retrofade

Game Thread: 2018 US Midterm Elections

Regardless of how this all shakes out, it's a great thing to see so many people getting involved during this election. We lag so far behind in voter participation, so hopefully this is a positive indication for the future. 

You're got to be +++++ing kidding me.... they didn't send power cords for the machines? With all of the other shady shit going on with Kemp in Georgia, it's hard not for me to jump straight to a conspiracy theory here.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, retrofade said:
You're got to be +++++ing kidding me.... they didn't send power cords for the machines? With all of the other shady shit going on with Kemp in Georgia, it's hard not for me to jump straight to a conspiracy theory here.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-under-scrutiny-for-alleged-voter-suppression-whats-going-on

The secretary of state (in control of most voting procedures) is running for governor.  

10% of Gwinnet County absentee ballots rejected compared to 2% in DeKalb County.

Cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations (that's about 20% of registered voters in the state).

Launches probe of democratic party after they alerted the state of a possible security issue with its voting registration systems.

4 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/georgia-under-scrutiny-for-alleged-voter-suppression-whats-going-on

The secretary of state (in control of most voting procedures) is running for governor.  

10% of Gwinnet County absentee ballots rejected compared to 2% in DeKalb County.

Cancelled over 1.4 million voter registrations (that's about 20% of registered voters in the state).

Launches probe of democratic party after they alerted the state of a possible security issue with its voting registration systems.

Yep... and if it goes to a recount, his office will be in charge of it. 

19 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Yep... and if it goes to a recount, his office will be in charge of it. 

He should probably be forced to recuse himself in that instance. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, pokerider said:

you understand that many blue collar dems are on the Trump bandwagon these days right?  

You understand lots of moderate GOP'ers are off the trump bandwagon these days - seen quite a few GOP registered voters going straight Dem this time around 

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

You understand lots of moderate GOP'ers are off the trump bandwagon these days - seen quite a few GOP registered voters going straight Dem this time around 

Not the ones with jobs and who pay taxes!   "I'm going to vote democrat because I don't like these tax cuts and trade deals"  ... 

2 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

He so far down the conflict of interest path that there’s no point stopping now. 

I haven’t really followed it that closely so I can’t comment on it really. But from what’s been shared here is sounds shady as f 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater