Lol@ByU

BYU still sucks

13 minutes ago, godogsgo said:

Dont you get to remotely baptise people?  So, declare Lane Kiffen saved or something...

yep.  what good are all those missionaries if they cant convert a big name fb coach?   (i jest i jest)

• Haha 1

Guest #1Stunner
1 minute ago, Billings said:

yep.  what good are all those missionaries if they cant convert a big name fb coach?   (i jest i jest)

Ummm....

Kellen Moore?   He's golden!!! 

13 hours ago, Billings said:

sitake was your third choice as first two said no thanks. many think they cant win at byu.  career killer job

That last line is BYU's biggest issue in hiring someone new.  While it could be a step up conceptually for some young up-and-coming coach, they've all seen the tremendous obstacles to success at BYU and would take almost any other option to continue their career path on an upward trajectory.

I mean, what would Sitake's next job be? #bigskydefensivecoordinator

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Lol@ByU said:

Did you see the state of Utah has 2 top 25 football programs. 

The State of Utah has has 4 programs ranked in the top 25 this season.

Very impressive.

16 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The head coach at BYU must be Mormon.

So in other words, despite the fact Brian Billick has said he might consider returning to coaching and despite the fact Billick is a damn good coach and despite the fact Billick played football at BYU and despite the fact he's still just 64, because Billick isn't a Mormon, he would be out of the question? Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Brigham . . .

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

25 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

So in other words, despite the fact Brian Billick has said he might consider returning to coaching and despite the fact Billick is a damn good coach and despite the fact Billick played football at BYU and despite the fact he's still just 64, because Billick isn't a Mormon, he would be out of the question? Jesus, Mary, Joseph and Brigham . . .

#weexcludegentiles

• Haha 1

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Guest #1Stunner
34 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

15 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yes. 

8 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

#weexcludegentiles

Brian Billick?

Coach Billick is too old.

He seems content to be a regular commentator on BYUtv, but that's it.

4 hours ago, SparkysDad said:

That last line is BYU's biggest issue in hiring someone new.  While it could be a step up conceptually for some young up-and-coming coach, they've all seen the tremendous obstacles to success at BYU and would take almost any other option to continue their career path on an upward trajectory.

I mean, what would Sitake's next job be? #bigskydefensivecoordinator

BYU is really in a bad position.  They want to compete like a big boy team but clearly can’t consistently handle their front loaded P5 schedule. They simply don’t have the talent. They might pull a frog out of their ass here and their but it’s clear to see, they are in over their heads. Then their attendance falls apart with their back end filler home games. Not to mention, are dropping games they should win. Which is another reason this Indy path in an embarrassing disaster. Bronco was smart and left to a better situation. I’m not sure which coach could handle this model given their restrictions.  

Watch at the end of the year when Utah demolishes this sack of shit team and it will just make the point even more clear. Hell, USU smacked them, so will Boise.

Realistically, they are probably the 4th or 5th best team in the state after Utah, USU, Weber St. and maybe Salt Lake Community College. Good times for Camp Delusion in Provo.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Yep. And it isn't enough to just be Mormon. You have to be a "temple worthy" Mormon, which basically means that you pay tithing and you don't drink coffee or cheat on your wife or break any of the other rules that Mormons are supposed to obey. So that might exclude someone like Mike Leach, for example. (I don't know if anyone knows for sure if Mike Leach is "temple worthy," but there are reasons to believe that he might not be.) I know that USU's Stew Morrill was never seriously considered as a replacement for Steve Cleveland because (among other reasons) Stew is Mormon but isn't a "temple worthy" Mormon.

8 minutes ago, StanfordAggie said:

Yep. And it isn't enough to just be Mormon. You have to be a "temple worthy" Mormon, which basically means that you pay tithing and you don't drink coffee or cheat on your wife or break any of the other rules that Mormons are supposed to obey. So that might exclude someone like Mike Leach, for example. (I don't know if anyone knows for sure if Mike Leach is "temple worthy," but there are reasons to believe that he might not be.) I know that USU's Stew Morrill was never seriously considered as a replacement for Steve Cleveland because (among other reasons) Stew is Mormon but isn't a "temple worthy" Mormon.

I thought Stunner was claiming the list of LDS coaches clamoring to get this job was long and wrapped around the Provo temple? Starting with Andy Reid.

My oh my, the frustrational delusion only gets worse.  It’s just too bad BYU thought they were on the same level as Utah by leaving a perfectly good conference. I fear they will shut down football before they swallow their pride and come home to the MWC.

I love watching this train wreck though.

• Like 2

I don’t know why this is news. BYU is irrelevant. A mid-to-low Group of 5 team in Utah. They don’t deserve their own thread. The only reason they’re even being discussed is because their fans and followers are some of the worst human beings on this planet. So we all point and laugh. I guess I can get on board with that. Lol. 

• Like 6

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg