LaradiseCowboy

OFFICIAL - Border War Thread. Wyoming @ CSU

54 minutes ago, SLCPoke said:

Trust us, they have been every time we have lost to them the last 3 times we have played them. 

The question is....do we burn Sean Chambers’ redshirt or sit him out in one of the last 3 games?

SJSU seems like the most likely game that we don’t start him in.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

12 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

The question is....do we burn Sean Chambers’ redshirt or sit him out in one of the last 3 games?

Keep playing him until we lose and then see if there's a way to keep his redshirt. We have to win out to make a bowl, no sense in gambling that chance away

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Chambers, the heir apparent to Wentz and Allen is going to forego his senior season to go pro anyway so we might as well burn his redshirt and win out :P.

Too bold a prediction?

Seriously though, I'm sick and tired of losing to San Jose.  I say play Chambers against San Jose and Air Force for sure.  If the Cowboys win both then it comes down to how much we want a shot at a bowl game.  

2 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Chambers, the heir apparent to Wentz and Allen is going to forego his senior season to go pro anyway so we might as well burn his redshirt and win out :P.

Too bold a prediction?

Seriously though, I'm sick and tired of losing to San Jose.  I say play Chambers against San Jose and Air Force for sure.  If the Cowboys win both then it comes down to how much we want a shot at a bowl game.  

I don’t think it’s too bold of prediction. I’ve always had the mentality of “all in or nothing”. I’ve seen a lot of expectation management coming from Pokes fans with regard to Sean Chambers, but talent is talent.

I have no doubt he’ll become an impact player for Wyoming as long as he stays healthy. Might be a tad early to say he’ll make an NFL roster though haha.

The goal should be to get bowl eligible without burning Chambers’ redshirt.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

12 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Keep playing him until we lose and then see if there's a way to keep his redshirt. We have to win out to make a bowl, no sense in gambling that chance away

Yes, burn his redshirt.  If he can play then he doesn't need to redshirt.  Redshirts should be for players who are not ready and players that are just behind others and wouldn't much play anyway.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

We should play to win, worrying about redshirting a kid who is clearly the path to wins seems like a losers strategy. 

• Like 4

tetons1.jpg

Had a great time Friday night!  Not going to lie-Little jealous of the Rams stadium.  I will say I could not see the big screen from where the visitors sit but luckily the Rams tradition of leaving early third quarter allowed the wife and I an opportunity to grab much better seats :).

Ram fans were nice in  that beaten down way Wyoming fans have also become accustomed to.  Entry lines were quick as were most of the beer lines.  Bathrooms were nice minus puking CSU students :P.

Cowboy fans-  Of course you play Chambers as long as we can!  I think we would all be happy with three more years of good QB play!   Also, Nico is a stud!

• Like 4

On 10/28/2018 at 7:53 AM, pokerider said:

Yes, burn his redshirt.  If he can play then he doesn't need to redshirt.  Redshirts should be for players who are not ready and players that are just behind others and wouldn't much play anyway.  

Agree 100%.  Finishing the season .500, making a bowl game and hopefully winning that bowl game will in part salvage what has been a major setback season for Cowboy football.  I'll go one further, the Cowboy defense DESERVES that the offense puts it's best foot forward.  Especially the defensive seniors Wingard, Cain, Epps, Granderson, Prosser, Malauula, Pownell, Pilapill and Hull that have given so much to Cowboy football!

• Like 2