modestobulldog

Caravan?

30 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Brown II has done a lot of good for CA from a fiscal standpoint, much if it with substantial opposition from his own party. The one notable exception is his quixotic fixation with High Speed Rail. I’m not sure Newsom will exercise the same discipline. 

You guys had to do something regarding your pensions.  I cant believe your legislature just kept passing it off. I'm always surprised how much power your prison guard union has as well...

2 hours ago, HR_Poke said:

You guys had to do something regarding your pensions.  I cant believe your legislature just kept passing it off. I'm always surprised how much power your prison guard union has as well...

Prison guards here are an absolute mafia. 

• Like 2

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

I guess it’s not surprising that the number of folks that came to the US the legal way do support strong border security and are upset with the folks in the Caravan cutting in line to get in. In other news, big Caravan supporter Alec Baldwin punched a man driving a Dodge Caravan after he cut in front of Alec & took his parking spot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

kat.jpg

7 minutes ago, IanforHeisman said:

To think, if America didn’t love blow and minded their phukking business in South America, there wouldn’t be an issue. Nobody wants to leave their homeland with warm weather and beautiful landscapes to pick fruit in Oklahoma. 

Damn right!  They'd stay at home and work at the local high tech startup, you know, coding and whatnot.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 minutes ago, Bronco22 said:

I hope our military has the order to shoot to kill. If they cross illegally. Or if they start throwing rocks or any other type of weapon!

That's an amazingly bad thing to hope for. Morally, ethically and legally. 

They can be detained and processed. We don't have to slaughter human beings for a non-violent misdemeanor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

That's an amazingly bad thing to hope for. Morally, ethically and legally. 

They can be detained and processed. We don't have to slaughter human beings for a non-violent misdemeanor.

What are you? Some Libtard from California? That's not what I said or hoped for idiot! I said, I hope our military has the order to shoot to kill if they start throwing rocks or any other type of weapon.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 5

7 hours ago, IanforHeisman said:

South America would be more like Chile and less like Nicaragua without US meddling.. 

Pssst. Chile was kind of our masterpiece. We just did poorly elsewhere.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

29 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Pssst. Chile was kind of our masterpiece. We just did poorly elsewhere.

We had a lot more restraint in Chile than we did in Central America. Just assassinating a single head of state? That's Cold War kid gloves

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

44 minutes ago, happycamper said:

We had a lot more restraint in Chile than we did in Central America. Just assassinating a single head of state? That's Cold War kid gloves

Well if all our military dictators would just turn to a bunch of Milton Friedman disciples to run the economy our work would be so much easier.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Well if all our military dictators would just turn to a bunch of Milton Friedman disciples to run the economy our work would be so much easier.

And then just sorta... fade away as a stable, economically sound, and pluralist democracy pops up out of the ashes of that single dictator. They even still like Americans. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard.