badfish

SDSU is not very good

We know. Every game we've won has been a 1 score game except for our FCS game in which we had to come from behind to win in the 4th. We get it. We're a very average team that can manage to beat middle of the pack MWC teams like AFA/Boise, but could easily lose to flaming turds like SJSU (who actually looked decent last night, you're welcome). A lot has to do with injuries and this being the youngest Aztec team in probably decades, but I really don't see us improving much when they get back (biggest loss is the FB, IMO). We could either finish 4-1 or 1-4, it depends on how many drive-extending penalties our defense wants to give up or if our OL continues to pass block on run plays. 

• Like 3

Unless the offense improves (and we need washington, chapman, and lessard back asap) we will most likely to lose to fresno like 24-10 or something like that. The defense is legitimate but not perfect (pass rush isn't very good), but the offense is outright bad right now. I'd say the WR's have been the best group of the offense and they themselves are not good. 

Aztecs are 6-1, only loss was @ Stanford. It doesn't matter how much you win by...as long as you win. And that's what SUDS has been doing.

6 minutes ago, BacksThePack said:

Does that make you worried for Nevada who played Boise and Fresno close?

We beat Boise so...

We'll be okay.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Our offense would give caffeine insomnia. We have been relying on NFL level backs to get the offense going. We are 31% on third downs and about the same on TDs in the red zone. We have no viable threat for passing 51% completion rate is not viable six blockers versus nine, not a good matchup. We will lose at Nevada, we can not outscore them if they get 24 points we are toast. Also, the kick return threat is gone almost all the kicks go through the end zone. If Chapman and Washington would've stayed healthy we would have a lot better Offense.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

2 minutes ago, steveem said:

Our offense would give caffeine insomnia. We have been relying on NFL level backs to get the offense going. We are 31% on third downs and about the same on TDs in the red zone. We have no viable threat for passing 51% completion rate is not viable six blockers versus nine, not a good matchup. We will lose at Nevada, we can not outscore them if they get 24 points we are toast. Also, the kick return threat is gone almost all the kicks go through the end zone. If Chapman and Washington would've stayed healthy we would have a lot better Offense.

I disagree about Chapman. To me the guy hasn’t progressed at all. At least Agnew runs and throws the ball away. 

• Like 1

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, steveem said:

You said that if Chapman and Washington were not injured "we" would have a better offense.  Yet, under your screen name you list Air Force as your team.  How would Chapman and Washington being healthy make Air Force a better offense?

4 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

You said that if Chapman and Washington were not injured "we" would have a better offense.  Yet, under your screen name you list Air Force as your team.  How would Chapman and Washington being healthy make Air Force a better offense?

That was just an error when I was doing the profile i did not check anything on the team scroll down, so it  defaulted to the first team. Thanks for reminding me. 

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

9 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I disagree about Chapman. To me the guy hasn’t progressed at all. At least Agnew runs and throws the ball away. 

well maybe ?

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I was hoping to see more yesterday.  We look like the Aztec basketball team right now.  Great defense but not enough offense.

this is it chief, we have a really really good defense, offense not so much