lawofthejunglenv

Nevada vs San Diego State

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

For your pass rush, I assume you are referencing? 

:ph34r:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

27 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Offensive line is our death knell.  Not running on the second down hurt too.

We also miss Lessard a whole lot. Woolsey may have put on a bunch of weight but he isn't a FB nor does he block like one. Not close.

That said, props to Nevada. Their defense played very well and with the exception of the dumbass personal foul on our punt returner at the end which was mistakenly called a horse collar tackle instead and also the dumbass roughing the passer at the end, they played smart ball. (My guess is by that point they knew they had won and so turned into SDSU, which for the last year and a half has been one of the most penalized teams in the country.)

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’m jealous of SDSU’s offensive line.  They were opening holes wide enough I could run through.  

We again had several runs into your secondary in which our RB was tripped up by his ankles. The last several years half of those kinds of runs were taken to the house.

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

Third safety of the season all of them coming after screwed up punt coverage,. usual penalties and frosh mistakes. Our offense is an abomination. don't have the breakaway players,. anyway will not hurt us  to lose this one we were not going to be top 25 regardless still win three more conference games and a bowl.. Not bad for a mash unit. Nevada should beat the rets teams on their schedule get a bowl congrats Nevada

• Like 2

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Good game though SDSU.  Always enjoy playing the Aztecs. See you in San Diego next year. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Good game Nevada. You guys deserved to win this game and the scoring margin should have been wider.  SDSU is a terrible team right now and can’t even field a punt.  We’ll be fortunate to win one more game this year.

• Facepalm 1

58 minutes ago, NoMakeLiDat said:

Wasn’t a horse collar. 

I honestly thought it was unnecessary roughness.  Not sure what the call would be, unsportsmanlike or what.  Guy was down and he threw him.

• Like 1

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

1 minute ago, East Coast Aztec said:

rckstr.gif

Serious.  We can’t field a punt or a ko and our offense is inept when we play anyone with a semblance of a defense.  It’s going to be a NM or potato bowl if we are fortunate.  Fresno is going to beat us by at least 21.

5 minutes ago, Fowl said:

Good game Nevada. You guys deserved to win this game and the scoring margin should have been wider.  SDSU is a terrible team right now and can’t even field a punt.  We’ll be fortunate to win one more game this year.

You guys out gained us 456-297.  The difference in the game was the two turnovers and a couple of penalties.  You guys will be fine.  You guys have New Mexico next week, then UNLV, Fresno and Hawaii.  You’ll finish 3-1 at worst in that stretch. 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:13 PM, mugtang said:

I’m jealous of SDSU’s offensive line.  They were opening holes wide enough I could run through.  

They also held Malik Reed on every three step drop.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

On 10/28/2018 at 12:05 AM, Lobo Amor said:

Thanks UNR, now SUDS will be pissed when they play us. :waiting:

Word is Juwan Washington and our FB Isaac Lessard are both expected to return. We've missed Washington but REALLY missed Lessard so that's not good news for you guys. Then again, you wouldn't want to see Davie do something to mitigate the chances of his getting fired now, would you?

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Word is Juwan Washington and our FB Isaac Lessard are both expected to return. We've missed Washington but REALLY missed Lessard so that's not good news for you guys. Then again, you wouldn't want to see Davie do something to mitigate the chances of his getting fired now, would you?

I don't think we can afford to fire him right now but if we self-destruct like last year then we'll have to. I just hope your RBs are rusty and out of shape. :D