Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

UNLV Basketball

I'm excited to see how last year's freshmen have progressed and to see who our alpha guard will be now that Jojo is gone. Who gets the ball with 7 seconds left to win the game?

Interested to see how this team does.  Hoping for a top 3 finish.  Don't think anyone comes close to UNR, but maybe UNLV can close the gap with the upper part of the conference.  This is the first UNLV team in a long time to return a lot of players.  Outside shooting may be their Achilles heel, and they will need to rely on defense to keep them in.  Sounded like they are focusing more on the zone that Menzies ran at NMSU.  I've wondered where that has been the last two years as his Aggie teams were always tough defensively.  Maybe now with some of his guys in he feels comfortable going that direction.  Lord knows we can't get any worse defensively than what we saw last year.  

1 hour ago, 4UNLV said:

Yours doesn’t count. 

4 pages of in-depth expert analysis and commentary doesn’t count????

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Team should be better on defense by replacing Mccoy with Mbacke, Jordy with Noah and Dembele with Tchatchoua.

The bench is bigger and way deeper. The only guard off the bench was Hardy. Beck and Juiston should be better.

There might be a drop off in defense at SG. I think Mooring was an underrated defender. Drew a lot of charges. 

6 hours ago, qwelish said:

Team should be better on defense by replacing Mccoy with Mbacke, Jordy with Noah and Dembele with Tchatchoua.

The bench is bigger and way deeper. The only guard off the bench was Hardy. Beck and Juiston should be better.

There might be a drop off in defense at SG. I think Mooring was an underrated defender. Drew a lot of charges. 

Going to be interesting to see the mix UNLV has - Guess this is the "base" that Menzies has talked about - getting guys who come in as freshmen that stay and grow over 3 to 4 years then perhaps plug in the 5* 1 or 2 year guys here and there 

23 minutes ago, Rosegreen said:

Too many times the Vegas media hypes up the unlv programs. Football was going to be a bowl team, now people are saying a top 3 finish. I don’t know how anyone can make predictions without seeing the team play. 

Just be cautiously pessimistic like myself.  Keeps me happy.  

Here is to Big 3 getting back to business. :cheers: