mugtang

Mike Leach calls for a 16 team playoff

12 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Eh, that's double what we need imo. 

I agree. I think 8 is best and will eventually happen.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, RogueStout said:

Eh, that's double what we need imo. 

So back in the days of Camelot, when Kellen Moore was your QB, would you have been one of the 8? What I don't want to see is a team like that get left just on the outside. You guys were a handful back in those days and it would've been fun to see that bunch in the CFP.

• Like 3

Mark it 8, Dude.

5 P5 champs

Highest G5 champ

2 At-Large

Get rid of the committee and use a transparent bcs type formula to pick the at-large and G5 and to seed them. 

First round games at the top 4 teams

Second Round games at a bowl site

Championship in an NFL stadium including cold weather sites. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

Make more sense to go to 16 ALL conference champs and 5 at larges.

• Like 10
  • Facepalm 2

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

5 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Make more sense to go to 16. All division winners for All conferences makes 22 and 3 at larges. Do away with conference championships to give another week of play-offs. 

Nobody wants to see a 3 loss Pac South or B1G West team in the playoffs much less some 4 loss CUSA team. Not everybody gets a trophy or, in this case, a playoff berth.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

SteelCityBlue

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

18 minutes ago, Warbow said:

Make more sense to go to 16 ALL conference champs and 5 at larges.

Yeah, nobody wants to see the sh*thole they have now. They had to find a way to stack the deck, they couldn't just do it right from the beginning and now fan interest is in the dumps.

• Like 2

Push for 16 and they might give us 8.  Push for 8 and they might give us 6.  You always ask for more than you want.

I think 8 would be just about right and 16 too many.  The one thing I absoultely don't want to see is 6 or 12 where the higher seeded teams get a first round bye.  A bye is just too much of an advantage in college football.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

Absolutely not.  At best in any given season there are only 1-2 G5 teams that belong in a national championship playoff.

You could say the same thing about the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Fact is, Cinderella possibilities are half the fun.

I've been saying 16 for over a decade. All 10 conference champs, best indy, 5 at-large. Play the CG on NYD.

• Like 11

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

8 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

You could say the same thing about the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Fact is, Cinderella possibilities are half the fun.

I've been saying 16 for over a decade. All 10 conference champs, best indy, 5 at-large. Play the CG on NYD.

And so are people tuning out rather than watch a 7-5 Troy team march into Ohio Stadium to get a plunger shoved up their ass.  The worst thing that could happen for the G5 is to be on the receiving end of a bunch of blowout losses. Put the best team in and see what happens and then go from there. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

SteelCityBlue

50 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

I only disagree on your timing.  I'm not trying to pretend that student athletes put much emphasis on the student part, but a more prolonged playoff schedule does accommodate finals a little better.  Also, I don't want one great CFB game on NYD.  I want four.  Play the elite 8 in the bowls on NYD, the final 4 a week later then a Monday night game for the big show.  The first round can be staggered, it doesn't all have to happen the same weekend.  It can, but it doesn't have to.

3 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

And so are people tuning out rather than watch a 7-5 Troy team march into Ohio Stadium to get a plunger shoved up their ass.  The worst thing that could happen for the G5 is to be on the receiving end of a bunch of blowout losses. Put the best team in and see what happens and then go from there. 

Having all 10 FBI Champions get auto berths would go a long way to leveling the field - but, those who benefit from the current system have no interest in making it fair.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1