LaradiseCowboy

OFFICIAL - Border War Thread. Wyoming @ CSU

6 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

Honestly a cool stadium and intro.  I think ram fans need to question Bobos recruiting and coaching.  Don't get me wrong there are some quality players there but also some real stinkers who played significant minutes.  

I am surprised that Chambers played as well as he did in his first start.  I think we may have found Allen's replacement.  He's still a little raw throwing the ball but I think he'll get there.

• Like 2

I'd say congrats to Wyoming for the win, but CSU never really came out to play. So, I guess, sorry for not making a sport of it and enjoy the boot for another year.

1 hour ago, Wyoguns said:

Honestly a cool stadium and intro.  I think ram fans need to question Bobos recruiting and coaching.  Don't get me wrong there are some quality players there but also some real stinkers who played significant minutes.  

I am surprised that Chambers played as well as he did in his first start.  I think we may have found Allen's replacement.  He's still a little raw throwing the ball but I think he'll get there.

Rams do pre-game really well. Not so much when the whistle blows.

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

I'm tempted to make a thread about Wyoming's chances the next few games. Something about winning out, or maybe about sending in the clowns. Any advice before i pull the trigger?

San Jose is an easy win.  Air Force and UNM will be a bit more difficult but certainly doable.

1 hour ago, Swexy said:

Bohl may have saved his job by keeping the Boot in Laramie another year.

He wasnt going anywhere regardless. 

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

Bobo salary: $1,800,000 with $8,000,000 buyout 

If CSU doesn't win another game this season, which it looks like they won't, this season may cost the school #3,266,666.67 per win.

Carry on.

I don't think CSU lost due to coaching offensively, they couldn't run the ball so started passing on first down and got killed on 2 big turnovers.  Even when Pokes were up 27-14 I was worried there was still plenty of time for them to score 2 TD's.  Defensively CSU got beat but also just didn't seem to know what to do on several plays.  They would stop Pokes on one play then seem to give up 12 yards on the next.  

Also the biggest reason Pokes won was they made the big plays.  Both Nico Evans and Chambers made the big plays which have been so hard to come by this year.  Nico Evans is quite amazing isn't he?  He's not the biggest or strongest or fastest running back in the league but he knows how to run the ball!  If Pokes record was better, Evans would be right up there for Offensive MVP this year.  As it is he'll probably finish 3rd. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HR_Poke said:

More accurate than vanderwall by far

Perhaps as important if not more Chambers is not afraid to pull the trigger.  Be it to tuck the ball and run or to throw from the pocket or on the move.  Except for NMSU TVW just hasn't looked comfortable in the pocket or on the move.  I think that might be a large part of TVW's issues is that he's indecisive and therefore when he does make a decision often he's not fully committed to it or its too late.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

San Jose is an easy win.  Air Force and UNM will be a bit more difficult but certainly doable.

This has proven not to be the case for Wyoming.  Cowboys are 0-3 vs SJSU since they joined the MWC.  I hope the Cowboy offense has turned the corner but as putrid as they've been prior to the Border War no game should be considered easy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Perhaps as important if not more Chambers is not afraid to pull the trigger.  Be it to tuck the ball and run or to throw from the pocket or on the move.  Except for NMSU TVW just hasn't looked comfortable in the pocket or on the move.  I think that might be a large part of TVW's issues is that he's indecisive and therefore when he does make a decision often he's not fully committed to it or its too late.

Very possible. They must not practice much pressure in camp and spring ball

Just now, NorthWestCowboy said:

This has proven not to be the case for Wyoming.  Cowboys are 0-3 vs SJSU since they joined the MWC.  I hope the Cowboy offense has turned the corner but as putrid as they've been prior to the Border War no game should be considered easy.

Csu's defense is so bad its hard to tell if the offense really turned a corner.

• Like 2

Just now, HR_Poke said:

Csu's defense is so bad its hard to tell if the offense really turned a corner.

Agreed.  Although a small sample size it helps that with Chambers at the helm Wyoming was able to put up some yards vs a much better defense in USU.

1 hour ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Confidence and gumption.  TVW has none.

• Like 1

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."

3 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

San Jose is an easy win. 

No such thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, badfish said:

Bobo salary: $1,800,000 with $8,000,000 buyout 

If CSU doesn't win another game this season, which it looks like they won't, this season may cost the school #3,266,666.67 per win.

Carry on.

They can not fire a coach with their current financial situation.   This situation will get worse before it gets better.  

• Like 2