they're so much better and could make a go of it as an indy.  Well done Aztecs, well done :Clapping:

SDSU has earned your scorn, that's for sure. However, the fact the 2018 Aztecs have regressed considerably doesn't mean the conference isn't lousy. No better example than that if rumors are accurate, the MW's commissioner is angling to have its champion play not in a MW stadium but in a Pac12 stadium against an opponent a notch lower than has been the case.

Time will tell whether SDSU will be stuck here permanently. In the interim I'll continue to point out what a horrible commissioner conference presidents continue to employ.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Just now, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SDSU has earned your scorn, that's for sure. However, the fact the 2018 Aztecs have regressed considerably doesn't mean the conference isn't lousy. No better example than that if rumors are accurate, the MW's commissioner is angling to have its champion play not in a MW stadium but in a Pac12 stadium against an opponent a notch lower than has been the case.

Time will tell whether we'll be stuck here permanently. In the interim I'll continue to point out what a horrible commissioner conference presidents continue to employ.

Your point about the conference is duly noted.  Taking care of one's own house is my point.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, toonkee said:

SDSU always has that WTF game each year.  We were the lucky ones in 2018. 

Make no mistake, UNLV is not hitting any stride. Hawaii and Reno are going to pants us.

If anything we might lose worse now. Give a shitty team a little confidence and they end up playing shittier.

Bottom line is that the rebel defense played well yesterday (even the secondary) and didn't allow SUDS to score 50 points.

On the flip side, the Aztecs defense didn't play well. Different day, likely a different result.

If the rebs could have been playing like this all year but didn't, then i'm kinda not happy about that, lol. But I think i'm ok.

29 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

Bottom line is that the rebel defense played well yesterday (even the secondary) and didn't allow SUDS to score 50 points.

On the flip side, the Aztecs defense didn't play well. Different day, likely a different result.

If the rebs could have been playing like this all year but didn't, then i'm kinda not happy about that, lol. But I think i'm ok.

Your defense out-physicaled SDSU's defense. I can't recall the last time that happened. More broadly, your staff out-coached ours. That's happened several times this year: Sac State (yes, an FCS opponent), Eastern Michigan (which has a very good HC), San Jose State (even Rocky admitted SJSU out-coached him), Nevada and now UNLV.

Rocky needs to replace both his offensive coordinator and his offensive line coach. If he doesn't do so, 2019 will be a repeat of 2018 with us winning mainly only because our talent is superior to the majority of our opponents. Assuming no changes are made and we regress to 6-6 on the year, Rocky will be the brunt of so much criticism that he will do the same thing he did at UNM in 2008.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Your defense out-physicaled SDSU's defense. I can't recall the last time that happened. More broadly, your staff out-coached ours. That's happened several times this year: Sac State (yes, an FCS opponent), Eastern Michigan (which has a very good HC), San Jose State (even Rocky admitted SJSU out-coached him), Nevada and now UNLV.

Rocky needs to replace both his offensive coordinator and his offensive line coach. If he doesn't do so, 2019 will be a repeat of 2018 with us winning mainly only because our talent is superior to the majority of our opponents. Assuming no changes are made and we regress to 6-6 on the year, Rocky will be the brunt of so much criticism that he will do the same thing he did at UNM in 2008.

All I know is that your team doesn't seem the same this year. But you've had a lot of injuries on both sides of the ball and that seems to have thrown everything off. I fully expect the Aztecs to be back to their normal toughness soon.

6 hours ago, toonkee said:

SDSU always has that WTF game each year.  We were the lucky ones in 2018. 

Make no mistake, UNLV is not hitting any stride. Hawaii and Reno are going to pants us.

Can't disagree with the above - certainly head scratching that the UNLV defense suddenly played like they had some reason to play. Where was this over the last 5 games when they surrendered 50 ppg average - True, the SDSU offense is nothing great, but UNLV was letting very average talent run wild and then suddenly this effort last night :pullhair:

I agree that any more wins are unlikely but I do feel that last nights effort raises some limited hopes slim as they might be