Rev McQuervo

Houston- He is a problem...

Reed HS grad coming back to town pissed Nevada didn't offer. Front page article this morning in the Trib about how he was pissed the local school didn't offer as he was "too small" (6'3')...

Expect over 200 locally wearing Red & Black. Great kid, excellent attitude and a huge presence on the field.

Go Aztecs, Go Pack!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rev McQuervo said:

Reed HS grad coming back to town pissed Nevada didn't offer. Front page article this morning in the Trib about how he was pissed the local school didn't offer as he was "too small" (6'3')...

Expect over 200 locally wearing Red & Black. Great kid, excellent attitude and a huge presence on the field.

Go Aztecs, Go Pack!

It is definitely a motivator. The kid is ready for revenge.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

It is definitely a motivator. The kid is ready for revenge.

The emotional aspect of the College game is primary in my addiction to D-1 FB.

• Like 3

Nevada has a player from San Diego that wasn’t recruited by SDSU. We’ll make sure to have some manufactured outrage to offset Houston’s. Life is so unfair. 

• Haha 4

Just to follow up on this, I rewatched the game today...Houston had one reception for 12 yards. Uncle!! 

By the way, Nevada has four TE’s on the team from local high schools....I think we’re good there. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My old high school Reed has been turning out some players over the last 10-15 years...........from 1976 (first Reed graduating class) to sometime in the late 1990's or early 2000's hadn't turned out a D-1 FB recruit that I know of.

Think Trevor Molini was a Reed guy who might have gone to BYU..........UNR's FB team has had a few on the OL over the last decade.

Don't think there's been a D-1 basketball player out of Reed that I know of. 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

My old high school Reed has been turning out some players over the last 10-15 years...........from 1976 (first Reed graduating class) to sometime in the late 1990's or early 2000's hadn't turned out a D-1 FB recruit that I know of.

Think Trevor Molini was a Reed guy who might have gone to BYU..........UNR's FB team has had a few on the OL over the last decade.

That should change next year. Matt Williams (son of Nevada bb player Matt Williams) is a senior at Reed and is one of the top players in N Nevada. 

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Gabby Williams. McD All American, UConn and now WNBA. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

That should change next year. Matt Williams (son of Nevada bb player Matt Williams) is a senior at Reed and is one of the top players in N Nevada. 

He’s good but he’s a tweener. Like Townsell who walked on at Nevada he’ll have an opportunity to play somewhere. 

5 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

He’s good but he’s a tweener. Like Townsell who walked on at Nevada he’ll have an opportunity to play somewhere. 

I agree.  I would be very suprised to see him get a D1 scholarship.  Nice player but not elite. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packNV said:

I agree.  I would be very suprised to see him get a D1 scholarship.  Nice player but not elite. 

There are a lot of Div I basketball schools out there. He’s good enough to play somewhere. He’s not elite and he won’t end up at a blue chip school, but he’ll get a shot.