retrofade

Coaches Poll is in....

Still, four games to play so no big thing. USU has to play Boise and Fresno has to as well. Houston has games to play.whoknows with starters back Azecs might prove alittle pesky to Fresno comng off abig game with Boise state.(I doubt it0 POint is four games left two championship games AAC, MWC, and Bowls

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

14 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

The pollsters noticed we put up 49 points and over 500 yards on Texas Tech. Plus our perception and our conference perception far exceeds the MWC.

You're bragging about a game that you lost? A game in which you gave up 63 points?

giphy.gif

Oh, and the "pollsters" in this poll are generally the PR people for the schools that have coaches assigned to "vote" for them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

Keep on hating haters. We would steamroll the entire MWC. Nobody has held us under 41 points.

Houston is a decent team in a dumpster fire division of the most overrated conference in the history of the world. UH would struggle to finish any higher than 5th in the MWC. I also strongly suspect the Selection Committee won't have Houston nearly as high when the first CFP comes out. I do think Houston is the best team in the AAC though...UCF's current over ranking makes USF's over ranking from last week seem minor.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Houston is at 17... major overreaction to them beating an incredibly overrated USF team.

Yet Fresno and Utah State haven't beat anyone of note... for all we know they could be overrated also. 

Houston can at least hang their hat on a win against an unbeaten ranked opponent in what appears to be a tougher conference. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cardrater said:

Did you just look at the final score or did you actually watch the game. It was highly competitive until midway through the 4th....

I watched that game, and it wasn't nearly as competitive as you're making it out to be.

3 minutes ago, cardrater said:

Yet Fresno and Utah State haven't beat anyone of note... for all we know they could be overrated also. 

Houston can at least hang their hat on a win against an unbeaten ranked opponent in what appears to be a tougher conference. 

USF was an overrated team that barely hung on to beat freaking UConn. The AAC "appears" to be stronger because they've beaten up on more midgets than the MWC has. The top of that conference isn't any different than the top of ours is, and the bottom is just as terrible as the bottom of the MWC is.

• Like 1

Cincy and USF are both just outside the top-25....in theory the winner of the upcoming Cincy vs USF game at Nippert should be ranked the next week.

Houston has Memphis, Temple, and SMU coming up so we'll see if they can hold on to that ranking.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, retrofade said:

USF was an overrated team that barely hung on to beat freaking UConn. The AAC "appears" to be stronger because they've beaten up on more midgets than the MWC has. The top of that conference isn't any different than the top of ours is, and the bottom is just as terrible as the bottom of the MWC is.

And Fresno couldn’t hang on to beat Cellar dweller Minnesota... Boise, SDSU, And Nevada at one point got curbstomped in an OOC game. The AAC took care of business as overrated as you think any team is from there, they got it done. 

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Houston 17 is a joke. More proof these voters aren’t actually watching the games. 

Want to bet no PAC-12 coach voted for Fresno and they all probably pushed up Houston.   The PAC-12 is struggling for relevance and the last thing they want is a MWC team from one of their states in the access bowl.   

The SEC and ACC have no such concerns.

3 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

Cincy and USF are both just outside the top-25....in theory the winner of the upcoming Cincy vs USF game at Nippert should be ranked the next week.

Houston has Memphis, Temple, and SMU coming up so we'll see if they can hold on to that ranking.

Temple has really thrown a wrench into the AAC. Wildcard to steal some more “bids”

1 minute ago, cardrater said:

And Fresno couldn’t hang on to beat Cellar dweller Minnesota... Boise, SDSU, And Nevada at one point got curbstomped in an OOC game. The AAC took care of business as overrated as you think any team from there, they got it done. 

Yes, we lost to Minnesota, who is 4-4 overall, and not that far off from the 5-3 Texas Tech team that Houston lost to. My point is that the AAC has been overrated this year, and Houston is the beneficiary an overreaction for beating a paper tiger in USF yesterday.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I've watched Fresno, USU, and Houston and your team is the weakest of the three. That "great" Texas Tech win is looking worse every week. 

Also I was just in Texas. Both in Dallas and Houston. I saw more SMU and UT-Dallas stuff than I saw UH stuff. Nobody in Texas cares about Houston. That must suck for you. 

That's a huge lie but whatever you gotta say to make you feel better about yourself and shitty Wyo who can't even get 30k to their stadium

• Facepalm 1

Cougars fight for Dear ol' UofH

For our alma mater cheer

Fight for Houston University

For victory is near

When the going get so rough and tough

We never worry, CAUSE WE GOT THE STUFF!

So fight! Fight! Fight for Red and White!

And we will go to victory!

21 minutes ago, cardrater said:

The MWC will have a chance to climb if Fresno and USU win out. Would set up for a nice Champ game. UCF still has to go through the best of the AAC . 

If UCF wins out then in my opinion they deserve to go.   

The gap between Houston and Fresno is more interesting as all the computer rankings have Fresno higher than Houston.  In many cases, Fresno is twice as high as Houston.   Essentially the same Fresno team beat essentially the same Houston team in last years bowl.  

• Like 2