Lol@ByU

BYU still sucks

Guest #1Stunner
12 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Don’t act like you have some sweet bowl tie in situation, clown. If you went undefeated you’d be stuck outside the NY6. 

I sure hope not!

So you think Fresno will be in the New Mexico or the Potato this year?

4 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Current BYU record:  4 Wins, 4 Losses (unacceptable!!!!!).

Current interest in BYU football:  Off the charts!

(this thread is evidence of the huge passion surrounding BYU football, the most discussed, most followed team in the MWC).   The passion is huge.

Remaining Games:

at Boise (this game is going to be huge, and a sure sell out....hardly any tickets left)

at UMass (game will be simulcast on BYUtv and NESN)

NMSU (an annual Independent School rivalry)

@ Utah (the Holy War)

BYU has got to get bowl eligible!   And BYU has got to beat Boise.    I think it is likely that BYU beats NMSU and UMass, that they probably lose to Utah, and that Boise vs BYU is a toss up.

Bowl Game Prediction:   BYU vs MWC #2 in the New Mexico Bowl.

How does it make you feel that the game with Utah state is the one the matters and BYU is nothing more than a exhibition that we need to get through without injury’s. A loss to BYU means nothing. 

Guest #1Stunner
28 minutes ago, Lol@ByU said:

How does it make you feel that the game with Utah state is the one the matters and BYU is nothing more than a exhibition that we need to get through without injury’s. A loss to BYU means nothing. 

You've persuaded me.  Clearly, you hardly think about BYU.   

"without injury's".   When did you graduate from Boise State?

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 5:53 PM, Lol@ByU said:

BYU what hurts more 

Bronco doing great at Virginia 

Utah kicking butt inside track to rose bowl

Being pasted by Utah State

Being owned by Boise State

Glad Bronco is finding success.  Loved him as a coach and would have liked to keep him.

Utah began their long road of success back in 1994 IMO.  I have watched them since then including the road game at KU in the 90's where they were up 14-0 before I even got in the stadium.  Loved seeing the Big8 fans shocked to see a WAC team obliterate them on their home turf.  Since then Utah has made great hiring decisions and invested in their football program.  Proud of what they have become and would love to see them in the Rose Bowl.

Utah St is looking really good and may win the MWC.  Not bad for a program that was nearly left out of the MWC.  My dad graduated from Utah St and I have always cheered them on. 

BSU has one of the winningest programs the past 25 years.  You might as well of put in there owned by Michigan. 

There is an old saying in that you should be careful of the company you keep.  The idea is that you may become like those you associate with.  Currently the only other independent programs in football are programs that have no conference offers.  UMass, Liberty, and NMSU.  Yes I know Notre Dame but they are pretty much an ACC school.  Army does have a invite to the AAC but is sitting on it from what I understand, however my point is that BYU is beginning to resemble NMSU in more and more ways. 

Perhaps BYU should become a farming university to both Utah and Utah St where if our junior and seniors are good enough they can transfer on to Utah or USU.  The rivalry with Utah is one sided and Utah completely owns BYU at football.  This is not going to change anytime soon and honestly I believe the Utah fans are becoming bored with the game.  Sure they love to pound on BYU but the drama is pretty well gone.  There is an expectation that Utah will win, the game will be close because Whittingham will not run up the score on a close friend.  If Bronco were there you could expect a blowout this year. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm not too worried about BYU.   BYU has a large fan following, which is the key ingredient to achieving success.

I'd be more worried if BYU was like the Twins (Fresno and SJSU), both of whom have very poor attendance.   You two have to be worried about such poor fan support, I'm sure.

Schools like SDSU and Boise are at the top of the MWC because they have fans that care.   It's always been that way.   

What is Fresno/SJSU doing to try an get fan support?   Why can't you guys sell tickets?

Meh. Although with the late starts it's grown more and more difficult to motivate myself to travel down to SD, I still catch about 4 home games per season, or about the same number I did a decade ago when the Aztecs were awful but KOs were typically at about 5:00 PST rather than 7:30. From that it's apparent to me that despite the big improvement in W-Ls, SDSU lost a generation of football fans by allowing its football program to become so awful in the nineties. There are simply almost no late-30s and early-40 somethings who attend games. I might wonder if it's because they're too busy raising kids but plenty of them come to basketball games so it doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude why that might be.

Boom goes the dynamite.

48 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

“So, what are you supposed to be?”

“The future of BYU football, duh” 

Exactly. Utah’s new AD is currently in the war room trying to figure out how to get more donations, more sponsors to add to our budget that has increased 100% over 8 years and putting the final touches on our stadium expansion project the next couple of years. With one eye on the recent CFP rankings.

Meanwhile, Tom is on social media in costumes while his money producing programs are falling apart like rotting meat and fans are pulling away in droves in an Indy structure that is an embarrassing disaster.

Looks like someone will be kicking road apples soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, suralexander said:

Glad Bronco is finding success.  Loved him as a coach and would have liked to keep him.

Utah began their long road of success back in 1994 IMO.  I have watched them since then including the road game at KU in the 90's where they were up 14-0 before I even got in the stadium.  Loved seeing the Big8 fans shocked to see a WAC team obliterate them on their home turf.  Since then Utah has made great hiring decisions and invested in their football program.  Proud of what they have become and would love to see them in the Rose Bowl.

Utah St is looking really good and may win the MWC.  Not bad for a program that was nearly left out of the MWC.  My dad graduated from Utah St and I have always cheered them on. 

BSU has one of the winningest programs the past 25 years.  You might as well of put in there owned by Michigan. 

There is an old saying in that you should be careful of the company you keep.  The idea is that you may become like those you associate with.  Currently the only other independent programs in football are programs that have no conference offers.  UMass, Liberty, and NMSU.  Yes I know Notre Dame but they are pretty much an ACC school.  Army does have a invite to the AAC but is sitting on it from what I understand, however my point is that BYU is beginning to resemble NMSU in more and more ways. 

Perhaps BYU should become a farming university to both Utah and Utah St where if our junior and seniors are good enough they can transfer on to Utah or USU.  The rivalry with Utah is one sided and Utah completely owns BYU at football.  This is not going to change anytime soon and honestly I believe the Utah fans are becoming bored with the game.  Sure they love to pound on BYU but the drama is pretty well gone.  There is an expectation that Utah will win, the game will be close because Whittingham will not run up the score on a close friend.  If Bronco were there you could expect a blowout this year. 

Wow.  Are you sure you're a BYU fan?

OK that was a cheap shot, but insight and humility are not qualities we associate with BYU fans.

Things do not look good for BYU going forward.  USU gets about 80% of our starters back next year, plus some good transfers.  The game next year will be in Logan.  Nothing is certain except death and taxes, but I think there's a high probability that we win again.  That would be the first three win streak in the series for USU since '72-'74.

Honestly, I don't see BYU beating Utah in the foreseeable future.

I've looked at BYU's schedule for 2019 and 2020.  I've tried to take off my Aggie blue glasses and be objective as possible.  I don't see more than 5 wins in 2019 (and even that would be a stretch).  I don't see more than 4 wins in 2020 (again, even that is a stretch).  Playing great teams doesn't do you much good if they're always beating you.

If BYU is consistently having losing seasons, Utah is contending for PAC-12 championships, and Utah State is contending for MWC championships, how is recruiting going to go, going forward?  Being LDS and growing up a BYU fan will still get you some kids, but even some kids in that mold will, reluctantly I'm sure, chose to go to a program where they can win and showcase their talents.

If you're a perennially losing program with shrinking fan support and eroding recruiting, what kind of a deal is ESPN (which has its own financial problems) going to give you going forward?

Personally, I think the future of BYU football is bleak.  Having lived through the era of LaVell running up the score, and demanding 3 for 1 deals in scheduling, frankly, I can't say that I'm sorry.  Payback is a female dog.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, suralexander said:

It’s not good for the non PAC-12 west to lose a strong BYU.  Nor is it good for the MWC to have multiple packages available in the 7:30 pm time slot.   Ideally we would have one package with the stipulation that if you bid one game (Mountain Division) goes in the 4:00 Pacific time slot and one game in the Pacific time slot (West Division).  If we had only one package ESPN and CBSSports could fight who will have 7:30 content or force the Smack 12 to play all their games at 7:30.