RamSack

Slightly Off Topic - Wyoming expanding beyond covered wagons

Guest #1Stunner
7 minutes ago, RamSack said:

When they build the hyperloop from Cheyenne to Denver it will be a game changer.  Everyone can live in Colorado and work in Wyoming.   No one will have to endure living in eastern Wyoming anymore.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2017/09/14/travel-fort-collins-dia-via-hyperloop-step-closer-reality/667282001/

6 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

When they build the hyperloop from Cheyenne to Denver it will be a game changer.  Everyone can live in Colorado and work in Wyoming.   No one will have to endure living in eastern Wyoming anymore.

https://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/2017/09/14/travel-fort-collins-dia-via-hyperloop-step-closer-reality/667282001/

Work in Wyoming doing what?  Making meth?

• Haha 1

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, RamSack said:

Work in Wyoming doing what?  Making meth?

Most younger people leave Wyoming.   It has an aging population.  So, there will be a lot of jobs for Coloradans in the elder care industry.

As these people age, and ease into retirement, they will need medical care and assistance.  That means jobs!!!

5997187bb9576.image.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Bob said:

I think it's exactly the opposite of what you say. Live in WY and work in CO. Take CO's money, but not have to live in a congested hell hole

Any word on of this hyperloop will be expanded down to Colorado Springs?

48 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

As long as you choose to live in the Zion Curtain that is most certainly a hell hole I think all Wyomingites will be fine with this!

Guest #1Stunner
2 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

As long as you choose to live in the Zion Curtain that is most certainly a hell hole I think all Wyomingites will be fine with this!

Live in the Zion Curtain? 

I am not Utard, sir.   I'm a proud Idahoan.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/12/26/2017s-fastest-and-slowest-growing-states-are-neighbors-heres-why-their-paths-diverged/?utm_term=.5cd79cb51d24

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, pokebball said:

Everything I'm hearing is Cheyenne to Pueblo

If this thing actually ever gets built, and can carry a large number of passengers for not too much money, that will be really cool. 

1 hour ago, Bob said:

There's not a single escalator in Wyoming as far as I know.

Where does the Ft. Collins airport fly to? Denver and where else? Just curious

The Fort Collins - Loveland Airport doesn't have a air tower which significantly limits what it has and can do.

The Cheyenne model assumes it will get some passenger traffic out of NoCo and Western Nebraska.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

If this thing actually ever gets built, and can carry a large number of passengers for not too much money, that will be really cool. 

What I don't like about public transportation are the number of stops between your origination and destination.  I think about a shot from Cheyenne to Denver and it's very appealing.  Then you think about stops in Wellington, Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont, Bloomfield, Thornton,etc before Denver...not very appealing.

Guest #1Stunner
5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

What I don't like about public transportation are the number of stops between your origination and destination.  I think about a shot from Cheyenne to Denver and it's very appealing.  Then you think about stops in Wellington, Fort Collins, Loveland, Longmont, Bloomfield, Thornton,etc before Denver...not very appealing.

Good point.  It takes quite a while to load and unload at each stop.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Good point.  It takes quite a while to load and unload at each stop.

My understanding is that there will be two tracks, or tubes, one with fewer stops and one with more stops.  But until I see it, if I'm still alive, who knows.

7 hours ago, Bob said:

There's not a single escalator in Wyoming as far as I know.

Where does the Ft. Collins airport fly to? Denver and where else? Just curious

There are 2 in casper

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.