retrofade

Suspicious packages sent to Soros, Clintons, Obama, and the Time Warner Center

2 hours ago, sebasour said:

It's interesting that there seems to be an immutable law of physics that states both sides must be equally crazy at all times, and suggesting that either side might have a lead in the crazy race, is just mere political hackery. 

LOL!!!!!  Probably just one person sends out all this stuff, and boom! now we’re equal. This bomb person just equaled out the Dem Mobs? 

Yes, there are political nuts on both sides, but there’s a spectrum of nuts that range from lethally dangerous to mobs that just want to gang up you and yell in your face for no good reason. But I’m sorry, at this time in history, there are massively more unhinged Trump hating nuts on the left out there, and people like Maxine Watters, Hillary, Holder, Booker, etc. are endorsing and promoting in your face incivility that can lead to violence. Where were all these Dems when that nut tried to kill House members playing softball a couple years ago? Where they worried that their rhetoric might push a nut to do this? Hell no. 

Ironically, these same lefty’s defend Hollywood and agree that they have no responsibility for the result of the year in and year out of glorifying violence in TV and film.

Now you have pundits at CNN blaming Trump for encouraging this kind of behavior. But do they ever wonder about their obsessive non-stop over-the-top demonization of Trump and how it could get Trump killed? Hell no. Maybe the WH needs to release the number of death threats and real plots that were discovered and thwarted before they became operational in attempting to kill Trump.

This is just a very disgusting tactic of politics by the anti-Trumpers.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

kat.jpg

33 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL!!!!!  Probably just one person sends out all this stuff, and boom! now we’re equal. This bomb person just equaled out the Dem Mobs? 

Yes, there are political nuts on both sides, but there’s a spectrum of nuts that range from lethally dangerous to mobs that just want to gang up you and yell in your face for no good reason. But I’m sorry, at this time in history, there are massively more unhinged Trump hating nuts on the left out there, and people like Maxine Watters, Hillary, Holder, Booker, etc. are endorsing and promoting in your face incivility that can lead to violence. Where were all these Dems when that nut tried to kill House members playing softball a couple years ago? Where they worried that their rhetoric might push a nut to do this? Hell no. 

Ironically, these same lefty’s defend Hollywood and agree that they have no responsibility for the result of the year in and year out of glorifying violence in TV and film.

Now you have pundits at CNN blaming Trump for encouraging this kind of behavior. But do they ever wonder about their obsessive non-stop over-the-top demonization of Trump and how it could get Trump killed? Hell no. Maybe the WH needs to release the number of death threats and real plots that were discovered and thwarted before they became operational in attempting to kill Trump.

This is just a very disgusting tactic of politics by the anti-Trumpers.

Civil disobedience does not equal violence. The same arguments were made when young black men dared to sit down at a Woolworth's lunch counter to negate their underlying message.  That being said, I oppose driving Republican lawmakers out of a restaurant.  It's not true civil disobedience and is counter-productive. 

• Like 1

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

And then the NYTIMES published this “short story” just yesterday:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/23/books/review/trumps-next-chapter.html

Yikes. That’s rough timing.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Honestly , ive never seen a pipe bomb up close.  So, i haveno idea what's supposed to be in one.:surrender:

Energy source usually a battery.

Something that blows up like dynamite ect...  All kinds of stuff you can create out of your local hardware store or grocery store.

Detonator the kind you use commercially are pretty long cylindrical metal objects.  I don't see a commercial one in that picture.

A switch of some sort to set it off.  Maybe a timer, mercury switch something that would create a circuit when someone opens the package, so maybe a spring loaded switch.

Those are the basics.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Honestly , ive never seen a pipe bomb up close.  So, i haveno idea what's supposed to be in one.:surrender:

I've never inspected a pipe bomb either. But I know what basic electrical circuits look like. The wires are not even stripped, they've been cut and just terminate between the clock and the pipe. The clock cannot set off the bomb for several reasons, but most obviously because it isn't even hooked up to anything. The little tiny watch battery in the clock doesn't have nearly the power required to set off an explosive anyway. This looks more like a movie prop than a bomb.

GO POKES!!!

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Energy source usually a battery.

Something that blows up like dynamite ect...  All kinds of stuff you can create out of your local hardware store or grocery store.

Detonator the kind you use commercially are pretty long cylindrical metal objects.  I don't see a commercial one in that picture.

A switch of some sort to set it off.  Maybe a timer, mercury switch something that would create a circuit when someone opens the package, so maybe a spring loaded switch.

Those are the basics.

What did the assholes use to set off the pressure cooker in the Boston Marathon? 

7 minutes ago, poke em said:

I've never inspected a pipe bomb either. But I know what basic electrical circuits look like. The wires are not even stripped, they've been cut and just terminate between the clock and the pipe. The clock cannot set off the bomb for several reasons, but most obviously because it isn't even hooked up to anything. The little tiny watch battery in the clock doesn't have nearly the power required to set off an explosive anyway. This looks more like a movie prop than a bomb.

Hmmm, so maybe it was designed to scare, not kill. Interesting. 

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

What did the assholes use to set off the pressure cooker in the Boston Marathon? 

This is what I thought I remembered but I looked it up anyway.  You can easily make gun powder but any reloading store would sell you plenty.

https://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-04/how-does-pressure-cooker-bomb-work-infographic

A pressure cooker bomb, like the one used in Boston [and New York City in Sept 2016], takes the rapidly-expanding gasses in a typical gunpowder explosion and holds them under tighter atmospheric pressure. The resulting rupture is far more violent than if the gunpowder was placed in a non-pressurized container.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

This is what I thought I remembered but I looked it up anyway.  You can easily make gun powder but any reloading store would sell you plenty.

https://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-04/how-does-pressure-cooker-bomb-work-infographic

A pressure cooker bomb, like the one used in Boston [and New York City in Sept 2016], takes the rapidly-expanding gasses in a typical gunpowder explosion and holds them under tighter atmospheric pressure. The resulting rupture is far more violent than if the gunpowder was placed in a non-pressurized container.

I grew up on a farm. My mother,  grandmother and great grandmother all used pressure cookers for canning. They were volatile things. Watching the pressure gauge go up and the pot shaking are things I'll never forget. Retrospect , they were bombs with veggies in them. 

• Like 1

Bombs are simple devices to design on paper.

Really hard to fabricate in practice.   I spent a lot of time as kids blowing stuff up.  I had it easy though I could go down to the Pitt Mill Grain and Elevator and buy dynamite and detonator over the counter.  We always told them it was for blowing up a beaver dam or disposing of a dead horse or cow.

1 minute ago, CPslograd said:

Why isnt retro starting a thread about the big ass rock thrown through kevin McCarthy s office in Bako last night?

Well, first off... I wasn't aware of that. Secondly, someone attempting to send pipe bombs to two former American Presidents, a former AG, a sitting member of Congress, and CNN by way of the former Director of Central Intelligence seems like a little bit of a bigger deal than a rock being thrown through an office in Bakersfield.

Now, that being said, I still probably wouldn't have posted about it for much the same reasons that I haven't posted about the numerous vandalisms at Andrew Janz's offices, or of his yard signs, or of people's personal property who have Janz yard signs. Those two things are similar, what happened today and simple vandalism is not. They're both bad, but miles apart in terms of gradation. You can't conflate an overt act of domestic terrorism with rocks being thrown through an unoccupied office.

5 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

I grew up on a farm. My mother,  grandmother and great grandmother all used pressure cookers for canning. They were volatile things. Watching the pressure gauge go up and the pot shaking are things I'll never forget. Retrospect , they were bombs with veggies in them. 

I'll always associate pressure cookers with brussel sprouts. I'm pretty sure they were the only thing that my mom cooked with the pressure cooker. 

• Like 1

Just now, retrofade said:

Well, first off... I wasn't aware of that. Secondly, someone attempting to send pipe bombs to two former American Presidents, a former AG, a sitting member of Congress, and CNN by way of the former Director of Central Intelligence seems like a little bit of a bigger deal than a rock being thrown through an office in Bakersfield.

Now, that being said, I still probably wouldn't have posted about it for much the same reasons that I haven't posted about the numerous vandalisms at Andrew Janz's offices, or of his yard signs, or of people's personal property who have Janz yard signs. Those two things are similar, what happened today and simple vandalism is not. They're both bad, but miles apart in terms of gradation. You can't conflate an overt act of domestic terrorism with rocks being thrown through an unoccupied office.

I think your partisanship is pretty well e stablished at this point, might as well embrace it

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

A lot of home made pipe bombs are built on the premise of a pressure cooker bomb.  The pipe serves the same purpose as the pressure cooker.

It's hard to build up the kind of pressure you would need when you have holes on both ends for wires and your pipe is PVC.

GO POKES!!!