modestobulldog

Caravan?

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

I didn't ignore it.  In a response to you above, I said it doesn't mean implicit racism doesn't exist.

you seem to be saying that suggesting race does play a role in these discussions is race baiting. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

suggest

or

Suggest

I would argue that the person to whom such a suggestion is made has a significant role in interpreting which "suggest" is being used.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

7 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I didn't ignore it.  In a response to you above, I said it doesn't mean implicit racism doesn't exist.

So if you don't take it to mean implicit racism doesn't exist why do you have a problem with my post literally talking about implicit racism?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

I would argue that the person to whom such a suggestion is made has a significant role in interpreting which "suggest" is being used.

Absolutely. Both the sender and receiver need to be aware of this.  Communication requires both the sender and receiver to ask follow up questions, to clarify.  Happy and I did that before I called him a race baiter.  His suggestion became his suggestion.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

Political commentary is her job.  That's what she does 24/7/365.

If white basketball players criticized trump she would have said the same thing.

You need to quit being the thought cop on this board.  You need to quit looking for bigotry in every situation.  You really cheapen real bigotry when you do.

Her and Hannity spend half their time bombing on McConnell and Ryan, and they both hopped on Trumps bandwagon and excused all his bad behavior every step of the way.  They haven't been good for conservatism.

6 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Her and Hannity spend half their time bombing on McConnell and Ryan, and they both hopped on Trumps bandwagon and excused all his bad behavior every step of the way.  They haven't been good for conservatism.

I would agree with this to a degree.  I think Hannity actually excuses it.  Ingraham ignores it.  Ingraham is all about attacking and calling out the left.

2 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I would agree with this to a degree.  I think Hannity actually excuses it.  Ingraham ignores it.  Ingraham is all about attacking and calling out the left.

No sir, she bashes the GOP pols all the time too.

I wanted to strangle her during the primary.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

It's close. But at the end of the day, Hannity is just a dumbass. Ingram is a ++++. By the slimmest of margins, in this case the dumbass wins out over the ++++ IMO. He sounds like a caveman, but she's like legitimately like nails on a chalkboard. 

Very true.

Although Hannity's redundant mantra is unbearable too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

It's close. But at the end of the day, Hannity is just a dumbass. Ingram is a ++++. By the slimmest of margins, in this case the dumbass wins out over the ++++ IMO. He sounds like a caveman, but she's like legitimately like nails on a chalkboard. 

Ya know, I don't disagree......but this sounds really freaking sexist.

Why do we go there?

• Haha 1

On 11/5/2018 at 11:48 AM, pokebball said:

I had you pegged for an unbigoted guy???

Not bigoted against anyone except religious fundamentalists, whose own bigotry and political clout have been responsible for millions upon millions of deaths over the centuries. No other organized group has even come close.

Under the law, a true crime requires not just a mens rea but also an actus reus. So if religious fundamentalists would just keep their beliefs to themselves and stop trying to impose them on everybody else, I wouldn't consider them to be so vile. However, people like Ingraham, Hannity, O'Reilly and others now or formerly on Rupert Murdoch's network never keep their self righteousness hidden. And note the difference between them and the likes of Limbaugh. Rush's preaching isn't based on his own morals but simply ratings. And I'm not trying to single out Catholics since they are by no means the only ones with the FoxNews religious bully pulpit but seemingly have always had the prime FoxNews slots sewn up for some reason. (Shepard Smith, Fox's token gay anchor and its various female personalities, for whom hotness is a prerequisite, excepted: https://www.ihatethemedia.com/fox-news-anchor-babes-short-skirts-video-photo )

• Like 1

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 hours ago, pokebball said:

And Hannity isnt'?

Boom goes the dynamite.

31 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Not bigoted against anyone except religious fundamentalists, whose own bigotry and political clout have been responsible for millions upon millions of deaths over the centuries. No other organized group has even come close.

Under the law, a true crime requires not just a mens rea but also an actus reus. So if religious fundamentalists would just keep their beliefs to themselves and stop trying to impose them on everybody else, I wouldn't consider them to be so vile. However, people like Ingraham, Hannity, O'Reilly and others now or formerly on Rupert Murdoch's network never keep their self righteousness hidden. And note the difference between them and the likes of Limbaugh. Rush's preaching isn't based on his own morals but simply ratings. And I'm not trying to single out Catholics since they are by no means the only ones with the FoxNews religious bully pulpit but seemingly have always had the prime FoxNews slots sewn up for some reason. (Shepard Smith, Fox's token gay anchor and its various female personalities, for whom hotness is a prerequisite, excepted: https://www.ihatethemedia.com/fox-news-anchor-babes-short-skirts-video-photo )

So you are a bigot too then?