badfish

SDSU is not very good

3 hours ago, steveem said:

That was just an error when I was doing the profile i did not check anything on the team scroll down, so it  defaulted to the first team. Thanks for reminding me. 

Nice try Bob.

Ok, since I can now come back and tell you, "I told you so, WE SUCK" and that this season has been relegated to a rebuilding year, here's some interesting stuff I dug up and figured I'd share:

What we return in 2019 (I did this prior to the Fresno game):
100% of carries
88% of receptions
73% of passes
67% of tackles (hoping Tezino returns)
60% of defensive turnovers
100% of punts
95% of KR/PR
80% starters from OL (88% if you include the TEs and FB)
0% of FGs

13 Seniors have played this season (3 were walk-ons), and here were their other offers out of HS/JC:
Hall: Army
Baron: 
Trevillion: Louisiana-Monroe
Chapman: Washington State 
Lakalaka: 
Pope:
Baldwin: 
Chibu: UCF
Woolsey: 
Ellis:
Moore: 
Strong: 
Luke: Utah, Iowa State, Toledo, FAU, New Mexico, SJSU
.77 offer per player (3 P5 offers between 13 players)

2019 Recruiting class commits and their offers:
Dinka: Arizona, Baylor, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Texas Tech, Utah, Utah State, SMU, Houston (w/ Alabama, ASU, Texas A&M interest)
Shivers: Michigan State, Arizona, Iowa State, Louisville, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, Syracuse, Utah, UNLV, SMU
Penny: New Mexico, SJSU, Utah State
White: Baylor, Minnesota, Iowa State, Arkansas State, Colorado State, ULL, Nevada, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas St., UTEP
Shawcroft: Air Force, Army, Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU, UNLV, Utah State (UCLA interest)
Landphere: SJSU
Crenshaw-Dickson: Arizona State
Nielsen: NIU, SJSU
6.25 offers per player (24 P5 offers between 8 players)

We have plenty of young talent on the roster, but this season is attributed to poor personnel management and Rocky's reluctancy to recruit JC guys over his HS recruits. Rocky is loyal to a fault (see no JC QB recruiting)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, badfish said:

Ok, since I can now come back and tell you, "I told you so, WE SUCK" and that this season has been relegated to a rebuilding year, here's some interesting stuff I dug up and figured I'd share:

What we return in 2019 (I did this prior to the Fresno game):
100% of carries
88% of receptions
73% of passes
67% of tackles (hoping Tezino returns)
60% of defensive turnovers
100% of punts
95% of KR/PR
80% starters from OL (88% if you include the TEs and FB)
0% of FGs

13 Seniors have played this season (3 were walk-ons), and here were their other offers out of HS/JC:
Hall: Army
Baron: 
Trevillion: Louisiana-Monroe
Chapman: Washington State 
Lakalaka: 
Pope:
Baldwin: 
Chibu: UCF
Woolsey: 
Ellis:
Moore: 
Strong: 
Luke: Utah, Iowa State, Toledo, FAU, New Mexico, SJSU
.77 offer per player (3 P5 offers between 13 players)

2019 Recruiting class commits and their offers:
Dinka: Arizona, Baylor, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Missouri, Texas Tech, Utah, Utah State, SMU, Houston (w/ Alabama, ASU, Texas A&M interest)
Shivers: Michigan State, Arizona, Iowa State, Louisville, Missouri, Nebraska, Oregon, Oregon State, Syracuse, Utah, UNLV, SMU
Penny: New Mexico, SJSU, Utah State
White: Baylor, Minnesota, Iowa State, Arkansas State, Colorado State, ULL, Nevada, New Mexico, North Texas, Texas St., UTEP
Shawcroft: Air Force, Army, Hawaii, Nevada, SJSU, UNLV, Utah State (UCLA interest)
Landphere: SJSU
Crenshaw-Dickson: Arizona State
Nielsen: NIU, SJSU
6.25 offers per player (24 P5 offers between 8 players)

We have plenty of young talent on the roster, but this season is attributed to poor personnel management and Rocky's reluctancy to recruit JC guys over his HS recruits. Rocky is loyal to a fault (see no JC QB recruiting)

The siren cry of next year. 

fanhood

• SuperUser
  •  
  • fanhood
  • Members
  •  
  • 3,113 posts
  • Team:San Diego State

After winning two straight conference championships, and going 16-2 in the conference, I figured that people here would be able to acknowledge that San Diego State is the premier program in this conference. However, some people refuse to acknowledge that fact, point to the Mountain Division, say we have not won a big game etc. Well, our record against the "SEC Mountain" is just as good as it is against the "West," we now have three straight wins against Pac 12 opponents, and are truly the only program that is still on the rise. The strange thing is, we are very very young, and our best days are in front of us.

I really like this conference. It needs to get better. We have raised the bar, and you all need to follow suit. But for now, I think you all need to kneel and kiss the ring. Enjoy your Sunday. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, doggystyleu2 said:

fanhood

• SuperUser
  •  
  • fanhood
  • Members
  •  
  • 3,113 posts

After winning two straight conference championships, and going 16-2 in the conference, I figured that people here would be able to acknowledge that San Diego State is the premier program in this conference. However, some people refuse to acknowledge that fact, point to the Mountain Division, say we have not won a big game etc. Well, our record against the "SEC Mountain" is just as good as it is against the "West," we now have three straight wins against Pac 12 opponents, and are truly the only program that is still on the rise. The strange thing is, we are very very young, and our best days are in front of us.

I really like this conference. It needs to get better. We have raised the bar, and you all need to follow suit. But for now, I think you all need to kneel and kiss the ring. Enjoy your Sunday. 

SDSU can only improve next year. I believe they will. Looking at our opponents I would say Fresno will return to being Fresno as will USU. Boise will remain a good team with 2 or at most 3 losses per season and SJSU will, or at least may return to the status of "well below average".

2 minutes ago, the former 1066 said:

SDSU can only improve next year. I believe they will. Looking at our opponents I would say Fresno will return to being Fresno as will USU. Boise will remain a good team with 2 or at most 3 losses per season and SJSU will, or at least may return to the status of "well below average".

Don't Fanhood us again.  

15 minutes ago, the former 1066 said:

What a load of crap about Fresno.  Fresno has beaten SDSU 5 of 7 times since joining the MWC in 2012.  And the two times SDSU did manage to win were the worst seasons in the history of the program, 2015 and 2016.  At least Fresno has the decency to beat SDSU when they have winning records.  Fresno will be just fine next year, mainly because of the coaching staff and influx of good players.  Fresno will also once again have one of the best defenses next year with 8 defensive starters returning.  So I think what you meant to say was that you think SDSU will improve and they will be chasing Fresno State next year like they have been doing for the past several years.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

What a load of crap about Fresno.  Fresno has beaten SDSU 5 of 7 times since joining the MWC in 2012.  And the two times SDSU did manage to win were the worst seasons in the history of the program, 2015 and 2016.  At least Fresno has the decency to beat SDSU when they have winning records.  Fresno will be just fine next year, mainly because of the coaching staff and influx of good players.  Fresno will also once again have one of the best defenses next year with 8 defensive starters returning.  So I think what you meant to say was that you think SDSU will improve and they will be chasing Fresno State next year like they have been doing for the past several years.

What word or words in my post "I would say Fresno will return to being Fresno as will USU". triggered this emotional response?

54 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

How are you this mad after beating a hapless SDSU? 

*incoming "I'm not mad..."  :waiting:

2 hours ago, doggystyleu2 said:

fanhood

• SuperUser
  •  
  • fanhood
  • Members
  •  
  • 3,113 posts

He sees all

image.jpeg.a70fb53469bc01739508aabfaea47f86.jpeg

• Like 1