smltwnrckr

Urban fishing

I've actually been watching this new show on Nat Geo channel where some dufus pro fisherman goes to big cities and fishes in urban environments. I actually think it's pretty interesting for a number of different reasons. But I was curious if anyone has much urban fishing experiences? Especially since so many of us who fish probably spend most of our fishing time in more wild or rural environments.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I dunno if I'd call it urban, but I spent a decent amount of time as a kid fishing irrigation canals and irrigation ponds in the Valley. Mostly getting small cats and panfish. Mainly before I could drive or on weekday evenings when we didn't have the time to drive up into the mountains. 

Looking back, it was fun stuff.

• Like 1

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Hot Fishing Spots In Los Angeles

1. Echo Park Lake

Echo_Park_Lake_Fountain.jpg

Echo Park Lake is an overwhelming place to be which is just a short drive from the downtown center of LA. It has been there since 1860 and presently it has been developed with a floating lotus-garden and people can people can enjoy pedal-boating, canoeing with canoes, fishing and fishing. People fish here trout, catfish, bluegills and even large mouth bass.

Today, the lake fills in as a confinement basin in the City’s tempest waste framework while giving waterfowl territory and recreational openings. The encompassing parklands, enchanting footbridge, curious boat shelter, wonderful lotus beds, and lake have enthralled people in general for quite a long time.

The lake offers guests the chance to appreciate paddle sailing, find and-discharge angling, show sculling, running, and walks around the edge pathway.
110926run_defense710.jpg

6 minutes ago, modestobulldog said:

Hot Fishing Spots In Los Angeles

1. Echo Park Lake

Echo_Park_Lake_Fountain.jpg

Echo Park Lake is an overwhelming place to be which is just a short drive from the downtown center of LA. It has been there since 1860 and presently it has been developed with a floating lotus-garden and people can people can enjoy pedal-boating, canoeing with canoes, fishing and fishing. People fish here trout, catfish, bluegills and even large mouth bass.

Today, the lake fills in as a confinement basin in the City’s tempest waste framework while giving waterfowl territory and recreational openings. The encompassing parklands, enchanting footbridge, curious boat shelter, wonderful lotus beds, and lake have enthralled people in general for quite a long time.

The lake offers guests the chance to appreciate paddle sailing, find and-discharge angling, show sculling, running, and walks around the edge pathway.

Have you fished in Echo Park?

There is Lorenzi Park and Floyd Lamb in Vegas. Both are actually in the city proper too. I'll admit I've never fished either.

https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Residents/Parks-Facilities/Lorenzi-Park

The centerpiece of this park is twin lakes with fishing, which requires a license from the Nevada Department of Wildlife. It is also a great park to plan your special event. The park is also home to the Nevada Garden Clubs, Inc.

History

Lorenzi Park was the vision of David G. Lorenzi, a French immigrant who purchased 80 acres of property about two miles west of the original townsite in 1912. The park opened as Lorenzi’s Lake Park in 1926 with a pool, dance pavilion, lakes and orchards. 

The property sold in 1940 and became Twin Lakes Lodge, a resort getaway with a 48-room hotel. In the 1950s, Twin Lakes hosted scientists and their families working at the Nevada Test Site. 

The site is linked to the larger histories of dude ranching and divorce in Nevada. The motel played an important role as divorce seekers obtained their needed residency at the motel. 

The motel also hosted visitors from around the country seeking a real "western" experience offering horseback riding, rodeo events, fishing, and "authentic" western food. The remaining motel buildings and the continued fishing in the two lakes create an important glimpse into Las Vegas' past. Interpretive markers are installed throughout the park for visitors to learn more about the history. 

Lorenzi Park is listed on the city's Historic Property Register as an historic district and on the Nevada State Register of Historic places.

https://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/Residents/Parks-Facilities/Floyd-Lamb-Park

This is right out of downtown Spokane.  I did a float with this company but, in the St. Joseph river in Idaho.  To be honest the float out of Spokane is a hidden gem where most locals don't even think about it.  I'm going to do this next year.  I did my float with this company.  They are really good.