retrofade

Suspicious packages sent to Soros, Clintons, Obama, and the Time Warner Center

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

I think your partisanship is pretty well e stablished at this point, might as well embrace it

So I'm "partisan" because I see a pretty significant distinction between vandalism and domestic terrorism? C'mon dude, you're better than that. I'd be just as disgusted and worried for our country right now if those bombs had been mailed to GWB, GHWB, Paul Ryan, John Ashcroft, and Condi Rice. 

Give me a break. 

1 hour ago, Jackrabbit said:

Ok @retrofade and @DestinFlPackfan. Instead of hiding behind an emoji, why not tell me why im wrong.    

I'm not going down your rabbit hole/lair. I need fresh air and sunshine to survive. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, retrofade said:

So I'm "partisan" because I see a pretty significant distinction between vandalism and domestic terrorism? C'mon dude, you're better than that. I'd be just as disgusted and worried for our country right now if those bombs had been mailed to GWB, GHWB, Paul Ryan, John Ashcroft, and Condi Rice. 

Give me a break. 

No you wouldn’t because you just had that opportunity a few weeks ago when suspicious packages were found sent to the White House and pentagon. Or when they were sent to trumps sons family. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember you posting a thread about any of that. 

Apparently this moron is bipartisan? Or maybe it’s a different moron. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

No you wouldn’t because you just had that opportunity a few weeks ago when suspicious packages were found sent to the White House and pentagon. Or when they were sent to trumps sons family. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t remember you posting a thread about any of that. 

I don't spend my life glued to a television, and apparently missed those events as they happened. I do believe that other people posted about them here though, I seem to recall that the perpetrator was someone from Utah. But hey, I get it, I didn't post the thread about it, so that's proof that I don't care when things are directed towards Republicans. 

Just now, mugtang said:

Apparently this moron is bipartisan? Or maybe it’s a different moron. 

I could certainly be the same person, but my money is on copycats at this point. That's what I thought when the reports about Wasserman Schultz and Kamala Harris came out earlier today. DWS was somewhat legit, as her address was the return address, while the Harris thing was completely unrelated and not an actual threat. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a number of copycat bombs or threats made over the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Can you say positively it is not?....given this state of affairs, I would say its a 50/50 chance.  

2 hours ago, Jackrabbit said:

Ok @retrofade and @DestinFlPackfan. Instead of hiding behind an emoji, why not tell me why im wrong.    

They arent hiding. Your statement is just so mindblowingly stupid theyve been rendered temporarily mute.

• Like 1

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

21 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I don't spend my life glued to a television, and apparently missed those events as they happened. I do believe that other people posted about them here though, I seem to recall that the perpetrator was someone from Utah. But hey, I get it, I didn't post the thread about it, so that's proof that I don't care when things are directed towards Republicans. 

Funny thing is for someone not glued to your television you certainly don’t miss posting any stories negative about trump. 

Amazing isn’t it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Funny thing is for someone not glued to your television you certainly don’t miss posting any stories negative about trump. 

Amazing isn’t it?

No shit. He watched the entire kavanaugh hearings, and posts every dumb tweet or comment from trump.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Amazing isn’t it?

I get most of my news through random alerts from Twitter or my Apple News app. If I think it's significant, I'll post it here. 

2 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

No shit. He watched the entire kavanaugh hearings, and posts every dumb tweet or comment from trump.

See above. 

8 minutes ago, retrofade said:

I get most of my news through random alerts from Twitter or my Apple News app. If I think it's significant, I'll post it here. 

See above. 

Thanks for proving our point. You or the news sources you follow don’t think it’s significant when stuff like this happens to Republicans. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebelbacker said:

Thanks for proving our point. You or the news sources you follow don’t think it’s significant when stuff like this happens to Republicans. 

The Apple News app gives me alerts from NPR, WSJ, WaPo, NYT, a few others, and then specific alerts when shit goes down like it did today. I didn't post anything about the stuff sent to the White House and others because other people had. Past that, I think that pipe bombs sent to two ex-presidents as well as one of the country's major cable news outlets far outstrips what could probably be considered a "normal" thing against the White House. Now, PLEASE NOTE, I'm not saying that any threats against the current President are in any way acceptable.  

Actually, for the record, I just looked it up on my phone... my Apple News app alerts me to major stories from:

• Top Stores (as defined by Apple News)
  • NYT
  • NPR
  • WSJ
  • WaPo
  • BBC US
  • CBS News
  • FNC
  • LA Times
  • Wired

Like I also said, I have Twitter (through Tweetdeck) to alert me of major news events that occur. 

Phucking baseball players were good athletes, used to piss me off.  We would do all the off season stuff, and they would show up like their soph and senior years the first day and still be good.  I agree that on my papeer they shouldnt be good athletes, but the three best football players I ever played with all played D1 baseball.  two of them played pro and fresno fans of the right age would know their names.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

Phucking baseball players were good athletes, used to piss me off.  We would do all the off season stuff, and they would show up like their soph and senior years the first day and still be good.  I agree that on my papeer they shouldnt be good athletes, but the three best football players I ever played with all played D1 baseball.  two of them played pro and fresno fans of the right age would know their names.

Uh....what?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

:lol:wrong thread my friend 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Civil disobedience does not equal violence. The same arguments were made when young black men dared to sit down at a Woolworth's lunch counter to negate their underlying message.  That being said, I oppose driving Republican lawmakers out of a restaurant.  It's not true civil disobedience and is counter-productive. 

Who said civil disobedience equals violence? You’re missing the point. Trump ripping the media and political opponents isn’t violence, either. Yet, the left is now saying he’s responsible for creating this kind of violence. Yet their rhetoric painting Trump as the biggest threat to the world and mankind makes Trumps rhetoric look like softly spoken little prayers to Jesus. That is the ultimate hypocrisy. 

kat.jpg