AndroidAggie

speculation: who is behind the mailed bombs?

Occam's razor  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following best represent what you think is going on?

• Most likely perpetrated by someone influenced to action directly/indirectly by Trump towards GOP opponents/enemies
    • Most likely perpetrated by someone on the left attempting to discredit Trump and/or the GOP
    • Other, explain below.

5 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

do you think the way that trump has talked about the media could have nudged a crazy person to take what they saw as justifiable action against trump's enemies?  if so, do you deem that likely?

Trump has raised the temperature in the room to be sure. As have others in the way they’ve reacted to him. I don’t think it’s too farfetched that when taking all the nastiness into account a crazy person might just tip that way. It’s clear, if all these bombs are related, that the person’s strategy, beyond being irredeemable, is the product of a seriously inept mind. Murdering people who used to have power, CNN employees, and Robert freaking De Niro; doesn’t speak to someone with a real firm grasp on anything. But targeting the Obamas, the Clintons, Biden, Holder and Soros; does make me think right wing idiot crazy person stuck in 2014.

But to pin it on Trump’s rhetoric alone doesn’t make sense to me. Imagine a world where Trump says and does all the jackass things he does (which has never included “murder my opponents” to be fair). In this world, all of the other thought leaders and shapers from his political opponents to the media to activists, don’t react like the fourth Reich is imminent. We hate his stupidity, we can’t wait for him to lose in 2020, we’re bemused by the whole thing. In this world, would Trump’s rhetoric alone be enough to cause an unhinged right winger to go from “Trump says it’s all rigged and I believe him” to “mass murder domestic terrorism RAWR!”?

Maybe, but I’m skeptical. Trump is not blameless in any case, but the leap to mailing pipe bombs is so enormous that it makes me think this was a crazy person intent on doing evil, and the justification is incidental. The video games and heavy metal were not at fault either.

• Like 3

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

I think the truth behind this is obvious if you ask yourself one important question: Who gains from this entire situation?  

The GOP has nothing to gain by some crazed Trumper zealot sending out dummy bombs/powder to high-profile democrats that serve ZERO purpose other than to rally more outrage and mockery towards Trump and his allies. It casts a dark, negative cloud over them. There's just no way someone would sabotage their own party and do something that could only serve to jeopardize Republicans maintaining control in the House/Senate....again the timing of all this cannot be stressed enough. 36 years not a peep about Kavanaugh until he's selected by Trump, and now this.

On the other side, Trump's enemies could not of asked for a better debacle (once again conveniently timed before the election) to spread more vitriol and outrage towards Trump. Suggesting that he is responsible for everything based on his speech..LOL  No one blamed Obama, Hillary, Waters, Bernie, and the hollywood elite when the left was shooting up baseball games, assaulting people at protests, or sending bio-hazardous substances in the mail. 

The left had everything to gain from this, and that's exactly why this whole thing was 100% a set-up. I'm not saying everyone was in on it like some big conspiracy. I  just have a hunch that they will never find the guy behind this and this whole thing will disappear from headlines in less than 2 weeks. Just like how the world has already forgotten about Christine Blasey Ford and Omarosa's N-Word tape. 

• Like 2

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

4 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Trump has raised the temperature in the room to be sure. As have others in the way they’ve reacted to him. I don’t think it’s too farfetched that when taking all the nastiness into account a crazy person might just tip that way. It’s clear, if all these bombs are related, that the person’s strategy, beyond being irredeemable, is the product of a seriously inept mind. Murdering people who used to have power, CNN employees, and Robert freaking De Niro; doesn’t speak to someone with a real firm grasp on anything. But targeting the Obamas, the Clintons, Biden, Holder and Soros; does make me think right wing idiot crazy person stuck in 2014.

But to pin it on Trump’s rhetoric alone doesn’t make sense to me. Imagine a world where Trump says and does all the jackass things he does (which has never included “murder my opponents” to be fair). In this world, all of the other thought leaders and shapers from his political opponents to the media to activists, don’t react like the fourth Reich is imminent. We hate his stupidity, we can’t wait for him to lose in 2020, we’re bemused by the whole thing. In this world, would Trump’s rhetoric alone be enough to cause an unhinged right winger to go from “Trump says it’s all rigged and I believe him” to “mass murder domestic terrorism RAWR!”?

Maybe, but I’m skeptical. Trump is not blameless in any case, but the leap to mailing pipe bombs is so enormous that it makes me think this was a crazy person intent on doing evil, and the justification is incidental. The video games and heavy metal were not at fault either.

it's weird

even though i totally think trump's raising of the temperature as you put it is likely the reason this moron decided to act, i don't think that means trump is to blame per se.  i think it's most likely that in the mind of this nutjob, trump's rhetoric is what spurred them to action.  but that's reasoning inside the world of a crazy person.  not sound reasoning.

5 hours ago, modestobulldog said:

Ah, the real reason for your thread..  it doesn't matter, squish the person responsible like a  bug.  BTW you have a typo in the title, mailed should be failed.

i'm pretty transparent.  i do think that trump's rhetoric could cause an already whacked out person to take action because in the mind of a whacked out person, the way trump talks about taking out protestors and "dealing with them" or being proud of legislators who bodyslams people, that's enough praise for action that if someone took huge steps to action then that would deserve huge praise.

the rest of us don't think that way.  and so it's not trump's fault, not in any legal sense and only in some vague and indirect ethical sense.

besides, as i said, this is speculation on what we think is most likely.  as far as going beyond message board discussion on a thursday night, i'm in a wait and see before i make an opinion or act mode.

12 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

One thing I do know.

A crazy person's motivations are unknowable.  Until you ask them, then they usually tell you.

All the partisan guesses I see in this thread are stupid.  He is doing this for his own reasons and they will probably make little sense to us.

Probably end up like Gabby Giffords shooter, a psychopath, that's all. But in that case everybody from Rush Limbaugh, other talk show hosts, conservatives were blamed. Turned out it was all rubbish, and I think mainstream media speculation and accusation of conservatives and Trump turn out to be utter b*******.

• Like 1
110926run_defense710.jpg

15 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You want me to criticize the media, this is a great way to do it. What Tom Brokaw, the Atlanta JC, and others did was unforgivable. 

Don't forget Jay Leno. He told a lot of jokes that basically accused Jewell and they lead to him getting harrassed by people who watched Leno's show. And after Jewell died his family asked Leno for an apology, but they never got one. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, crixus said:

Don't forget Jay Leno. He told a lot of jokes that basically accused Jewell and they lead to him getting harrassed by people who watched Leno's show. And after Jewell died his family asked Leno for an apology, but they never got one. 

Yeah, I forgot about that.  Aside from not being funny and stealing everything he could from Letterman and Conan, Jay Leno was really an immense arsehole.

• Like 1

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

9 hours ago, Rebels18 said:

I think the truth behind this is obvious if you ask yourself one important question: Who gains from this entire situation?  

The GOP has nothing to gain by some crazed Trumper zealot sending out dummy bombs/powder to high-profile democrats that serve ZERO purpose other than to rally more outrage and mockery towards Trump and his allies. It casts a dark, negative cloud over them. There's just no way someone would sabotage their own party and do something that could only serve to jeopardize Republicans maintaining control in the House/Senate....again the timing of all this cannot be stressed enough. 36 years not a peep about Kavanaugh until he's selected by Trump, and now this.

On the other side, Trump's enemies could not of asked for a better debacle (once again conveniently timed before the election) to spread more vitriol and outrage towards Trump. Suggesting that he is responsible for everything based on his speech..LOL  No one blamed Obama, Hillary, Waters, Bernie, and the hollywood elite when the left was shooting up baseball games, assaulting people at protests, or sending bio-hazardous substances in the mail. 

The left had everything to gain from this, and that's exactly why this whole thing was 100% a set-up. I'm not saying everyone was in on it like some big conspiracy. I  just have a hunch that they will never find the guy behind this and this whole thing will disappear from headlines in less than 2 weeks. Just like how the world has already forgotten about Christine Blasey Ford and Omarosa's N-Word tape. 

Man... this really aged poorly. Didn't even make it 12 hours. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Love those "second amendment solution" stickers on the van with the crosshairs.  That goes back to Palin.  Remember, though, there are many good people on both sides and all sides are equally responsible.  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
Posted Image

3 hours ago, jackmormon said:

A Republican, I figured that much. As did most of us according to this threads poll. I saw on the news that some of Sayoc's eight arrests were for threatening to blow up a utility company office, grand theft, fraud and drug possesion.

30 minutes ago, crixus said:

A Republican, I figured that much. As did most of us according to this threads poll. I saw on the news that some of Sayoc's eight arrests were for threatening to blow up a utility company office, grand theft, fraud and drug possesion.

Sounds like a class act.

• Haha 1