badfish

SDSU @ UNM

Just now, lobo81 said:

We need to cut the entire coaching staff IMO. Davie brought us up from the dead post the previous regime, which I wont mention, but the team as looked pretty abysmal much of the last two seasons. 

There's no money for a buyout. He's here for as long as he want to be here. 

4 minutes ago, PTR said:

I get that, but with the amount of empty seats that were with my groupd here at the stadium tonight...how much money are you really saving by not going with the buyout...

Once again, Davie proves to be the worst football coach in the conference...ugh.

Congrats SDSU, Rocky f***ks the Lobos again. We won’t win another game this season.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Good Gawd we are hard to watch.

• Like 2

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

You are? How do you think New Mexico fans feel… We totally know how to f**k up a wet dream… And a football game! 

• Like 2

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

55 minutes ago, PTR said:

Seriously, Davie is a dead man walking, our best defensive player is suspended for assaulting and putting a teammate in the hospital and we're starting our 2nd/3rd string QB. How is this happening?

Welcome to the club- only we’ve been without our entire starting backfield. 

I just think it’s ironic that Davie went with Gerhart instead of Jones because Jones threw ints at the wrong time... that’s exactly what Gerhart did!

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Do we have more holding penalty yards than passing yards?

Thankfully Chapman played very well. Major props to him.

The offensive linemen we have are astoundingly stupid, however. And we lucked out when they decided not to penalize Parker Houston for what was a blatant personal foul.

401 yards of total offense to 142 yet it was a one-possession game. Just ridiculous. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

19 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

Good Gawd we are hard to watch.

I turned it off at halftime. thought I would just look at highlights(is that an oxymoron considering Aztecs offense?) What is wrong with the Aztecs Offense, well they are 97th in sacks allowed and 105th in tackles for loss allowed..In other words, the offensive line which we thought was the strength of the team, is essentially downright awful. WHy? Damned if I know? The other thing is the Aztecs are averaging 180 yds a game passing 176 running,.  I have never seen a team 110th in total offense and 10th in total defense. worst they are 101 in turn over margin.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, steveem said:

I turned it off at halftime. thought I would just look at highlights(is that an oxymoron considering Aztecs offense?) What is wrong with the Aztecs Offense, well they are 97th in sacks allowed and 105th in tackles for loss allowed..In other words, the offensive line which we thought was the strength of the team, is essentially downright awful. WHy? Damned if I know? The other thing is the Aztecs are averaging 180 yds a game passing 176 running,.  I have never seen a team 110th in total offense and 10th in total defense. worst they are 101 in turn over margin.

I don't think the line is as bad as Agnew made them look but they're not great. Ryan abandoned, or more accurately didn't allow the pocket to form before he rolled out.  Many times, he was rolling right into the weak side blitz. He needs another year. Glad Chapman is back.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

BTW: Arizona 31- Chaminade 29 at the half

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

On 11/4/2018 at 6:25 AM, lobo81 said:

We need to cut the entire coaching staff IMO. Davie brought us up from the dead post the previous regime, which I wont mention, but the team as looked pretty abysmal much of the last two seasons. 

Until this season I would have said it is enough to cut Cosgrove, but seeing Davie stick with Cosgrove year after year and at the same time blowing up our offense for no good reason makes me think that he is also part of the problem or at the very least unable to make the neccessary moves.

That being said I am at a point where I dread the alternatives given UNMs financial issues...

On 11/3/2018 at 10:27 PM, PTR said:

I'm curious.  Was Dennis Franchione able to bring in good players or was it all his coaching?  I suspect he never unpacked his suitcase after he left UNM.