jeremymauss

Bold basketball predictions

With hoops starting tomorrow here are some bold predictions we wrote up. Feel free to add any more or make your own.

https://mwwire.com/2018/11/04/nine-bold-mountain-west-basketball-predictions-for-2018-19-season/

1. Wyoming’s Justin James scores 25 points a game

2. Justinian Jessup, Anthony Mathis, and Sam Merrill combine to make 350 three-pointers

3. New Mexico is the Mountain West’s final undefeated team

4. Nico Carvacho records 15 double-doubles

5. Tre’Shawn Thurman starts more games than Jordan Brown

6. San Jose State wins a conference game

7. UNLV only finishes ahead of San Jose State and Air Force

8. The Mountain West regular season title is decided on the last day

9. Nevada reaches the Final Four

• Like 2

10. Jalen McDaniels averages a double-double per game.

11. Nevada fails to record its first win against the Aztecs at Viejas Arena during 2018-19 season.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ted McGovern said:

10. Jalen McDaniels averages a double-double per game.

11. Nevada fails to record its first win against the Aztecs at Viejas Arena during 2018-19 season.

11 wouldn’t surprise me. I wouldn’t be shocked if we lost on the road in New Mexico as well. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

SJSU is likely to win a conference game, nothing about that is bold. 

Here are some of my MWC Bold predictions:

Justinian Jessup has a big season and becomes a NBA Draft Prospect

Boise finishes in the top 4.... again. 

Neemias Queta wins FOY

Only the top 4 in the conference finish above 500 in conference play, it will be very top heavy

UNM plays in a play in game and MWC send 3 to the NCAA Tourney (Nevada/SDSU/UNM)

Jalen McDaniels leads the conference in BPM. 

Jordan Brown turns out to have a minimal impact as a frosh (solid bench big)

A non Nevada transfer wins newcomer of the year

5 hours ago, TheJackel said:

They’ll be the only undefeated team going into conference play

That was so strangely worded by MWWire, I dunno how you got that from that, but okay.

Not sure if we can achieve that. St. Mary's is going to be very tough, along with teams like Colorado and @NMSU, but it could be possible. If JaQuan Lyle was healthy, I'd like our chances to run the OOC table, but basketball gods hate us. ^_^

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TopLobo said:

That was so strangely worded by MWWire, I dunno how you got that from that, but okay.

Not sure if we can achieve that. St. Mary's is going to be very tough, along with teams like Colorado and @NMSU, but it could be possible. If JaQuan Lyle was healthy, I'd like our chances to run the OOC table, but basketball gods hate us. ^_^

I read it on their website where it was articulated better.  

I think it’s a legit possibility even without Lyle.  

On 11/4/2018 at 10:15 AM, jeremymauss said:

With hoops starting tomorrow here are some bold predictions we wrote up. Feel free to add any more or make your own.

https://mwwire.com/2018/11/04/nine-bold-mountain-west-basketball-predictions-for-2018-19-season/

1. Wyoming’s Justin James scores 25 points a game

2. Justinian Jessup, Anthony Mathis, and Sam Merrill combine to make 350 three-pointers

3. New Mexico is the Mountain West’s final undefeated team - Undefeated going into MWC play? Would be a good thing, but UNM stumbles at least once 

4. Nico Carvacho records 15 double-doubles

5. Tre’Shawn Thurman starts more games than Jordan Brown

6. San Jose State wins a conference game - Think this happens as there are some teams that can be beat on any given night 

7. UNLV only finishes ahead of San Jose State and Air Force - Not out of the realm of possibility

8. The Mountain West regular season title is decided on the last day - Think Nevada clinches MWC regular season title with a week to spare

9. Nevada reaches the Final Four - Lot depends on how the various players mesh and accept roles. Lot's of talent will be relegated to bench and role playing and if they can mesh, this could be a dangerous team come March. Depth helps any injury issues. 

On 11/4/2018 at 12:16 PM, ph90702 said:

UNLV is a top five team in the MW this year.  We are young but talented at the same time.

You type this up today?  Wouldn't it have been easier to cut and paste from any of the last three seasons?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!