youngredbullfan

Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Saw a PBS bit just now on the aftermath of the shooting in the Pittsburgh neighborhood, which is historically predominantly Jewish. Turns out the ER Surgeon and Head Nurse working on the shooter were both Jewish. 

Better men than I. I'd have had a slip of the scalpel if I were working on that piece of trash....

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Saw a PBS bit just now on the aftermath of the shooting in the Pittsburgh neighborhood, which is historically predominantly Jewish. Turns out the ER Surgeon and Head Nurse working on the shooter were both Jewish. 

Movies and literature love to use those kind of karma moments.  It's even sweeter when it happens in reality.  If he needed blood units, I hope he finds out that it was "Jewish blood" that helped save his life.  Don't expect it to bring a epiphany for him, but it would be great. 

• Like 2

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

8 hours ago, mysfit said:

I can't explain them. Their claim is that they promote true free speech. As in hate speech is allowed.

Their ISP dropped them so they are scrambling at the moment.

I thought you was putting odds on the next shooting. I am sorry, I misread your message. My apologies sir.

9 hours ago, sean327 said:

That has always puzzled me. Why do people like Duke and many Evangelicals who otherwise hate Jews support Israel? I think the answer to that is rooted very deeply in the misinterpretation of the Book of Revelations. These people really don't care about the Jewish people, they care about the end prophesy. Many would delight in the destruction of the Jewish people.

Christian dogma. Readers Digest version. They believe that Israel has to exist in order for Jesus to come back. Then kill all the Jews who won’t accept him as their savior. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, toonkee said:

Are you ever concerned that they may determine what you want to say to be hate speech or otherwise unacceptable in some way.

She’s mistaken in saying they want free speech. They want freedom to spew their vile ideology, which is protected under free speech. But their is nothing in their ethos that resembles anything like holding the position of free speech. Everything they believe is inherently illiberal, it runs completely counter to a liberal ideal like free speech. But they champion it because their vile ideas are so outside the mainstream that they must be shielded by it. Make no mistake, were they in power they wouldn’t countenance views opposed to theirs at all. They would make all effort to silence people saying things they don’t like. Unfortunately, this illiberal view on speech isn’t held by only the scum of society.

• Like 6

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

16 hours ago, Joe from WY said:

The idea of the scheming Jew goes back to Medieval times really, though with Jews as tax collectors and the like. And other examples exist too, I mean, look at Merchant of Venice. 

Even the Romans destroyed the Temple. Though I don't know that that was necessarily anti-Semitism as much as it was putting down a rebellious province and imposing Latin superiority on the Levant. 

Yep, the scheming Jew archetype has been around forever and was associated with Christian perceptions of usury. But the whole contamination of the race and nation thing was a relatively morerecent development.

Its fascinating how racial anti-Semitism that developed in the late 1800s just took longstanding religious anti-Judaism stereotypes and prejudices and ran with it, injecting blood and biology into their hatred and coming up with something even more vile and dangerous. 

• Like 2
On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

So team Trump is trying to spin this as an attack on people of faith, not necessarily Jews. 

I'll let you figure out why.

Trump has to go. Republicans, get another Republican. Do the right thing.

56 minutes ago, toonkee said:

So team Trump is trying to spin this as an attack on people of faith, not necessarily Jews. 

I'll let you figure out why.

Trump has to go. Republicans, get another Republican. Do the right thing.

i saw that 

major facepalm

The media calls Trump anti-semetic, and says "nationalist" is a dog whistle for anti jew.   Never mind his daughter has become jewish and his grand-kids are jewish.  And that Trump is staunch ally of Israel.   And the guy who shot up the synagogue was anti Trump as well because of Trump's support of Israel and Jews.   

Once again though, its A-OK for media and late night comedians to talk garbage about Trump, but if someone says something back then  oh, well thats not right~!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

i saw that 

major facepalm

I guess I don't see the major facepalm that you and  @toonkee see,  There is quite a bit of anti religious bigotry sewn.  I don't like Trump and I do want to see a different GOP in the WH.  But man, they were shot in a synagogue.  Of course it was anti religious, right?

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I guess I don't see the major facepalm that you and  @toonkee see,  There is quite a bit of anti religious bigotry sewn.  I don't like Trump and I do want to see a different GOP in the WH.  But man, they were shot in a synagogue.  Of course it was anti religious, right?

the man wasn't blamed for having anti-religious animosity

the culture of america that doesn't respect God was blamed.  blamed for what, exactly?  well, she didn't say.  it's loosely implied, nudged, and winked at, that this is all part of the media's "fault."  that journalists and comedians have sown discord and the chickens are coming home to roost.

but the guy didn't attack people who attack religion.  he attacked old ladies and old men of a religion because he believes warped conspiracy theories that Jews are already at war with him and have already inflicted major damage against him and his kind.

spinning the problem as being part of anti-religiosity in america completely is like blaming the color orange because you stubbed your toe.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pokerider said:

The media calls Trump anti-semetic, and says "nationalist" is a dog whistle for anti jew.   Never mind his daughter has become jewish and his grand-kids are jewish.  And that Trump is staunch ally of Israel.   And the guy who shot up the synagogue was anti Trump as well because of Trump's support of Israel and Jews.   

Once again though, its A-OK for media and late night comedians to talk garbage about Trump, but if someone says something back then  oh, well thats not right~!  

This is not about Trump being anti-semetic.

I'll spell some of it out for you.

By saying this was an attack on people of faith, he makes a claim of victimhood for his Christian supporters.

And who is more secular than conservatives? That's right, liberals. Conservatives are now the victims here and liberals are kind of on the other side.

Trump is a staunch ally of Israel because Adelson has given 100+ million to Republicans in the midterms alone, but that's another topic.

12 minutes ago, pokebball said:

No one denies it’s anti-religious. It’s the attribution of the origin of this sentiment to late-night TV comedians that draws the facepalm. 

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

30 minutes ago, pokerider said:

The media calls Trump anti-semetic,

Yes, dumb

30 minutes ago, pokerider said:

and says "nationalist" is a dog whistle for anti jew.   

It is for some people. There's a big network out there where free trade is synonymous with JEW CONTROL!!!!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

27 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

the man wasn't blamed for having anti-religious animosity

the culture of america that doesn't respect God was blamed.  blamed for what, exactly?  well, she didn't say.  it's loosely implied, nudged, and winked at, that this is all part of the media's "fault."  that journalists and comedians have sown discord and the chickens are coming home to roost.

but the guy didn't attack people who attack religion.  he attacked old ladies and old men of a religion because he believes warped conspiracy theories that Jews are already at war with him and have already inflicted major damage against him and his kind.

spinning the problem as being part of anti-religiosity in america completely is like blaming the color orange because you stubbed your toe.

I must watch more Bill Maher than you do.

I didn't hear Conway blaming it all on late night dudes.  And without any doubt they hit religion pretty dang hard.  They are part of he culture we live in today.  I don't think you should read any more into her words than that.  As you admitted, you are running with, it's loosely implied, nudged, and winked at, 

39 minutes ago, pokerider said:

Please post link to back up this allegation.

The media may have called many Trump supporters anti-Semitic; that's different than calling Trump an anti-Semite. 

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I didn't hear Conway blaming it all on late night dudes.  And without any doubt they hit religion pretty dang hard.  They are part of he culture we live in today.  I don't think you should read any more into her words than that.  As you admitted, you are running with, it's loosely implied, nudged, and winked at, 

Well duh! Bill Maher is very open about being an atheist. Of course he thinks all religion is stupid.

38 minutes ago, pokebball said:

conway said on fox: https://www.businessinsider.com/kellyanne-conway-blames-pittsburgh-shooting-on-anti-religiosity-2018-10

"The late night comedians. The un-funny people on TV shows. It's always anti-religious. And remember, these people were gunned down in their place of worship ... as were the people in South Carolina several years ago. And they were there because they're people of faith and it's that faith that needs to bring us together.  This is no time to be driving God out of the public square. No time to be making fun of people."

The context of the conversation was the shooting.  they were listing off victims.  then she went straight to those comments ^^^

she's stood by trump from day 1.  trump consistently blames the biased mainstream media and the left bent of journalism for all sorts of problems.  this is no different.  there is absolutely a "haha religion is dumb and so are its adherents" streak to the producers (not executive producers, but a loose and general term for anyone involved in content creation) of tv, movies, radio, and film.  i see it all the time.  there's a broadway show about my very own religion mocking the living shit out of it, and by extension, me.  that's my problem, tho, i need thicker skin.  anyway -- yes, i get it.  but this guy's actions weren't anti-religious, they were anti-semitic.  the former is too broad to be applicable.  the latter very much applies.

if you think she meant something different, by all means, offer up your interpretation.

42 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

conway said on fox: https://www.businessinsider.com/kellyanne-conway-blames-pittsburgh-shooting-on-anti-religiosity-2018-10

"The late night comedians. The un-funny people on TV shows. It's always anti-religious. And remember, these people were gunned down in their place of worship ... as were the people in South Carolina several years ago. And they were there because they're people of faith and it's that faith that needs to bring us together.  This is no time to be driving God out of the public square. No time to be making fun of people."

The context of the conversation was the shooting.  they were listing off victims.  then she went straight to those comments ^^^

she's stood by trump from day 1.  trump consistently blames the biased mainstream media and the left bent of journalism for all sorts of problems.  this is no different.  there is absolutely a "haha religion is dumb and so are its adherents" streak to the producers (not executive producers, but a loose and general term for anyone involved in content creation) of tv, movies, radio, and film.  i see it all the time.  there's a broadway show about my very own religion mocking the living shit out of it, and by extension, me.  that's my problem, tho, i need thicker skin.  anyway -- yes, i get it.  but this guy's actions weren't anti-religious, they were anti-semitic.  the former is too broad to be applicable.  the latter very much applies.

if you think she meant something different, by all means, offer up your interpretation.

She said they say anti religious things.  They do.  I didn't hear it as blaming all of it on them.  My interpretation is that simple.

I think it was anti religious