mugtang

Rank ‘Em

10 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

MWPOY State University

Choo Choo

Telemundo State University

————————————————

All that matters as the road to the MWCCG is through Boise. 

5KFAVpe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

MWPOY State University

Choo Choo

Telemundo State University

————————————————

All that matters as the road to the MWCCG is through Boise. 

This is good, although I would flip Choo Choo and Telemundo State because Choo Choo hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record (does anyone actually realize how weak their schedule has been so far?) and Telemundo has a P5 win and multiple W's over teams with winning records.

Oh well, doesn't really matter as MWPOY State University has already wrapped up the 2018 MWC Championship after defeating their nemesis last night.

• Like 1

I've said this before but it needs to be hammered home-- the unbalanced schedule thing is bullshit.  DIVISION record should be used to determine who goes to the conference championship game.  Utah State does not play Fresno, San Diego or Nevada this year.  That means that other than their game against Boise State, their second toughest conference game is Hawaii.  Every other team they face will be 6-6 or worse (Hawaii may very well end up 7-6).  Utah State may be good, but they haven't beaten a team with a winning record.  

26 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

This is good, although I would flip Choo Choo and Telemundo State because Choo Choo hasn't beaten anyone with a winning record (does anyone actually realize how weak their schedule has been so far?) and Telemundo has a P5 win and multiple W's over teams with winning records.

Oh well, doesn't really matter as MWPOY State University has already wrapped up the 2018 MWC Championship after defeating their nemesis last night.

Let’s not forget our quality loss’ huge victory last night!

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

I assume you’re giving me this because I ranked USU over Fresno?   

That or because you eliminated by far the best avatar in the known world. (Might be a better one in another galaxy but I doubt it.)

As for my opinion, I'm with Joe except that he dissed Hawaii, Wyoming and Air Force by lumping them in with the four truly awful members of the conference. Hawaii won at CSU after all, Wyo is only a new QB from being a .500 team and Air Force's five losses have all been by 10 points or less. In contrast, UNLV has given up exactly 200 points the last four weeks, SJSU hasn't beaten anybody with a pulse, UNM lost earlier this year to a school named Freedom or some such thing and just gave up an astounding 700+ yards in total offense to Utah State and CSU is paying its head coach more than anybody in the conference to have gone 2-9 against its three biggest rivals.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

50 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

I've said this before but it needs to be hammered home-- the unbalanced schedule thing is bullshit.  DIVISION record should be used to determine who goes to the conference championship game.  Utah State does not play Fresno, San Diego or Nevada this year.  That means that other than their game against Boise State, their second toughest conference game is Hawaii.  Every other team they face will be 6-6 or worse (Hawaii may very well end up 7-6).  Utah State may be good, but they haven't beaten a team with a winning record.  

Tell us about the plethora of teams on Fresno's schedule with winning records. 

2 minutes ago, AG Blue said:

Tell us about the plethora of teams on Fresno's schedule with winning records. 

Hawaii (who hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse) and Nevada, who is pretty decent.  I think there are reasons to not get too hyped about Fresno as well but Fresno was a good team last year and beat some quality opponents.  Utah State has had a losing record the past three years and almost never beats good teams.  

Tell me about Utah State's best win this CENTURY?  Is it one of the wins over an average BYU team or the 7 turnover win over Boise State?  When was the last time Utah State beat a P5 team that finished the season with a winning record?  There's reason for skepticism.  

43 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Hawaii (who hasn't beaten anyone with a pulse) and Nevada, who is pretty decent.  I think there are reasons to not get too hyped about Fresno as well but Fresno was a good team last year and beat some quality opponents.  Utah State has had a losing record the past three years and almost never beats good teams.  

Tell me about Utah State's best win this CENTURY?  Is it one of the wins over an average BYU team or the 7 turnover win over Boise State?  When was the last time Utah State beat a P5 team that finished the season with a winning record?  There's reason for skepticism.  

So two team that are slightly above .500 congrats. I haven't seen anyone making the argument that USU has played a tough schedule. Sagarin has Fresno at something like #91 for SOS and USU at #116 so again congratulations your sos is dominating USU by being so great. I guess if you want to hang your hat on the #91 sos go ahead. 

13 minutes ago, AG Blue said:

So two team that are slightly above .500 congrats. I haven't seen anyone making the argument that USU has played a tough schedule. Sagarin has Fresno at something like #91 for SOS and USU at #116 so again congratulations your sos is dominating USU by being so great. I guess if you want to hang your hat on the #91 sos go ahead. 

Dude, I don't give a shit about Fresno State (other than the fact that they appear to be objectively better from a neutral party's perspective).  The point was that the tiebreaker should be based on division record first.  Utah State has the easiest conference schedule ever.  They play one team with a pulse (Boise State) and if they lose that game, they shouldn't be playing in the Conference Championship Game. 

This scenario played out in 2013.  Utah State beat up on a bunch of crappy teams and lost to Boise State (the worst Boise State team to take the field this century BTW) and went to the CCG because Boise had losses to San Diego and Fresno.  The tiebreaker rules need to be changed.

Also, I answered your question, so why not answer mine?

Tell me about Utah State's best win this CENTURY?  Is it one of the wins over an average BYU team or the 7 turnover win over Boise State?  When was the last time Utah State beat a P5 team that finished the season with a winning record?   

1 hour ago, SLCPoke said:

USU@ Wyo

Fresno @ Home vs Wyo

Sean Chambers

Chambers has changed Wyoming's season and it has shown when he played vs USU and vs CSU.    The kid is going to be a stud.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CO_Poke said:

Chambers has changed Wyoming's season and it has shown when he played vs USU and vs CSU.    The kid is going to be a stud.

Agreed.  Wyoming has a legit shot at going 6-6 now, but as there is more tape on him, teams are going to be able to game plan for him better and his runs aren't going to be quite as effective.  True freshman have a tendency to try to do too much with the ball (they don't trust their teammates as much) and this can lead to mistakes.

12 minutes ago, CO_Poke said:

Yeah, Chambers has looked good so far. Back-to-back 100 yard rushing games and 210 pass eff. For the style of play Bohl likes, having a very mobile QB that only has to throw 10-15 times a game is a good fit.

• Like 2