thedude15

Does Fresno have a chance to stay ahead of a 12-1 Houston if

that 12-1 Houston includes a win over a top 10 UCF in the AAC champ game...

I feel pretty confident Fresno can stay ahead of 12-1 Houston provided Houston plays a team with at least 1 loss going into the AAC champ game. But a win over a top 10 UCF (especially when Fresno would, at best, would have one top 25 win over USU in the conference champ game) would concern me. I would imagine Fresno would loss the edge in SOS and the comp polls they currently have over Houston.

Also I guess part of the issue is where exactly does the CFP rank Houston today? I mean if they are #26 if equals a lot more trouble then if the rank Houston in the 30's and have USU ranked ahead of them. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, thedude15 said:

that 12-1 Houston includes a win over a top 10 UCF in the AAC champ game...

I feel pretty confident Fresno can stay ahead of 12-1 Houston provided Houston plays a team with at least 1 loss going into the AAC champ game. But a win over a top 10 UCF (especially when Fresno would, at best, would have one top 25 win over USU in the conference champ game) would concern me. I would imagine Fresno would loss the edge in SOS and the comp polls they currently have over Houston.

Also I guess part of the issue is where exactly does the CFP rank Houston today? I mean if they are #26 if equals a lot more trouble then if the rank Houston in the 30's and have USU ranked ahead of them. 

Lots of other questions marks. Does USU go into the championship game with only one loss and ranked? How many more games does SUDS lose? Is a win over a weak Boise team any help this year? One can go dizzy thinking about it all. Just win the damn football games and see what happens. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

11 minutes ago, TheDoggFather said:

I'll worry about it once Fresno State wins the West Division, until then it's premature. Boise has always been our kryptonite on the road. SDSU getting back at full strength now too. Not an easy road at all.

We are fans not players. Half the freakin enjoyment of being a fan is speculating and imagining the what ifs.

I mean I am sure Nevada basketball fans are speculating about making the FF or winning the NCAAT. Heck even as a Fresno fan I am getting enjoyment out of a fellow conference mate success/preseason hopes. 

Now  if the players are thinking about this topic then there is an issue. Their focus should just be to win every single game. 

• Like 3

No tacos until February.

• Haha 1

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

1. No.  Houston would jump to about 15th in the CFP rankings with a win like that.  The 'dogs are capped at about 19th based on our schedule.

2. I think USF is going to get UCF so it might be moot.  I don't think USF is a particularly good team, mind you.  They're 2013 San Jose State with an easier schedule and a lot of lucky bounces.   But UCF reeks of 2013 Fresno State.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

1. No.  Houston would jump to about 15th in the CFP rankings with a win like that.  The 'dogs are capped at about 19th based on our schedule.

2. I think USF is going to get UCF so it might be moot.  I don't think USF is a particularly good team, mind you.  They're 2013 San Jose State with an easier schedule and a lot of lucky bounces.   But UCF reeks of 2013 Fresno State.

2013 SJSU or 2012 SJSU? The latter is who they remind me of. I've been saying for about a month that this UCF team is us from 2013. 

I think Houston will lose to either Temple or Memphis before the regular season comes to an end.

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

2013 SJSU or 2012 SJSU? The latter is who they remind me of. I've been saying for about a month that this UCF team is us from 2013. 

I think Houston will lose to either Temple or Memphis before the regular season comes to an end.

2013 SJSU. Mediocre team that can score.

• Like 1