mugtang

Mike Leech Texts to PAC-12 Offices

52 minutes ago, dshawfan said:

That is what Eisen is talking about, the fact that an administrator called in to give his opinion, which the control room interpreted as this guy is our boss, so what he says goes :rolleyes:

yeah, he basically overruled the call on the field if i remember right.

7 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

yeah, he basically overruled the call on the field if i remember right.

That's what the officials at the command center say. In the Pac's explanation, they say he called in to express his opinion only, but they thought since he was their boss that they had to follow his opinion. I guess it could've gone down like that, but call me skeptical....:rolleyes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dshawfan said:

That's what the officials at the command center say. In the Pac's explanation, they say he called in to express his opinion only, but they thought since he was their boss that they had to follow his opinion. I guess it could've gone down like that, but call me skeptical....:rolleyes:

Yeah, that's a BS excuse. Why would he even call in to offer on opinion? Something dirty is at play with Pac-12 officiating.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

Yeah, that's a BS excuse. Why would he even call in to offer on opinion? Something dirty is at play with Pac-12 officiating.

After watching Pac 12 officiating over the years, and seeing it bite the Pac team or higher ranked team a large number of times, I am disposed to attribute it to incompetence. I would be fine with the guy losing his job over this, he probably should.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

18 hours ago, dshawfan said:

Not surprised the PAC is dirty.  You should see how the UC’s operated when the Cal States tried to get approval to add doctoral degrees in applied fields. 

• Like 1

Although he can certainly be eclectic, I really started to like Leach when he gave Adam James what he deserved at Texas Tech and then sued his poppy, Craig James, for defamation. LOL!!!!  Now that’s my kind of guy. Adam was the most spoiled, lazy, dishonest, manipulating little cancer that caused problems in any locker room he infected. He couldn’t hack TT baseball and had almost daily pity parties, so then he decided to go for football, and the same thing happened. “Adam, you obviously want to cause problems and don’t want to practice, so go sit in the shed for 2 hours until we’re done with practice.” LOL!!  

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Mano said:

After watching Pac 12 officiating over the years, and seeing it bite the Pac team or higher ranked team a large number of times, I am disposed to attribute it to incompetence. I would be fine with the guy losing his job over this, he probably should.

After watching Pac 12 officiating over the years (maybe not as much as you) I am not disposed to attribute it to incompetence.  P12 officiating is systemically dirty.  Has been since at least the '90's.  Larry Scott knows this and is a prolific liar.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

After watching Pac 12 officiating over the years (maybe not as much as you) I am not disposed to attribute it to incompetence.  P12 officiating is systemically dirty.  Has been since at least the '90's.  Larry Scott knows this and is a prolific liar.

Nah, they just suck. 

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

10 hours ago, Mano said:

Nah, they just suck. 

It can be both, right? There's a difference between making bad calls and a phone call coming into the command center from a third-party. This thread is talking about that phone call, not their competency on the field.

• Like 1

The World Needs More Cowboys!