retrofade

Coaches Poll is in....

You can tell that neither Fresno, USU, nor Houston are used to this ranking thing. The first time they get ranked this year, and it's like 5 year old kids fighting over whose father has the better job. Boise is the only ones who are used to it. They are the ones saying that we need to let it play out more. 

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

If UCF wins out then in my opinion they deserve to go.   

The gap between Houston and Fresno is more interesting as all the computer rankings have Fresno higher than Houston.  In many cases, Fresno is twice as high as Houston.   Essentially the same Fresno team beat essentially the same Houston team in last years bowl.  

You are underestimating Ed Oliver.  He's twice as good as last year.  He kept the Red Raiders in check.  They only got 605 passing yards...

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, callen said:

You can tell that neither Fresno, USU, nor Houston are used to this ranking thing. The first time they get ranked this year, and it's like 5 year old kids fighting over whose father has the better job. Boise is the only ones who are used to it. They are the ones saying that we need to let it play out more. 

No one is saying that fact.  We just find the massive jump interesting and those familiar with CA’s dirty underhanded politics from the UC’s suspicious. 

3 hours ago, Cougar King said:

The pollsters noticed we put up 49 points and over 500 yards on Texas Tech. Plus our perception and our conference perception far exceeds the MWC.

Texas Tech 63 

Houston 49

Did they see you allowed up to 63 points and over 700 yards against you?

• Like 1

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Still ranked higher than Fresno. Yall have no answer for that. Ahahahaha

• Facepalm 1

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

Congratulations to Fresno State and Utah State. Both good squads that need to make the most of their position.

I have severe problems with Houston (or any AAC team) going from the top 25 fringe to 17 out of nowhere.

That's AAC championship ratings manipulation being sown for a big metropolitan area. Temple may beat them, but if they do...they may just continue on the same shell game.

Texas, South Florida and Notre Dame have no business being where they are/were. They're decorated cannon fodder at their respective level of football. SEC poll bookmarkers with fans that can afford an overpriced ticket (to their soft teams getting killed).

In Houston's case, exchanging "X" AAC paper tigers for another is one way the press and coaches undermine the MWC's teams - and reality - to the encouragement of a higher advertising TV base.

Iowa hardly moving is definitely a head scratcher.

42 minutes ago, LetTheFurFly said:

Congratulations to Fresno State and Utah State. Both good squads that need to make the most of their position.

I have severe problems with Houston (or any AAC team) going from the the top 25 fringe to 17 out of nowhere.

That's AAC championship ratings manipulation being sown for a big metropolitan area. Temple may beat them, but if they do...they may just continue on the same shell game.

Texas, South Florida and Notre Dame have no business being where they are/were. They're decorated cannon fodder with a rich fan base. SEC poll bookmarks with fans that can to buy overpriced game tickets (to their soft teams getting killed).

In Houston's case, exchanging AAC paper tigers for another is one way the press and coaches undermine the MWC's teams - and reality - to the encouragement of a higher advertising TV base.

Iowa hardly moving is definitely a head scratcher.

P6 privlege. That's just the way things are.

If you guys would have invested in the MAC brand instead of letting Boise het all of the resources because y'all got desperate for them to stay, then maybe you could get some bias.

• Facepalm 1

For our alma mater cheer

For victory is near

9 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

If you guys would have invested in the MAC brand instead of letting Boise het all of the resources because y'all got desperate for them to stay, then maybe you could get some bias.

Privilege. And I'm glad you're aware of the BS your circumstance is breaded in.

It makes that dip into the deep fryer go that much more smoothly. In my case, I tend not to value opinions from the livestock being fattened. 

If you want real respect you still have reality to contend with. Good luck.

• Haha 2

This is a great season for the fans of MWC and AAC. Each conference has teams that might go to the NY6 bowl. Any team might slip. We will all be nervous on every step. Competition makes it much more interesting.

"Also I was just in Texas. Both in Dallas and Houston. I saw more SMU and UT-Dallas stuff than I saw UH stuff. Nobody in Texas cares about Houston. "

The quoted statement is incorrect. Any observation of the number of alumni would show it cannot be true. UH enrollment is about 70,000 If all UH satellite schools in the Houston area are included. Yes, they are different universities but their Diplomas all have the words "University of Houston". They are only separated to allow the main campus to compete for academic rankings. A real poll indicates otherwise. See: http://austin.culturemap.com/news/sports/11-13-13-poll-aggies-beat-longhorns-popular-popularity-texas-college-sports/

Good luck to you guys until you play us.

24 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

It's pretty sad that you have to come to a MWC (not MAC) board to prop up how awesome you think your team and conference are. 

"P6" is just as much of a joke as your team was in Hawai'i last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, since1670 said:

This is a great season for the fans of MWC and AAC. Each conference has teams that might go to the NY6 bowl. Any team might slip. We will all be nervous on every step. Competition makes it much more interesting.

"Also I was just in Texas. Both in Dallas and Houston. I saw more SMU and UT-Dallas stuff than I saw UH stuff. Nobody in Texas cares about Houston. "

The quoted statement is incorrect. Any observation of the number of alumni would show it cannot be true. UH enrollment is about 70,000 If all UH satellite schools in the Houston area are included. Yes, they are different universities but their Diplomas all have the words "University of Houston". They are only separated to allow the main campus to compete for academic rankings. A real poll indicates otherwise. See: http://austin.culturemap.com/news/sports/11-13-13-poll-aggies-beat-longhorns-popular-popularity-texas-college-sports/

Good luck to you guys until you play us.

Your shitty defense would get you curbstomped by Fresno, Utah State, and probably Boise for that matter.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cougar King said:

Fresno State 33

Houston 27

San Diego State 34

Houston 10

I can see why you're so salty towards the MWC. If you play against the MWC in a bowl game again this season, the MWC will stomp you again.

1 hour ago, TopLobo said:

Fresno State 33

Houston 27

San Diego State 34

Houston 10

I can see why you're so salty towards the MWC. If you play against the MWC in a bowl game again this season, the MWC will stomp you again.

Still ranked ahead of them both. Didn't New Mexico lose to FCS Sam Houston State not too long ago?

For our alma mater cheer

For victory is near