retrofade

Game Thread: 2018 US Midterm Elections

32 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

There wasnt even a republican on the ballot for US senate in CA because of our primary rules, so that definitely skews her senate popular vote mythological number.

Right? And when you take that race out and see the how close the vote totals are you think WAIT A MINUTE, THIS IS A TRAVESTY! HOW DID THE DEMOCRATS WIN 20 SEATS WHEN THE SENATE POPULAR VOTE WAS SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Right? And when you take that race out and see the how close the vote totals are you think WAIT A MINUTE, THIS IS A TRAVESTY! HOW DID THE DEMOCRATS WIN 20 SEATS WHEN THE SENATE POPULAR VOTE WAS SO CLOSE!!!!!!!!!  

You’re avatar... Why?!

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

You’re avatar... Why?!

I cannot save the Republicans from Trumpism. Maybe I can save the Democrats from...everything wrong with them.

Also, the boomers failed me and we lost the house.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I cannot save the Republicans from Trumpism. Maybe I can save the Democrats from...everything wrong with them.

Also, the boomers failed me and we lost the house.

The GOP was always going lose the house.  The moment Trump became president this was going to happen with a GOP President, House and Senate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You’re avatar... Why?!

:str8pimp:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You’re avatar... Why?!

image.png.77a017dee1da7609297613456acda7dd.png

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

The GOP was always going lose the house.  The moment Trump became president this was going to happen with a GOP President, House and Senate

I don’t know about always. Likely sure, but there are ways to play things that doesn’t piss off lazy young people who almost never would vote if somebody wasn’t driving their social media insane every. Single. Day. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don’t know about always. Likely sure, but there are ways to play things that doesn’t piss off lazy young people who almost never would vote if somebody wasn’t driving their social media insane every. Single. Day. 

We agree there.  

Looks like Tester pulled ahead. Which I find great, because Rosendale is a carpetbagger and we've got enough of those in Montana without electing them to office. 

1 hour ago, pokerider said:

Colorado redistricting is going to now be done by a completely independent counsel, not by the state legislature.   Colorado flipped 1 state Senate seat for a 18-17 adv.  
And really, despite a lot more money by Dem Polis and a poor campaign by the Republican, Polis didn't win by as much as I thought he would.  
Regardless, Polis will likely push his state healthcare agenda next year and his non-fossil fuel agenda.   I'm already looking to move out of Colorado.  

Same with Utah. Until the legislature overwrites it.

I'm not saying I'd vote for it, but a Kasich-Sandoval ticket would be the best thing for this country in 2020.  Given the way the Republican Party has bent the knee to Trump, I, however, don't see any hope for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Victor Maitlin said:

I'm not saying I'd vote for it, but a Kasich-Sandoval ticket would be the best thing for this country in 2020.  Given the way the Republican Party has bent the knee to Trump, I, however, don't see any hope for that.

Sandoval shouldn't need Kasich. He alone would be fantastic for this country.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, retrofade said:

I watched them to experience their meltdown. 

Now that is some great TV watching

6 hours ago, crixus said:

The folks in Orange County have been seperated from that seperation...until now. :D The votes have all been counted and Congressman Rohrabacher (1989 - Present) lost

District 48 - 100% reporting, Harley Rouda (D) 50.74% Dana Rohrabacher (R) Incumbant 49.26%.

That's gonna piss rasPutin off...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Sandoval shouldn't need Kasich. He alone would be fantastic for this country.

A small state Governor that nobody back East has heard of?  No, he would need to be second on that ticket. And Kasich has earned the top spot if there's going to be a 2020 challenge to Trump.

3 hours ago, mugtang said:

Give me stupid takes for $100:

Maybe she missed the part where Dems had more people up for re-election and actually won more Senate Races.  Or the part where each State is equal in the Union regardless of population and is guaranteed equal representation in the Senate?  

Unfortuately, I do know people who actually follow this whole thought as well, and have just started voting and are angry with the results from last night. The hardest part is trying to explain how the election process works. We actually had to stop talking last night because it wasn't going in a good direction.

8 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

That's gonna piss rasPutin off...

I haven't heard that in years. It's still as fresh now as it was then. 

Last time I heard it was at a nightclub on Monot Street in Beirut. The crowd went wild. 

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

If Democrats had their way they would combine most the western states as one and give them 1 token senator and 1 rep.  

Actually they would probably let California be them because they need those electoral votes. However for the rest of the west, probably

8 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

A small state Governor that nobody back East has heard of?  No, he would need to be second on that ticket. And Kasich has earned the top spot if there's going to be a 2020 challenge to Trump.

I understand how politics work. Just saying that Sandoval is a better candidate than Kasich, and he shouldn't need Kasich's coattails. Even if I know in reality he does.

It used to be small-state governors could win the presidency even though nobody in the east or the west knew who he was. It happened in 92. I agree that it is unlikely that it would happen now, though.