Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

Video Games thread

On 11/14/2018 at 3:52 PM, Rofl_copter_dos said:

anyone play the new Doom?

I did for about two hours on the easiest difficulty... then I uninstalled it because it was too intense. I would have +++++ing loved it 15 years ago, but not so much these days. :lol:

31 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I did for about two hours on the easiest difficulty... then I uninstalled it because it was too intense. I would have +++++ing loved it 15 years ago, but not so much these days. :lol:

lmao, ok gramps

On 11/2/2018 at 10:19 AM, retrofade said:

The person who thought that online multiplayer only Fallout was a good idea needs to be thrown out a window.

Couldn't get enough of Fallout 4 but 76 with the multiplayer thing didn't seem too enticing to me (hardly play multiplayer games at all anymore) but after reading this article I think I'll try it this weekend.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2018/11/16/ten-things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-fallout-76/#53bbfe153c39

On 10/31/2018 at 9:15 AM, retrofade said:

PC and PS4 here. I don't do a lot of gaming these days because I'm busy working on finishing school up (finally). I used to be an avid WoW player for a decade or so, but I've moved on from it. Lately I've been playing Diablo 3 with some friends from high school when I have a spare minute, but they passed me up long ago, so I won't bother much until the new season starts in December, since I'll be done with school by then. 

I did get RDR2 with some gift cards I got from work, and I've put about two hours into it so far.

WOW, figures.  The easy mode game for stupid people.

I bet you haven't ever tried Hardcore Diablo 3 either.

Pulled the trigger on a PS4 VR bundle during Black Friday. Anyone else dabbling in the VR realm? It was the ASTRO Bot & Moss bundle. Then I got the move controllers and Creed on the cheap from GameStop. Haven’t tried Creed yet but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with everything else so far. 

Play on PS4 here. Currently playing through Borderlands: The Pre Sequel, Ratchet & Clank (remake), and picked up Fallout 76.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

On 11/16/2018 at 10:52 PM, bluerules009 said:

WOW, figures.  The easy mode game for stupid people.

I bet you haven't ever tried Hardcore Diablo 3 either.

d3 sux and you know it. 

Variant hardcore stuff on D2 is much better. I'm no sulla or sirian but that's kind of my mdoel when I play

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

d3 sux and you know it. 

Variant hardcore stuff on D2 is much better. I'm no sulla or sirian but that's kind of my mdoel when I play

D3 certainly can't hold a candle to D2: LoD... but I can still get some enjoyment out of it if I'm playing with friends. 

Oh, and I don't know if I ever responded to toolsy on this subject, but I played D2: LoD hardcore on US-West... I had both a Necro (summoner) and a Paladin (Hammerdin). 

@Rofl_copter_dos @retrofade

I know you guys play PC so I thought I could get your opinion on something. I'm looking to upgrade my monitor, but I don't want to break the bank on some high end 4k one because my current rig can't handle it. I have a single monitor that's 1080 I got 6 years ago, but I'm looking to expand with 2 that are 1440. I like the 1440 monitors because of the high refresh rate and older video cards are able to keep up. I currently have a NVIDIA GTX 760, but looking to upgrade in the coming months. Do you guys have dual monitors, single, or extra wide? What's your take on the wide curved monitors? 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

Guest RoscoesDad

FIFA 19 is pretty awesome.  Although they still haven't figured out what a foul is.  The AI absolutely murders you all game long with red cards galore and you might get one foul called.