sebasour

Mountain West Basketball Week 1: 11/6 - 11/11

10 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

for the first time ever I have a sour taste in my mouth about college basketball starting, the sport is broken.

It's like sitting down to a turkey dinner and you know the turkey had rabies.

How so? Utah couldn't poach any players this year?

CSUN running with, and leading the Lobos right now, 30-25. CSUN hitting 3s, and stealing lousy Lobo passed!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

God Edwards blows.  The pass around the perimeter, brick a shitty three, and +++++ rebounding game plan is still in full effect.  But muh altitoods!

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

18 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

You guys look more composed and better coached. If Wyo plays like this all season we will be lucky to hit 15 wins. Terrible offense, some seriously lazy defense. 

I was impressed with James and Maldonado.  James was missing his outside shot, but still drove to the basket, hit the boards.  Y'all drew several frustrating charges as well.

40 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

You guys look more composed and better coached. If Wyo plays like this all season we will be lucky to hit 15 wins. Terrible offense, some seriously lazy defense. 

JP (Joe Pasternack) recruited well and we needed all of the depth tonight.  Especially without our leading scorer. 

All three of our freshmen recruits (Sow, Nagle, Toure) were rated at least 3* coming out of HS, Sow got 4* on ESPN.

The transfers, McLaughlin was a top-100 recruit. Ramsey was in the top-150.  On paper there is plenty of talent.  We have depth pretty much everywhere.  This will be fun to watch.

2 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

JP (Joe Pasternack) recruited well and we needed all of the depth tonight.  Especially without our leading scorer. 

All three of our freshmen recruits (Sow, Nagle, Toure) were rated at least 3* coming out of HS, Sow got 4* on ESPN.

The transfers, McLaughlin was a top-100 recruit. Ramsey was in the top-150.  On paper there is plenty of talent.  We have depth pretty much everywhere.  This will be fun to watch.

Yes, UCSB should be good this year. They had a good recruiting class. That is why I think Wyo, being so young, did pretty well even after their big went out (Edwards should have played some of the kids that did well in scrimmage). Wish Wyo played at UCSB tonight, it's only 45 miles away from me. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thatsmymammy said:

Yes, UCSB should be good this year. They had a good recruiting class. That is why I think Wyo, being so young, did pretty well even after their big went out (Edwards should have played some of the kids that did well in scrimmage). Wish Wyo played at UCSB tonight, it's only 45 miles away from me. 

I'm about 65% sure the Pokes are making a return trip next year to Santa Barbara.  This doesn't feel like a 1 and done deal.