Jump to content
retrofade

Game Thread: 2018 US Midterm Elections

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Looks like the new owner let them into the building and turned the power on. 

Some Secretary of State and County Clerk foopas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Regardless of how this all shakes out, it's a great thing to see so many people getting involved during this election. We lag so far behind in voter participation, so hopefully this is a positive indication for the future. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You're got to be +++++ing kidding me.... they didn't send power cords for the machines? With all of the other shady shit going on with Kemp in Georgia, it's hard not for me to jump straight to a conspiracy theory here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the final forecasts from FiveThirtyEight...

Senate

rQO1pkg.png

 

House

2cVfHpB.png

 

F5qvlbk.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, retrofade said:
You're got to be +++++ing kidding me.... they didn't send power cords for the machines? With all of the other shady shit going on with Kemp in Georgia, it's hard not for me to jump straight to a conspiracy theory here.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-under-scrutiny-for-alleged-voter-suppression-whats-going-on

The secretary of state (in control of most voting procedures) is running for governor.  

10% of Gwinnet County absentee ballots rejected compared to 2% in DeKalb County.

Cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations (that's about 20% of registered voters in the state).

Launches probe of democratic party after they alerted the state of a possible security issue with its voting registration systems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-under-scrutiny-for-alleged-voter-suppression-whats-going-on

The secretary of state (in control of most voting procedures) is running for governor.  

10% of Gwinnet County absentee ballots rejected compared to 2% in DeKalb County.

Cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations (that's about 20% of registered voters in the state).

Launches probe of democratic party after they alerted the state of a possible security issue with its voting registration systems.

Yep... and if it goes to a recount, his office will be in charge of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Dems build big enough vote lead in Clark County & if Washoe County stays close to 50-50 - Heller could be done and Laxalt would need a huge win margin in rural counties 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you understand that many blue collar dems are on the Trump bandwagon these days right?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep... and if it goes to a recount, his office will be in charge of it. 

He should probably be forced to recuse himself in that instance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNLV2001 said:

 

The Dems who hated and many blamed for Hillary's loss, now act like they love him!   LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pokerider said:

you understand that many blue collar dems are on the Trump bandwagon these days right?  

You understand lots of moderate GOP'ers are off the trump bandwagon these days - seen quite a few GOP registered voters going straight Dem this time around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UNLV2001 said:

You understand lots of moderate GOP'ers are off the trump bandwagon these days - seen quite a few GOP registered voters going straight Dem this time around 

Not the ones with jobs and who pay taxes!   "I'm going to vote democrat because I don't like these tax cuts and trade deals"  ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FlyingLobo said:

MSNBC surprised there are so many young voters in line...on the ASU campus. 

Turnout pretty hihg everywhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, mugtang said:

He should probably be forced to recuse himself in that instance. 

He so far down the conflict of interest path that there’s no point stopping now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×