misplacedcowboy

Is BYU dead?

Guest #1Stunner

BYU will finish the season 6-6 and play the MWC #2 team in the New Mexico Bowl.

Mountain West Bowl Ties, Affiliations

Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The Mountain West doesn’t have a true pecking order after the Las Vegas. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

1. Las Vegas vs. Pac-12

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Conference USA  BYU
 Hawai’i Bowl vs. Conference USA
 NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Sun Belt
 Cheez-It Bowl
Conditional if bowl can’t fill a spot.

4 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

BYU will finish the season 6-6 and play the MWC #2 team in the New Mexico Bowl.

Mountain West Bowl Ties, Affiliations

Highest-ranked champion from the AAC, C-USA, MAC, MW & Sun Belt will play in a New Year’s Six bowl.

The Mountain West doesn’t have a true pecking order after the Las Vegas. The bowl matchups are based on best possible games and geography.

1. Las Vegas vs. Pac-12

Famous Idaho Potato Bowl vs. MAC
– Gildan New Mexico Bowl vs. Conference USA  BYU
 Hawai’i Bowl vs. Conference USA
 NOVA Home Loans Arizona Bowl vs. Sun Belt
 Cheez-It Bowl
Conditional if bowl can’t fill a spot.

Hope you guys get to six wins. Gonna be awhile before byu is bowl eligible after this year. 

• Like 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

giphy.gif?w=316&h=155

BYU football is 4-4.

This is unfamiliar territory (like last year), and is an outrage.

We can't let this program descend into a Wyoming-caliber program.   The fans won't tolerate it.

Guest #1Stunner
4 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Hope you guys get to six wins. Gonna be awhile before byu is bowl eligible after this year. 

Which bowl game do you think Boise is going to go to this year?

I have USU at the Las Vegas vs Arizona.

Boise at the Potato vs Northern Illinois

BYU vs MWC #2 in the New Mexico (maybe Fresno?).

SDSU at the Nova Home Loans vs South Alabama.

Hawaii at the Hawaii Bowl.

AFA at the Cheez Bowl.

3 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

AFA at the Cheez Bowl.

Las Vegas. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

Guest #1Stunner

Everyone, Everyone!!

BYU needs your support.

To the Wyoming. Fresno-SJSU, USU, and UTAH fans who have posted in this thread (and who are passionate about BYU).    Please  CONTINUE to keep BYU in your thoughts at all times.

Thank you.

20 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Everyone, Everyone!!

BYU needs your support.

To the Wyoming. Fresno-SJSU, USU, and UTAH fans who have posted in this thread (and who are passionate about BYU).    Please  CONTINUE to keep BYU in your thoughts at all times.

Thank you.

Who?

• Like 1

You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

The best thing to happen to the Y now would be the WCC sponsoring football and by some miracle SDSU, UNLV, Hawaii, Utah St and Boise St join.  Olympic sports would be huge, great basketball, and good football with BSU, USU, SDSU, Haw and BYU having some grudge matches.  Also will be nice playing in packed houses for basketball and football.  Womens volleyball would be epic.  The 5 conference games leave a lot of open spots for P5 and former conference foes in OOC scheduling.  12 ESPN/ABC games would get at min $2 mil per team annum.  The other available 24 football games CBSsports or BYUtv or Hawaii Oceanic could air putting every game on tv and getting each school around $4-10 mil total with a good basketball package.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, suralexander said:

The best thing to happen to the Y now would be the WCC sponsoring football and by some miracle SDSU, UNLV, Hawaii, Utah St and Boise St join.  Olympic sports would be huge, great basketball, and good football with BSU, USU, SDSU, Haw and BYU having some grudge matches.  Also will be nice playing in packed houses for basketball and football.  Womens volleyball would be epic.  The 5 conference games leave a lot of open spots for P5 and former conference foes in OOC scheduling.  12 ESPN/ABC games would get at min $2 mil per team annum.  The other available 24 football games CBSsports or BYUtv or Hawaii Oceanic could air putting every game on tv and getting each school around $4-10 mil total with a good basketball package.

Or they could just join the MW in all sports.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

AFA at the Cheez Bowl.

There's nothing like putting your ignorance on display for all to see.  If there is an opening in the Cheeze-It bowl, they have the second choice, behind Las Vegas, but before Hawaii/Potato/New Mexico/Arizona.  They will be taking the second place team / loser of the conference championship, Fresno State.

If BYU gets bowl eligible (Still a big "if".  I'm betting U Mass hands you your butts on a platter.), you'll be in the "Who Cares" Bowl vs the sixth place team in the Sun Belt.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, RamSack said:

Or they could just join the MW in all sports.

Not opposed but it does water down what everyone gets in money.  The original MWC with TCU is my preferred lineup but that is not a possibility.  Nevada has great basketball but I have no connection to them or SJSU.  So...not overly thrilled to be in that marriage.  Still CSU, AFA, UNM, and Wyoming are/were some of my favorite games.

3 hours ago, suralexander said:

Everyone knows Women’s volleyball drives the bus. It’s the front porch to the university.