ThePhantom88

Fresno @ Boise

2 hours ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Love a N.Y. strip...but lots of butter? Unless you meant stripper and lots of butter, then I concur.

Forgot to mention the baked potato apparently. Got distracted.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648

3 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Yeah, not sure why all the angst from some BSU fans. Fresno has been smoking teams but only a couple of their opponents could even be considered decent. The two best teams they've beaten on paper were either missing their starting QB (Nevada) or their QB went down early in the game (Toledo). 

I definitely think Fresno is a very good team but I'm not convinced they are significantly better than BSU, I think they are probably slightly better (and much healthier) right now, but our homefield advantage may negate that. Friday will tell the tale as to how the teams actually stack up, but I can easily see one fortuitous bounce allowing BSU to win a tight game. I also wouldn't be shocked if Fresno won by multiple scores but I wouldn't be shocked if BSU did the same to Fresno either. I'm also curious to see how Fresno would respond if the game remains close throughout--they haven't experienced much adversity or game pressure after halftime since their opener with Minny.

We were already throttling Toledo when their QB left the game.   The game wouldn't have been any different, and they got a couple cheap garbage time TDs from peters to make it look nice to boot.  Was 49-13 when we yanked the starters.

Meeeeemorieeess!!

61-10...

Remember that one, little pups?

This one was 57-7...

I'm pretty sure no Fresno player made it out of their own house with any of their milk money that day...

Milk Can = a BSU possession in perpetuity!!

***Edit*** Do you turds actually have the Milk Can right now?  If so, please rinse all your chaw/semon spit out before bringing it to our house this Saturday...

• Like 1

New-Signature.jpg

29 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Meeeeemorieeess!!

61-10...

Remember that one, little pups?

This one was 57-7...

I'm pretty sure no Fresno player made it out of their own house with any of their milk money that day...

Milk Can = a BSU possession in perpetuity!!

***Edit*** Do you turds actually have the Milk Can right now?  If so, please rinse all your chaw/semon spit out before bringing it to our house this Saturday...

No one has forgotten these lop sided games with the Broncos

in those games, the Fresno teams were clearly outmatched in terms of coaching and personnel, in this weeks game, there will be a more level playing field

lets see how Boise responds when they are not considered the prohibitive favorite in the game and actually have to face some adversity

55 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

No one has forgotten these lop sided games with the Broncos

in those games, the Fresno teams were clearly outmatched in terms of coaching and personnel, in this weeks game, there will be a more level playing field 

lets see how Boise responds when they are not considered the prohibitive favorite in the game and actually have to face some adversity 

We'll see...

BSU has already disappointing me for the season, so there's not a whole lot to lose... 

However, if UCF falters and BSU, Fresno, or Utah State run the table - one of us will take the NY6..

We made it with 2 losses in 2014...

There's a couple things to take into account in this one, however - it's a late game at our place, so it's gonna be loud and cold!!  You guys aren't just going to fall into victory...

New-Signature.jpg

Pierce was leading tackler when he was lost for the season.  Whimpey took over and was top tackler when he went down.  Moa was preseason all conference.  Lui was #2 behind him.  Durrant is gone.   It's freaking amazing the Broncos are 7-2.   

But losing 2 of the next 3 is a real possibility.  Likely even.  I've never seen this rash of injuries on one side of the ball for the Broncos.  And Rypien has re-proven himself to be inconsistent enough to not carry the team in the D's absence.   

If Avalos can work magic somehow and Rypien doesn't have anymore wtf  halves then winning out is possible because the toughest games are in Boise.  But you think the wheels have come off the fanbase wagon now, just wait for 3 conference home game losses.  Holy shet, it would be biblical. 

9 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

This time of year we all got injuries.

When Pete had things rolling in Boise, you had injuries too, but no one noticed as much because other guys always stepped up.

There was never a season in the Moore years even comparable to the amount of injuries we are dealing with.  Those teams all stayed relatively healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bsu_alum9 said:

Looks like this will be the least attended home game in Boise this year. 32,299 for Colorado State.  (Max was 36,679 overcapacity SDSU game).

29,000 tickets out with 2 days to go. Usually about 2-3k sold in the final two days before a game. 

I'm telling you, we need to extend the BYU series.

40 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Pierce was leading tackler when he was lost for the season.  Whimpey took over and was top tackler when he went down.  Moa was preseason all conference.  Lui was #2 behind him.  Durrant is gone.   It's freaking amazing the Broncos are 7-2.   

But losing 2 of the next 3 is a real possibility.  Likely even.  I've never seen this rash of injuries on one side of the ball for the Broncos.  And Rypien has re-proven himself to be inconsistent enough to not carry the team in the D's absence.   

If Avalos can work magic somehow and Rypien doesn't have anymore wtf  halves then winning out is possible because the toughest games are in Boise.  But you think the wheels have come off the fanbase wagon now, just wait for 3 conference home game losses.  Holy shet, it would be biblical. 

Eh, two straight losses on the blue in 2015.

The sun still rose the next day.

• Like 1