mugtang

Stock Market has erased all of its 2018 gains

33 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

C'mon! You aren't really that naive.

Imagine how many people whose education doesn't equate to that of most of us here would, under those circumstances, put all their money in get rich quick junk-bonds type investments thereby having absolutely no SS income when they reach 65 or so and then be on the public dole for the rest of their lives.

gov't approved investments and services companies to provide what they can invest in.   Maybe do a 50% gov't bonds and T-bills and 50% certain stock funds.    

41 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

C'mon! You aren't really that naive.

Imagine how many people whose education doesn't equate to that of most of us here would, under those circumstances, put all their money in get rich quick junk-bonds type investments thereby having absolutely no SS income when they reach 65 or so and then be on the public dole for the rest of their lives.

It’s not naive...  the government provides fund options (not get rich quick schemes) and target date funds for those exact people you talk about.  I would do light years better with that 12.4% than what the Ponzi scheme benefit will be.  I imagine you would too.  It’s not like they’d have access to those funds anymore than SS.

There should at least be an opt out for those of us smarter than DC.

• Like 1

v0icAvfW.jpg

32 minutes ago, renoskier said:

How about everyone getting richer.

Are you being facetious on this topic?

Yeah 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

It’s not naive...  the government provides fund options (not get rich quick schemes) and target date funds for those exact people you talk about.  I would do light years better with that 12.4% than what the Ponzi scheme benefit will be.  I imagine you would too.  It’s not like they’d have access to those funds anymore than SS.

There should at least be an opt out for those of us smarter than DC.

Basically, there are two types of people who are against Social Security:  Brokers who would like to benefit from churning retirement accounts and morons.  

Like, invest your future in Bernard L. Madoff Securities LLC.  Yeah, great idea.

3 hours ago, pokerider said:

gov't approved investments and services companies to provide what they can invest in.   Maybe do a 50% gov't bonds and T-bills and 50% certain stock funds.    

"Come invest in these Trump hotels and golf courses."

Seems like a pretty open invitation for corruption to me. 

17 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

It will all be back long before christmas.

Hold your water people.

It is funny though just a week or so ago @Old_SD_Dude and @retrofade were telling us all how this is Obama's economy.

Things change fast in partisan hypocrite land.  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

I don’t recall saying that in a thread a week or so ago. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

42 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

"Come invest in these Trump hotels and golf courses."

Seems like a pretty open invitation for corruption to me. 

His family has continued to have conflicts of interest with Donald J. in the lead.

He's a steaming pile of incompetence as exemplified by the fact one of my best friends who is a metal fabricator just texted to tell me he's been laid off because of steel prices.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

Basically, there are two types of people who are against Social Security:  Brokers who would like to benefit from churning retirement accounts and morons.  

Like, invest your future in Bernard L. Madoff Securities LLC.  Yeah, great idea.

I don’t engage with mentally ill people.

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I don’t engage with mentally ill people.

I heard that was why the Mega Bomber mailed those packages:  he couldn't take dealing with mentally ill people any longer.  I guess calling other people morons and mentally ill is not objectionable so long as the targets of the comments are actually morons or mentally ill. So, there is no reason whatsoever to attribute bomb making to such comments.  

6 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

There is only one type of person who would make comments like you do.

Social security is a ponzi scheme, any conservative use of that money would gain recipients 10 times the benefits they receive now.   So if you are against retirees receiving 10 times what they recieve now you would want it to stay the same.

• Like 1

Yield curve is flattening, car sales are slowing, existing home sales are slowing, stock market is dropping, the Fed is going to raise rates 1.25% over the next 18 months. It’s the leading edge of a long over due recession. Worries me a little bit that we don’t have much powder dry to combat it. Already low interest rates and already cut taxes.

3 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Yield curve is flattening, car sales are slowing, existing home sales are slowing, stock market is dropping, the Fed is going to raise rates 1.25% over the next 18 months. It’s the leading edge of a long over due recession. Worries me a little bit that we don’t have much powder dry to combat it. Already low interest rates and already cut taxes.

Way more dry powder than 2 years ago when the fed had the rates at 0 propping up an economy in disaster for 8 years.  We just barely existed a recession 3 years ago, nothing is long overdue.

Image result for car sales graph 2018

Image result for existing home sales graph 2018