ThePhantom88

Fresno @ Boise

13 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

That's not good.  BSU does have pretty good depth at LB, but this still hurts to lose your leading tackler. 

David Moa (DT) and DeAndre Pierce (S), as well as backup CB Jalen Walker on the out-for-season list.

Still no word on Sonatane Lui (NT), Chase Hatada (DT) and Durrant Miles (DE) timelines.

---

On offense, backup QB Chase Cord is out for season. John Hightower (WR), Octavius Evans (WR), Collingham (TE) and Qeuvedo (RG) are all questionable. 

---

With only 4 possible games remaining - the redshirt rule for guys comes into play (hasn't seemed to make much difference so far).  But I wouldn't be surprised if a young true freshman burner like Cobbs or Bowens comes in to take the top off the defense if Hightower is out.  

That's a big blow. That makes it five starters lost on the defensive side of the ball. Possibly three on the offensive side. With Whimpey gone that is the 2nd time this season they have lost their leading tackler for the season. It's been a rough season injury wise.

Tough break. No excuses.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

28 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

That's a big blow. That makes it five starters lost on the defensive side of the ball. Possibly three on the offensive side. With Whimpey gone that is the 2nd time this season they have lost their leading tackler for the season. It's been a rough season injury wise.

yeesh.  That's rough.

Just now, Rofl_copter_dos said:

yeesh.  That's rough.

Yeah, the entire DL is out and if Hatata (who didn't play against BYU) is out, he was starting in the absence of Moa, so that's almost like another starter gone. So DT will be with their 3rd string and Hatata also started the season behind Miles Durrant at DE so if neither of them can go they are down to 3rd string at DE, as well. It's really starting to show up. The defense isn't anywhere near where they were at the beginning of the year.   

In terms of yardage:

Rushing:

Fresno: 151 yards per game

Boise: 150 yards per game

Rushing Defense:

Boise: allows 128 yards per game

Fresno: allows 129 yards per game

Passing:

Boise: 319 yards per game (#1 in MW)

Fresno: 280 yards per game

Passing Defense:

Fresno: allows 178 per game (#1 in MW)

Boise: allows 234 per game

19 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

In terms of yardage:

Rushing:

Fresno: 151 yards per game

Boise: 150 yards per game

Rushing Defense:

Boise: allows 128 yards per game

Fresno: allows 129 yards per game

Passing:

Boise: 319 yards per game (#1 in MW)

Fresno: 280 yards per game

Passing Defense:

Fresno: allows 178 per game (#1 in MW)

Boise: allows 234 per game

Fresno scoring offense - 40 ppg vs Boise scoring offense - 38 ppg

Fresno scoring defense - 12 ppg vs Boise scoring defense - 23 ppg

26 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

Fresno scoring offense - 40 ppg vs Boise scoring offense - 38 ppg

Fresno scoring defense - 12 ppg vs Boise scoring defense - 23 ppg

That and the fact that we allow 50 yards more passing per game. That's the key. I didn't realize all our stats were so close. But Fresno is definitely favored for a reason.

All our injuries suck. But we had a true freshman linebacker in against BYU and he did really well. So who knows.

22 minutes ago, broncos345 said:

BSU should use all of the negative reactions and posts from the fans and use it as  motivation play pissed off.

Let me fukking guess: gonna play with a chip on the shoulder?  Every. Damn. Year.  You tools do this constantly and it's absurd.

Just buy a can of Pringles and call it a day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Let me fukking guess: gonna play with a chip on the shoulder?  Every. Damn. Year.  You tools do this constantly and it's absurd.

That's one phrase that I despise hearing from every analyst and commentator in sports. That, and Herbstreit saying "they have to pin their ears back". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

25 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

No chips-- Blue Collar Mentality my man!

As a dogs fan, I've never felt the confidence in a Fresno/Boise game. Like ever. This year just feels different. This has to be the best Fresno State defense in school history and it’s not like we’re making highlights reel plays or anything I mean we are don’t get me wrong but the defense’s strength is that they are so football fundamentally sound and discipline. Offense, Defense, Special teams we are so balanced and so consistent. Everything you want in a football team we have it and this is looking at it from a non biased perspective and just a football perspective. These kids will run through 3 brick walls for Tedford. 

• Like 3

BDS.jpeg.b92a1351cc7ee6a0de0c311059007356.jpeg

2 hours ago, broncos345 said:

BSU should use all of the negative reactions and posts from the fans and use it as  motivation play pissed off.

This beauty is courtesy of  you

I just changed one thing.

If the Dons need something like this for motivation they've already lost the game.