ThePhantom88

Fresno @ Boise

1 hour ago, TheDoggFather said:

This time of year we all got injuries.

When Pete had things rolling in Boise, you had injuries too, but no one noticed as much because other guys always stepped up.

Petersen never lost his 2 best DT's, best safety, etc.  All when trying to replace LVE. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Petersen never lost his 2 best DT's, best safety, etc.  All when trying to replace LVE. 

Starting DT, NT, DE best LB best Safety, that safetys back up and now maybe the other starting safety.  Petersen never saw anything close to that.  Fresno should commit ritual suicide if they somehow lose.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Starting DT, NT, DE best LB best Safety, that safetys back up and now maybe the other starting safety.  Petersen never saw anything close to that.  Fresno should commit ritual suicide if they somehow lose.

Boise is more capable of dealing with injuries than most (especially G5s). The fact that they're still 7-2 is a  testament to that, but it does take it's toll. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Almost all the injuries are on the defensive side of the ball, yet it has been the defense who has bailed the offense out every time they go against a stout D on the other side of the line.

The real issue that no one wants to address is that the offense isn't all that good against anyone with a pulse.  I don't see Boise scoring more than 10 points without some turnovers and special teams plays.

2 hours ago, Spot50B said:

Almost all the injuries are on the defensive side of the ball, yet it has been the defense who has bailed the offense out every time they go against a stout D on the other side of the line.

The real issue that no one wants to address is that the offense isn't all that good against anyone with a pulse.  I don't see Boise scoring more than 10 points without some turnovers and special teams plays.

Fresno executes really well on screens, if they can get some big plays off of that, then I could see them winning going away.  But I can also see a tight game like last year's championship that boise won.  And boise will make some plays and get some points, especially at home. 

I am interested to see how good FSU really is, the schedule had hardly anyone worth anything on it. nOt the Bulldogs fault though sometimes it works that way.I think we can match Boise for injuries we lost the whole backfield starting slot starting guard at one point.Be good if fur teams finish with 10 wins this season. I also don't know about how good USU is either for the same reason.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We've lost key starters too, every team at this time of year is banged up. We've had a different starting RB in every game because of injury. Lost our best OL for the season in week 1, caused a huge shuffle. Lost our starting RT twice. LB are banged up like you wouldn't believe.

Fresno may have the edge in overall injuries, but being a home game for Boise, with the crowd on your side, negates that. Besides, you're a vastly superior team in terms of physicality. Harsin said so.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, TheDoggFather said:

We've lost key starters too, every team at this time of year is banged up. We've had a different starting RB in every game because of injury. Lost our best OL for the season in week 1, caused a huge shuffle. Lost our starting RT twice. LB are banged up like you wouldn't believe.

Fresno may have the edge in overall injuries, but being a home game for Boise, with the crowd on your side, negates that. Besides, you're a vastly superior team in terms of physicality. Harsin said so.

Not even comparable.  And Jesus, you guys are sensitive about a year-old video.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steveem said:

I am interested to see how good FSU really is, the schedule had hardly anyone worth anything on it. nOt the Bulldogs fault though sometimes it works that way.I think we can match Boise for injuries we lost the whole backfield starting slot starting guard at one point.Be good if fur teams finish with 10 wins this season. I also don't know about how good USU is either for the same reason.

Yeah, its gonna be interesting how the Aggies do when matched up in a close game.  What Wyoming's physical secondary and pass rush did to our offense was worrisome and its hard to know if it was just and off night and if maybe Love's hand ding affected him.  The only real comparison I can see is watching the Zoobs match up with Boise.   I thought Rypien would light them up because of their lack of a pass rush but it never really happened.  I also thought Boise could run all over them like the Aggies did but they really didn't.get a lot of sustained big runs either.

I have no reason to root for one team over the other Friday night. I'm planning on barbecuing a steak, then sitting down with more red wine in my warm living room and rooting for a close entertaining game. Then the next night I get to put on thermals,tailgate in brisk but dry weather and root for the Wolf Pack.

• Like 2